Tim Lafai arrested over drunken brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but there should have been a warning that clicking on the link would mean you had to look at Weidler's head. I'm still recovering from that time I saw him in Brisbane about 2 months ago.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Danny Weidler has blocked me

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
St George Illawarra centre Tim Lafai has reportedly been served an infringement notice by the club following an early morning altercation in Wollongong on Monday.

Channel 9's Danny Weidler reported Laifai has been given an infringement notice by the club days after he was dropped to the Dragon's NSW Cup team, the Illawarra Cutters.
https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler

Triple M published the following police statement confirming an altercation in Wollongong's main street.

"About 5am Sunday 24 July, 2016, police were called to the intersection of Atchinson and Crown Street, Wollongong following reports of a brawl," the statement read.

"Officers from Wollongong Local Area Command attended, however the people involved dispersed.

"Two men aged 23 and 25 were stopped nearby and given a move-along direction.

"A short time later, the pair were seen to be involved in a an altercation within a group of males on Crown Street.

"Police intervened and the 23 year old man and the 25 year old man were arrested after failing to comply with directions.

"Both men were taken to Wollongong Police Station and issued with infringement notices for continuing intoxicated behaviour after a move-on direction.

"Inquiries are ongoing."

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...ai-nrl-rugby-league/el5ukingksce1jd2a1d8ufjfx

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very surprising. Does not seem to be that type of person. I suppose playing for that club at the moment might ne enough to send you off the deep end.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/lafai-a...n_1_-lafai-arrested-over-drunken-brawl_250716

St George Illawarra centre Tim Lafai has landed in hot water after he was arrested for his alleged part in a drunken brawl in Wollongong.

The 25-year-old Samoan Test representative was issued with an infringement notice after being picked up by police on Sunday morning.

Lafai could be charged with further offences with NSW police saying inquiries are ongoing.

According to a NSW police statement, they were called to the intersection of Atchinson and Crown Streets following reports of a brawl at 5am on Sunday.

Lafai and a 23-year-old man were found nearby shortly after and told to move on by police.

However a short time later they were taken into custody after they were caught getting involved in an altercation with a group of men.

They were taken to Wollongong Police Station and given infringement notices for continuing intoxicated behaviour after a move-on direction.

Lafai was signed to the Dragons on a two-year deal from Canterbury at the start of the year but had been dropped to reserve grade at the weekend by coach Paul McGregor, after the side's recent string of losses.

The Dragons have been approached for comment.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be angry and drunk all the time if I had to play for the dragons, too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@ ^^ given how lazy he is, I'm amazed he could be bothered to get involved in a punch up.

Probably the most involved he's been with the Dragons since he signed with them.

*picture*
It worries me that our education system actually taught these people English, yet none of it seemed to sink in.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lafai was on top of the world in 2014, Grand Final, 14 tries, people mentioning his name for Origin representation. Its 2 years later and now he's playing reserve grade for St George.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for Lafai. As has been said he was looking like a star when he first hit the NRL. He's young enough to bounce back from this all but I guess he's got to put in the effort if he wants to reach his potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought it said "drunken bawl" lol.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ya know what. Thank God that shit doesn't occur at our club or at least not published. Sometimes a winning culture is one where the group and squad have respect for them selves and who they represent unlike the past. I hope Lafai grows up and learns from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.