Jason Taumalolo & Anthony Milford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are risks on both sides.

In the salary cap era its not the smartest move imo.

Its different in, say, the US and Europe with transfer fees etc.
Yeah I see your point but In an era where players like Mbye and Brooks are asking for 750k, Taumalolo is a steal tbh.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wont produce for 10 years, so if true is a brilliant move. Hes not a spine player and the way he plays he has a limited life...theres always big boppers coming through. Also if true, it allows him to borrow a lot for investment purposes - his bank will extend him a lot of credit on the back of a secure cashflow for next 10 years.
Taumalolo isn't just a big blooper his the current Dally M medallist, players like him are once in a generation. And from what I've heard he takes his diet seriously and is a player with great ambition which leads me to believe he could be going strong until 31-32

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taumalolo deal is just plain dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
With nothing driving him, his form could take a nosedive.
If he continues to play well he's doing himself out of millions.
If he has a chronic injury, the club will do their best to "retire" him so they can clear him from their books.
The stupidity of this deal is immense.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If thats the case then Taumalolo should sack his agent, the cap is only going to increase every year from now and locking himself at only 1m for the rest of his career is stupid.
If true for taumalololo I'm shocked stupid deal for cows. Don't care if he's a beast couple injuries will hurt, throw in dce 10 year deal shows it doesn't exactly work
Fully agree guys.

Stupid stupid, stupid. In addition, what is to say that it won't go really pear shaped for the Cows if he has to retire prior to the end of ten years under the new injury policy and the Cows have to bear the cost of his contract for however many years he has left on it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
there goes the motivation to perform for next 10 years.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fully agree guys.

Stupid stupid, stupid. In addition, what is to say that it won't go really pear shaped for the Cows if he has to retire prior to the end of ten years under the new injury policy and the Cows have to bear the cost of his contract for however many years he has left on it.
Yea, but not from their cap, though.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid by the Cowboys.
Look at his motivation. Whether he plays at his high levels or not, he will get paid the same, he will even at 50% of his ability always get picked for the Kiwis. He has already won a premiership, he is not eligible for origin.
Also he is not an 8- minute player, he plays roughly around 60 minutes.
What will be his motivation?
Look at DCE, he has been very ordinary since he signed his 8 year deal..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had to laugh at the Milford is a lazy trainer rumour.

If he was lazy, i doubt the Broncs would be offerring him that much coin.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
apparently he is very lazy trainer, but the bronks see him renouf and langer who were also a lazy trainer but performed come game time.
Wayne Bennett was pretty fired up about it (even if it is true, its not a good rumour to gave about your star signing).

Some players train less as they age. I think Terry Lamb barely trained at all towards the end - he had to get his body to recover between games.

Status
Not open for further replies.