Recent content by stevesonthebay

1. S

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

22 all at the moment. It doesn't really matter who wins. If the Phins win then the Cows fall further behind the Dogs. If the Cows win the Phins come closer to the Dogs. That means the Dogs win only be one or two wins away from top 6 and then top 4 because more teams will be only 2 or 4 points...
  2. S

Well the win against Tigers will help as that will keep us in the 8 until round 10 and if we lose to Panthers we are still among the pack. The big game I reckon will be against the Raiders the week after as we seem to be jostling with them in and out of the 8. That will take us to round 12...
  3. S

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

The Tigers remind me of the Bulldogs a few years back with trying different coaches and going back to the home grown coach like we did with Dean Pay.. Though I think Benji may eventually prove inspirational. But the team has not rebuilt within and big name players may not have their hearts in...
  4. S

Team after the bye

Though we seem to be winning with a smaller bench I would still like to see some more blooding of our mids. Maybe Patolo or Tetevano or even bring a NSW cup mid up to replace Sutton as he doesn't seem to be doing anything. Hopefully Fifita will be ready soon because I think if we are going to...
  5. S

Lol I tend to do that. I over think things. But its fun to speculate. But your right when it comes down to it the most important game is the next one. One game or rather win at a time lol. Its got to be wins.
  6. S

Well we may be opposing Alamotic the way he has been going. That may be good as well as he is less experienced. Maybe the x Panther players we have put in a big one to prove a point and that rubs off. If we play their style in defence we should go ok and then maybe with some outside the box play...
  7. S

Well we have seen Parra is volnurable. I don't think its just Moses. They have had pretty good players for a while and don't seem to click that often. When they do they can be great. But if we can exploit those weakneses then we have a chance. By out performances against Storm and Roosters and...
  8. S

Is CC building a system that's not reliant on one man?

I don't think its too much of a surprise that this is the case as this is copybook Panthers, Storm and Roosters systems. Especially Panthers seeming Gould and CC had a lot to do with Panthers rebuilding. I mean they have Cleary but have shown they can win without him. Like the Storm and...
  9. S

I reckon we have a chance against Raiders. They have lost Fogarty and Rapana and will have rookies for half their spin. Don't have an established hooker. Though have a good forward pack. Especially if Whitehead and Horsborough come back. I reckon the way the Tigers and Dragons are playing...
  10. S

yes I looked at this as well and I thought it would happen via warriors and dragons winning so that we jumped the roosters and then get in depending on cowboys and raiders losing. But instead surprise warrriors lost and roosters thrash dragons. But thats even better because it knocks two teams...
  11. S

I was checked this again and found I missed that if Dragons beat Roosters they get 2 points. So Warriors and Dragons or Roosters will be ahead of Dogs. That means the best we can hope for is 9th. But thats still good as we will be at the door of the top 8. The next game against Tigers is vital...
  12. S

I was just thinking about our chances. By my reckoning I think we could jump into 9th spot after our bye without even playing a game. If things really go our way we could actually be in the 8. We have a 4 point turnaround after the bye. Currently on 6 points and in 12th and will be on 8 points...
  13. S

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

What I like about the current side compared to the past is that we havn't had to rely on over priced players who did not perform consistently and their hearts not in it. Like Woods, Cotric, T Rex, Foran, Pangai and a bunch of young players that fizzed out like Allen, Lichaa, Holland ect. Now...
  14. S

We just don’t have the team

I always expectedd an improvement. This season is the second in a 5 year deal and plan to get the Dogs competing. The evidence showed that we had changed as a club in intensity of training, professionalism, attitude and culture so things had to get better. We are probably where we should be for...
  15. S

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Hoping King makes the side and maybe Patolo to bench in place of Hayward. We need more forward power against the Knight pack which is big and has the power game to counter it. Can't have 2 backs and a small forward in Morrin on the bench. Thats unless CC has some tactic where he sees us running...