Canberra Raiders 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still dont know how this team couldnt at least scrape into the 8

It was a good game to watch yesterday and as usual for them this year, they manage to lose it after letting in a soft try from dummy half when they appeared to be ontop. They also let in a soft try to Mansour right on halftime when he went on one of his trademark runs from across the field.

I dont follow them, but I really havent seen a team throw away so many close games as they have done this year.

They did it both times against the Manly & Penrith this year, they blew the Knights game and lost against understrength Broncos & Cowboys teams during Origin. And theres most probably more in there theyve blown.

After the year they had last year, where they were literally one pass away from playing Cronulla in the GF, theyve easily been the biggest disappointments this year.

With other teams like us NZ (even with a great spine on paper this year) have been a basket case for years, & we did not have much expectation on us from the majority of the RL world, I would say the Raiders have been the biggest underachievers of 2017.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about that yesterday.. they finished runners up, close to the grand final in 2016, yet can't make the 8 in 2017? They have largely the same squad as last year as well.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was thinking about that yesterday.. they finished runners up, close to the grand final in 2016, yet can't make the 8 in 2017? They have largely the same squad as last year as well.
They have lots of players with individual brilliance but they don't have the teamwork necessary to grind out wins. Hence they either win by 100 or get beat. Austin, Wighton, Leilua, Rapana, Croker and Cotric are all rocks or diamonds players. When they are on they are unstoppable, but they just don't get into the grind. Add to that the biggest powder puff in the game up front in Boyd and it's little wonder they don't make the 8.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment of all teams this year, closely followed by the Warriors.

I do love giving it to Faders fans who all jumped on the bandwagon last year with their '#bleedgreen' bullshit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They lack composure in the spine and are poor defensively. They also look like a group of individuals rather than a team. If they get the team thing sorted they are probs a top 4 team as that looks like it would solve most of the issues.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not that surprising last year was out of the ordinary they have been down the bottom of the ladder last 4 or 5 seasons and there halfs are very erratic

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leipana combo has been average this year, not the impact last year where they tore shit up hard.

Austin and Hodgson also have been pretty quiet and they lost Vaughan who carved up last year.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leipana combo has been average this year, not the impact last year where they tore shit up hard.

Austin and Hodgson also have been pretty quiet and they lost Vaughan who carved up last year.
only glimpses from leipana this season could be the trouble with austin and the reason the halfs switched sides

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think leuilia has been a bit quieter this year though Rapana still killing it.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only glimpses from leipana this season could be the trouble with austin and the reason the halfs switched sides
I've noted a few mentioned something to do with Austin, care to elaborate ?

~c.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
They lack composure in the spine and are poor defensively. They also look like a group of individuals rather than a team. If they get the team thing sorted they are probs a top 4 team as that looks like it would solve most of the issues.
Fuck mate, you talk shit most of the time but this time you were spot on. Well done :grinning:

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noted a few mentioned something to do with Austin, care to elaborate ?

~c.
dosnt get along with leilua, on the field at least. since they were blowing up at each other during a game him and sezer switched sides and pretty much stopped there most damaging attacking edge getting good ball

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dosnt get along with leilua, on the field at least. since they were blowing up at each other during a game him and sezer switched sides and pretty much stopped there most damaging attacking edge getting good ball
Oh dear!
Appreciate the context, @OITENTA-E-NOVE !!

~c.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I picked Vaughan in the kennel draft thing and people said I had a shit pack ffs, turns out he was the Raiders best forward

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Problem with the Raiders has been their defense. No doubt their attack is good but when you can't defend, you're not going to get anywhere. I mean... even WE beat them FFS. Loosing to the HasDogs... now that's bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.