Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thread question was would u keep Des if we won the premiership. Of course we would.

The question wasnt would u keep Des if he wanted to do it before winning a premiership. My answer to that depends if i think we have changed enough in the right direction at the time.
I know what the question was... Wasnt contradicting you... Was #justsaying...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler filling my head with shit, that's exactly what I needed, thank you.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really believe in something do you need to read off a piece of paper. That tells me alot about Hasler, I wouldn't be suprised if Dib or Castle wrote it.
Good pick up. And its not like he doesn't know how to speak in public.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting season, but expectations need to be tempered while our spine has question marks all over it

Think im most excited to see Kasiano play

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been very skeptical and negative for a while now towards Des and the club. However one thing is for sure i'm looking forward to kickoff rd 1 and will still support the team no matter waht. If the team can make top 4 with this roster I will be very happy, but can't see it happening just yet. As far as a replacement for Des should he fail, I would love to see Kevin Walters given a shot i think he would be good for us.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what he actually thinks? I guess that if I knew that regardless of whether I achieved my targets at work that I was going to get another gig on the same or better money, I would probably somewhere deep down have a bit of a 'meh' factor. We won't make the 8 this year unless a lot of things fall our way.
Not sure about that I think a few coaches have said it's as satisfying as winning one as a player if not more

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but don't agree at all. Look at the way he spoke at and about Manly and the way he speaks here. This is a job for him, he refers to the club like he is completely detached from it. He has no passion for the place whatsoever.
He would still want to win he'd be on bigger money here and with the new rules he can't ever replicate the setup at belmore

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We coukld make the 8 but woeful recruitment and junior development will kill us again. We are being judged bottom 4 by most pundits based on the squad on paper. If the squad was top 6 as it always should be for the bulldogs then we'd have a genuine chance at winning a comp. I feel injuries will derail us this year and we'll flop
Will be interesting to see what the new recruitment manager does

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been very skeptical and negative for a while now towards Des and the club. However one thing is for sure i'm looking forward to kickoff rd 1 and will still support the team no matter waht. If the team can make top 4 with this roster I will be very happy, but can't see it happening just yet. As far as a replacement for Des should he fail, I would love to see Kevin Walters given a shot i think he would be good for us.
Top 4 out of the question I reckon if we make the 8 with our roster and spine would be an achievement

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Optimism? Is that you? *hug*

In all seriousness though, I cannot see us getting better for 2017. We are the only team whose roster has not bettered from the previous year (with the exception of maybe Cronulla, Cowboys and the Broncos.. but not like they need it?). That - and teams that weren't in the top 8 last year, will be fighting for the top 4 (Roosters, Warriors etc), and then you have those who, again didn't make it, but fighting for at least a top 8 berth (Eels, Rabbitohs).

The inner child in me thinks we can squeeze it - but unless we see a dramatic change in how we play with the same roster from 2016 (2011, anyone?) then I doubt we will be fighting for any real honours.

We would need a serious re-structure in terms of how we play and attack. Des was lucky when he came he had a bonafide superstar at the back (Barba was statistically the best attacking fullback in 2011, just terrible under the high ball)... now we don't have that. So it will be interesting to see his approach..

Here's to hoping that he can turn it around...
Roster wise your 100% correct.. some other squads like Raiders NZ and many others etc etc have great talent either across the park or in key positions.. For us to.be genuine contenders I still think we need changes in our spine

But I can just see us being extremely consistent and making the finals as usual like past years..

If we finish top 6 , the spirit of the great Bulldogs teams of old could see us give it a tilt

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring Kevin Walters in.... He's a smart coach, able to adapt to the game today and has done his apprenticeship under Bellamy and Bennett (also played under Bennett)! This would be a smart move by the Bulldogs!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn lol, I was thinking the same. Maybe he borrowed them from his mrs.
Common knowledge amongst the footy world that he still has the first dollar he made from footy
Moths come out of his wallet of and when he ever opens it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As angry and disappinted as i was after our horrible end to the year in 2016, i have always remained positive regarding this year.

I really think some people are far too critical of our players and our recruitment for this year. I honestly think we recruited pretty well. Sure we didnt buy any superstars, but we bolstered our backrow and three quarter line, and i think we have some good talent coming through. If players like montoya, woolford, abbey, brenko, talau, martin etc can step up then i think we can really give things a good shake.

As for the players we lost, rona was the only one i cared for. We will be better without she rex, and browne wont be missed either.

One thing we have going for us is continuity. The players know and trust eachother. We have a lot of great players in our team already that just need to get it right and stay injury free. Hasler will have tweaked a few things and we will be fine.

My only concern is lichaa and mbye. But even they should improve this year. If not we have players like woolford, cleeland and frawley to step up.

WE WILL BE FINE THIS YEAR!! We may not have the best team in the comp, but we are going to be there come finals time. Im sure of this. If you disagree, perhaps you should try to be a little more positive!!! Just try it.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was for change.
Change in playing style and to key positions mainly, but then for coach as I didn't see him wanting to adjust dispite the desperate need from it.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Des as whether we like him or not, he has earned at least this last chance. 2 GF's and never missing the semis with us. That's the facts.
Honestly, apart from Cleary, who else is really worth sacking Hasler for?
I will want to see him back up these words though, no more Tolman 4th tackle settlers attacking the line.
No more shit kicking game
No more slow as shit dummy half

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 4 out of the question I reckon if we make the 8 with our roster and spine would be an achievement
Very true. Realistically we should aim for the top 8. I don't think top 8 will be enough for Dessie or some of the players.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring Kevin Walters in.... He's a smart coach, able to adapt to the game today and has done his apprenticeship under Bellamy and Bennett (also played under Bennett)! This would be a smart move by the Bulldogs!
Offer him a stack of cash. Money talks

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have had what it takes since 2012, and we've failed everytime. This year will not be any different. We need a new coach with new ideas. Obviously if Des's game plan isn't working, then something is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.