Drugs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One of mine is in a Catholic school (girl school) and they don't do drugs.
The other is in an (all boys) selective school and drugs are rife .
Haven't been to school for quite some time, back in the 90's when i was, i went to nothing but catholic schools (mixed sex)and there was plenty of drug use. Oh yeah a married teacher that had an affair with a 16 year old student but that is a story for another day lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The school is 98% Asian .
Thats why the bastards are so good at maths they boof a few points of speed and hit their calculators all night.
Does that therfore be classified as a performance enhancing drug ?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to school for quite some time, back in the 90's when i was, i went to nothing but catholic schools (mixed sex)and there was plenty of drug use. Oh yeah a married teacher that had an affair with a 16 year old student but that is a story for another day lol
I was in highschool during the 90's. I went to a public school which alway had the stigma of being a lower class school. There was drug use for sure but it was only a small majority and everyone knew who the ones were that did it.

Also there was a female teacher at my school that was having an "relationship" with a student in my grade. Last i heard after we graduated that they ended up getting married and having kids.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just being naive but I have asked and generally girls love to gossip but all I hear are some smoke cigarettes and one or two are lesbians

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats why the bastards are so good at maths they boof a few points of speed and hit their calculators all night.
Does that therfore be classified as a performance enhancing drug ?
That's a good point, but the education system doesn't seem to care how you learn as long as they get paid at the end of the day, it's all kosher

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's 13 but I know there are drugs at his school because my daughter knows girls who know boys from that school..

The school is 98% Asian and so I'm hoping because my sons a minority he won't be part of that group when he gets into senior years.

Hes already really frustrated by the chinese culture and hangs out with an Arab, a South American, an Algerian and a token Chinese kid lol.

I'm not doing anything about it because kids are already very well educated on what drugs can do to them .

well lucky you, Asians (not indians or arabs) usually are not into drugs.

their drugs is achieving higher grades than every one else in the class.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good point, but the education system doesn't seem to care how you learn as long as they get paid at the end of the day, it's all kosher

you mean halal, lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get your kids into sports.
I swam when I was younger, wound up competing in the National titles.
While all my school mates were "experimenting" I was busy training and getting drug tested twice a month.
Still to this day, never touched a drug that wasn't prescribed to me.

my drug addict cousin is a champion in Tekken 7

that didnt really help.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well lucky you, Asians (not indians or arabs) usually are not into drugs.

their drugs is achieving higher grades than every one else in the class.
Yeah I feel lucky they basically bring themselves up tbh lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok, so I have this family problem at the moment, I have a 20 year old cousin who is in Melbourne, who has become a drug addict. He went to an expensive private school and started doing drugs when he was 16 at school.

According to him every kid he knew at school was doing drugs or marijuana.

I have personally asked few kids of the same age here in brisbane who are not at all into drugs nor have friends who do drugs, and they also told me that around 70% of the school kids are into drugs these days.

this is new for me cos i have my own boys will be teenagers soon. I would think private schools would have better control on problem like these compared to state schools but obviously not the case with my cousin.

So you guys obviously are from different areas and walks of life with kids of different ages. Do you think the drug problem is that bad in aussie schools that every other kid is into drugs , recreational or addicted.
A good way of staying on top of stuff is to encourage your kids friends to come over so you get to know them

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just being naive but I have asked and generally girls love to gossip but all I hear are some smoke cigarettes and one or two are lesbians
The thing is i think there is a big difference between a female been maybe bi-curious and experimenting with another female and actually been a lesbian and genuinely not interested in males whatsoever. For awhile there, it was the 'it' thing for a female to say she has been with another woman, the reasons for this are many.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being one of the younger ones who only finished school just 3 years ago and still have 2 siblings in high school, I can pretty much confirm just how bad the drug problem is these days. I could get drugs within 2 mins if I wanted too and it was at a private school as well. There will commonly be 2-3 groups per year groups that will be the main offenders, that group that think that there the "big boys" of the school and consider themselves as gang members (usually they say there apart of Assyrian Kings), the other group would be that group of nerds who no one expects but I tell you what they like to indulge in a lot of drugs, also the biggest myth is that girls rarely touch anything like that, they do it almost as much as the boys but there just way better at hiding it.

While sports may help, it can sometimes have the opposite effect, I was pretty decent at footy when I was still in high school and through all the school competitions lets just say I made a lot of new friends which resulted in a lot more parties and more opportunities to try drugs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Being one of the younger ones who only finished school just 3 years ago and still have 2 siblings in high school, I can pretty much confirm just how bad the drug problem is these days. I could get drugs within 2 mins if I wanted too and it was at a private school as well. There will commonly be 2-3 groups per year groups that will be the main offenders, that group that think that there the "big boys" of the school and consider themselves as gang members (usually they say there apart of Assyrian Kings), the other group would be that group of nerds who no one expects but I tell you what they like to indulge in a lot of drugs, also the biggest myth is that girls rarely touch anything like that, they do it almost as much as the boys but there just way better at hiding it.

While sports may help, it can sometimes have the opposite effect, I was pretty decent at footy when I was still in high school and through all the school competitions lets just say I made a lot of new friends which resulted in a lot more parties and more opportunities to try drugs.
Tell them that an ex Assyrian King told him to shut the fuck up and stop using Kings name as they don't exist anymore. Also tell the ***** to focus on school so they don't end up as trolley pushers.

Probably a bunch of 12 year old ***** trying to live off the Kings reputation.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

straight from the horses mouth.

this is very good informative post.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Step 1. Encourage him to take drugs as well as science.
Step 2. Setup a meth lab where he can take home some of it for personal use.
Step 3. Profit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the main cause of concern for me is every one i have spoken to and also from this forum so far, every second kid in school (private or public) has access to drugs and has used drugs in some capacity.

this is fucken absolutely crazy and I had no idea of the enormity of this problem.

I may have to think about home schooling my kids
I wouldnt worry yourself too much mate. Drugs have been around a long time. Ancient tribes were taking incredibly powerful halucinagenic drugs like peyote, ayahuasca, mescalin etc for millenia and it didnt make them die out.
It comes down to education in my opinion. If someone is educated on the repercussions etc, instead of finding out afterwards, they are more likely to be cautious and not abuse the substance. Same with alcohol and tobacco.
Kids will do as they please regardless of your advice, so just make sure you give them the bigger picture without condescending to them and telling them how much trouble they will be in. At least this way they may come to you for advice instead of doing things behind your back. If you have instilled a good set of values in them, and you have a good relationship with them then no worries, they will be fine.
I dont have kids, but this is the approach i will take when i do have them.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the main cause of concern for me is every one i have spoken to and also from this forum so far, every second kid in school (private or public) has access to drugs and has used drugs in some capacity.

this is fucken absolutely crazy and I had no idea of the enormity of this problem.

I may have to think about home schooling my kids
Ive never understood the home schooling thing ?
I mean, dafuq ?
I only went to year 10, what am i going to do when my kid gets to year 11 ? Learn the shit, myself. then teach him the next day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.