OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are we icing our game, not yet.

Are we doing things wrong, yep.

Are we working and winning games, absolutely and that’s good enough for me!
Me too. Not too concerned. Tiges will beat other teams. We are progressing.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not certain why have Preston in the reserves if CC was not going to use him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to factor in Sutton in her ear the whole way thru as well but it certainly wasnt the worst performance we've seen and certainly wasnt the most biased against us. We got some 50/50's and rub of the green SOMETIMES. Other games we've got nothing.
I don't think in any of the games I'm thinking of has there been any bias, just a sense of the refs not coping with the pressure and players picking up on it

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How good is it when we get over the halfway line most sets due to Kiraz and Xerri making good metres, and then we're keeping the opposition from reaching their 40m most times. It builds pressure and intimidates when we have that slick line speed.
The complete opposite to last year, where we would be making it to the 30m (maybe) and needing Burton to boot out way out of trouble. I think we have a chance against Penrith if:
a) Cleary sits out and
b) Our completion rate is as good as todays.
Our ex-Riff boys to have blinders (Kiks, Burto and Critta).
The comp will take notice of the doggies if we can stay close or take down the premiers!!!!
GO BOYS

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll take the 2 points but we have to improve big time next week.

I just hope Tracey is back and in FB
The 2 point is gold. Sexton and Skelton must be getting close. Kiraz needs to replace Xerri and Skelton get a run. Xerri has been OK but Skelton would be an upgrade

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree but we are up against it next week regardless no?
Need to be better and Tracey helps but not the difference really IMO

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished watching reserves. Skelton makes line breaks with ease our back 5 is set but I think he can have impact off the bench

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah we are going to need him back there if we are going to compete, we are a chance against the panthers if we play our best football they have looked a bit ragged the last few weeks and Cleary was dusty last week when he played , but we will have to be perfect to win.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sezer proved to me today we shouldn’t go anywhere near him. Not that we are, just saying the talk about him should probably cease.
The game went racing past him while he was in England. Everything he does is slow. All he did today was complain constantly for penalties.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You also entitled to your opinion but I must’ve been watching a different game to you if you didn’t think that wasn’t hard to to watch.

Players were intimidating her and she completely lost the game on a number of occasions. If she or any referee can’t make a decision on the field immediately and rely on the bunker referee to guide them then they shouldn’t be officiating.

I’ll say it again Women referees should only referee women games before one is severely hurt.
Every ref every game relies on the bunker, if not using the bunker is the criteria then we have no refs.

Male refs have been injured in games, it happens. If any ref is prepared to accept the risk of incidental injury, then that's up to them.

When it comes to losing control Tigers forgot the old rule, play to the whistle, get on with the game. That is the way it is in sports. Do you disagree that Klemmer was sat down?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surprised at this your serious?? I'm yet to watch the game but man that's a big call imo.
I'm not saying Xerri has been bad, he has exceeded expectations, but I'm not sure we wouldn't gain more having Skelton in the team. And Hutch is not dissimilar. He has been ok, but we could benefit from Sexton's spark too

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've played a ton of games in the past few years where we played ugly and lost by plenty. It's been a very long time since we played ugly and managed to win and that can only be a good thing.

It has also been a long time since I've been to the footy with a car full of fans rather than scratching around trying to find anyone interested (and resorting to taking my grandson because he can't say no and his unique method of scoring has us winning anyway).

Things are definitely looking up.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every ref every game relies on the bunker, if not using the bunker is the criteria then we have no refs.

Male refs have been injured in games, it happens. If any ref is prepared to accept the risk of incidental injury, then that's up to them.

When it comes to losing control Tigers forgot the old rule, play to the whistle, get on with the game. That is the way it is in sports. Do you disagree that Klemmer was sat down?
Even Michael Ennis said Casey would be very keen to get home to get on the couch. He felt for her.

There was a ball that went a metre forward that was missed.

Yes referees rely on the bunker for a contentious ruling, but in few instances today Casey let play go on when it should’ve been stopped and it was up to the bunker to tell her and then changed the ruling.

As I said I’m not against them playing or refereeing but the game is poorer for it when they’re officiating 26 male professional 1st grade rugby league players. Putting women in that position is not only dangerous but wrong.