Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than Shogun that's pretty much what every Trivium album has been like for me. Dead average but eventually I grow to love the albums. Shogun is the only album I liked on first listen.
I jumped off after Shogun. I’m comfortable with my decision
I really enjoy the first 4 albums. The rest are really poor or average. It is a shame because I had really high hopes for Trivium back in the early days, Heafy is a really talented singer and guitarist... oh well.

Saturday night for me. I was so tempted to get another ticket though.
I am sure you will be in for a great show. I do wonder if they will change the setlist though, if they don't that is super lame.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really enjoy the first 4 albums. The rest are really poor or average. It is a shame because I had really high hopes for Trivium back in the early days, Heafy is a really talented singer and guitarist... oh well.
I always saw Shogun as the album they sold their souls to make. The other albums were good but Shogun was perfection. Then they made In Waves which was shit. Took me a while but I started liking some of In Waves eventually. I loved Vengeance Falls as well but it was nothing compared to Shogun and it took a few listens before I started liking it. Listened to Silence in the Snow many times expecting it to grow on me. To this day I think I like one song on the album.

Listening to The Sin and the Sentence now. I get what you mean. After the first two tracks I was ready to nominate it for album of the year. Then the quality drops. There's one more decent song later on but the rest of the album is just a little average. Not bad, just average 80s influenced metal with no real depth to it. Still have two songs left though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talking of Trivium, this is probably my favorite song of theirs.

I remember it spun me out when i heard it on The Sims 2 soundtrack...:o

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dillinger, easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. If not the best. So dirty I didn’t go to the Stag gig as well. Wish I could share some video of the gig here.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dillinger, easily one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. If not the best. So dirty I didn’t go to the Stag gig as well. Wish I could share some video of the gig here.
People I know said the Metro gig was 100x better, so you shouldn't feel too dirty.

I assumed the Stag gig would be better because it was a smaller venue, but that venue limited their antics a bit. Nothing to climb and what not, but still a great show.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was such a fun show man, i really enjoyed myself. No bullshit talking in between songs, just one after another. Also great theatrics.

Will definitely see him again if he comes out.
What about Ace?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the news in the metal world but Decapitated band members were all arrested for gang rape later last month. They faced court yesterday and pleaded "not guilty". It's a bit of he said/she said. There were two women at a show who boarded their bus. They claim the band members were groping them and trying to restrain them. One woman claims she managed to fight them off and escape. The other woman claims she was raped by the whole band.

There are some things to keep in mind:

- The police reported bruising on the woman's arms and scratches on her knuckles suggesting she put up a fight defending herself (keeping in mind she had been moshing at a metal concert)

- There are a number of witnesses (roadies and general public) who stated that they saw both women leave the bus at separate times in what appeared to be good moods

- The woman who apparently escaped was caught driving under the influence of alcohol. She didn't mention anything about a rape until she was arrested and while awaiting being charged she received a phone call. After a private conversation she said that her friend was raped by 5 men and that she was only drink driving 'cause she was trying to get away

- The woman who was allegedly raped reported initially that 5 people raped her. That later changed to 4 people (all 4 band members)

- Two of the band members said they had consensual sex with her and they refused to provide DNA samples. The other two band members said they did not have sex with her at all and they provided DNA samples

Not sure how it will turn out but any which way the band is pretty screwed now.