In the meantime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whilst we as a club are sitting on our hands and in some cases on our big salaries, clubs like the Melbourne Storm are out and about looking to improve for next year. I heard that Lolohea is just about a done deal to go there.

Seriously how can we be sitting there with no signings and the grand finalists are improving next year.

Castle has not done a decent deal with any player since she arrived. Bmoz was done by his brother. The only deal she did was to get some free seats at brisbane games so that Barba could go to Brisbane.

Guys like Ennis Barba and Finucane must be laughing that they left our shithole. We have no end in sight. Same old same old next year

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, its like guru lover Moses says, 'we don't need anybody'.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
100% agree with you champ.
This has got to be the worse board in our history.
And before anyone says the salary cap of 2002 board were the worst, at least their intentions were for the club to win. This board needs to fuck off asap.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where's he going to fit in that back line?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have the feeling no one wants to come here
It's either that they don't want to come to us, or their clubs don't want them to come here. I suspect our location is a problem for many.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sad state of affairs.. Players now probably see this place as somewhere you should sign if you want your career to stall but get a huge salary in the process.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst we as a club are sitting on our hands and in some cases on our big salaries, clubs like the Melbourne Storm are out and about looking to improve for next year. I heard that Lolohea is just about a done deal to go there.

Seriously how can we be sitting there with no signings and the grand finalists are improving next year.

Castle has not done a decent deal with any player since she arrived. Bmoz was done by his brother. The only deal she did was to get some free seats at brisbane games so that Barba could go to Brisbane.

Guys like Ennis Barba and Finucane must be laughing that they left our shithole. We have no end in sight. Same old same ol
Can't see how the storm do it?
Smith on $1 million.
Cronk $900k
Slater $800k

However as TPPs are hidden knowone knows what teams spend on their teams?

Still I smell a rat with Melbourne.
Their performance is propped up somehow by the NRL to ensure they still get a crowd.

I live in Melbourne and I can asure you the few people who follow the storm are fair weather supporters.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are now the dragons/eels of the past who need to pay overs for any decent player we want.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to admit despite them being salary cap cheats, the Storm have the best recruitment in the Business. They sign guys like Koribete, Finucane and finds gems like Vunivalu, Asofa Solomona,etc. They're probably on the lookout for the next superstar who will take over Smith and Cronk. I thought it was the end of them when Slater picked up his injuries and I predicted that they would miss the 8 but they have guys like Cameron Munster who step up. Meanwhile.......at Belmore, We are still looking for a Fullback after 4 years.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to admit despite them being salary cap cheats, the Storm have the best recruitment in the Business. They sign guys like Koribete, Finucane and finds gems like Vunivalu, Asofa Solomona,etc. They're probably on the lookout for the next superstar who will take over Smith and Cronk. I thought it was the end of them when Slater picked up his injuries and I predicted that they would miss the 8 but they have guys like Cameron Munster who step up. Meanwhile.......at Belmore, We are still looking for a Fullback after 4 years.
I was surprised at their success too , I mean we beat them every round this year

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could like your post again Haha. We have completely failed as a footy club. As a business we may be going ahead with memberships and turnoverand our public image has grown (mind you reports are we blew our football budget this year and posted a loss so even our front of house are fucking up it seems).

But how any club can lose a key position like fullback and say our next one will be a rockstar (implying they will be as good if not better) and we end up with 3 wingers filling in for the next 3 seasons is a massive fail. You wouldn't expect it from the knights or dragons. Yet we are guilty of it. It is similar to Man U or Barca loosing a midfielder and playing a goal keeper for 3 seasons (ok slight exaggeration there :p). There would be riots on the streets.

Storm have always had top recruitment. Then and broncos would be the best at identifying young talent and getting them into their system. I have never heard of a storm player being "home sick" slater, Cronk and smith lived their most of their lives after coming down from Queensland. Yet we lost 2 players in 3 season to this bullshit excuse (which was actually about money then anything else).

And ok storm and broncos are the top for recruitment of juniors and even top line players (broncos chasing radradra after picking up Roberts and mead, that's more quality signing in 12 months then we have had in 12 years). But even the roosters, Penrith, parra, dragons, warriors, raiders, sharks (I can almost run through all other teams here) have squads that have been developed and improved year to year. They have kids coming through with potential or brought kids into the club and built them up.

Apart from playing first grade money for a kid that was 2 years away from first grade (abbey) we haven't targeted the next big thing for a while (definitely not since Hasler and castles have been pulling the reins).

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish we had the eels board who completely fucked up a year or two with their salary cap cheating but atleast built their future in the process with a huge possibility they win a premiership in next 2-3 years, while we keep making the 8 and getting out in the first round of the finals.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree, there's not even any mention of us signing anything other than last chance mental issues or reserve graders. I'm all for depth but that usually happens after you have your FG players.

We are either not even trying OR Des's gameplan has fuked us that hard that any players wouldn't come here in fear for their careers stalling. We appear to be quicksand right now and I think only a change of coach would entice and convince players that their will change?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Castle has not done a decent deal with any player since she arrived.
Sorry but that's rubbish, she's done a few decent deals.
1. Deal with World Vision to supply memberships to Africans.
2. Deal with camping world to supply 4 person tents that she can add to her wardrobe to wear.
3. Deal with Gai Waterhouse to supply premium horsehair for her wigs.
4. Deal with all pie manufacturers to keep clean happy.

Seriously we are the laughing stock of the NRL. They are laughing at our team and at our useless CEO.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of players in our team being paid overs and there is no money to go shopping...

The only explanation I can think of as to why we are always looking for bargain basement reserve graders!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see how the storm do it?
Smith on $1 million.
Cronk $900k
Slater $800k

However as TPPs are hidden knowone knows what teams spend on their teams?

Still I smell a rat with Melbourne.
Their performance is propped up somehow by the NRL to ensure they still get a crowd.

I live in Melbourne and I can asure you the few people who follow the storm are fair weather supporters.
They have 3 marquee players and can still fit in decent players like lochlea.....we cant even buy 1 marquee player.....our recruitment is disgusting to day the least

Status
Not open for further replies.