Recent content by Prodigal Son

1. P

Prodigal Son returns to Belmore after 23 years!

Some more thoughts and recollections about last week’s match against Newcastle………………. Regarding the Peter Moore Scoreboard at Belmore, I found the TV images on it too small to be of much use (from where I was sitting in the grandstand) – is it just me or did others think the same? Also...
  2. P

Actually only a few DAYS (not years)!
  3. P

That is a LONG story (but I will TRY to be as brief as I can)……………….. From 1975 to 1994 I attended about 180 Canterbury-Bankstown games (mostly at Belmore) of which I had many fond memories (especially the 4 premierships). I had great passion for the club and sometimes would have laryngitis...
  4. P

Yes, I have noticed a LOT of negativity on the Kennel when it comes to the coach and club hierarchy! I am puzzled by the amount of negativity towards Des Hasler, when objectively his results with the Bulldogs have been more than satisfactory. To me the situation with some Kennel posters...
  5. P

I have not posted on The Kennel for a few years, but long term Kennel members would remember me. I am probably best remembered for my letter to each Bulldogs Director in December 2005 which I posted on the Kennel (refer to the thread started by me titled “Canterbury-Bankstown at Belmore!” which...
  6. P

Hi Ozman As you are probably aware, the other day I made my first post on the Kennel in...

Hi Ozman As you are probably aware, the other day I made my first post on the Kennel in almost 2 years (refer post #190 in the thread "Bulldogs change name back to Canterbury bankstown Bulldogs"). In light of this long overdue good news, I plan to attend some games next year (2010). It...
  7. P

Happy birthday christabella

Happy birthday from an "old" Kennel member who hasn't posted for a long time (do you remember me?).
  8. P

Bulldogs change name back to Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

This is very good news, and upon reading this thread for the first time today, it has caused me to come out of "hibernation" and make my first post on the Kennel in almost 2 years. Over the last 2 years I have only paid brief "visits" to the Kennel, which is no doubt why I missed this thread...
  9. P

Board Elections: How do we vote?

I am not a football club member. How each football club member votes is, of course for them to decide. What I would like to see is football club members vote for candidates who are primarily committed to giving the club back its rightful IDENTITY (Canterbury-Bankstown) and secondarily looking...
  10. P

My Favourite 10 Dogz Ever...

1) Geoff Robinson (easily my #1) 2) Steve Mortimer 3) Terry Lamb 4) Peter Kelly 5) Steve Price 6) Garry Dowling 7) Bob McCarthy 8) Sonny-Bill Williams 9) Greg Brentnall 10) Willie Mason
  11. P

Bulldogs member badges

Hi Collector I became a Leagues Club member in 1985, and so I had some member badges for a few years (like you say, I think they were phased out in the late 80s). I remember holding on to them for several years, but I probably threw them away in 1995 (when I became disillusioned with the...
  12. P

Happy 21st Birthday Justin aka Mr Bulldogs

Happy 21st birthday, Mr Bulldogs.
  13. P

frank hyde

R.I.P. Frank Hyde. Sad to hear, but to reach 91 is a good innings (as they would say in cricket). Condolences to the Hyde family. I listened to Frank call many games from the mid 70s to early 80s. Frank Hyde was easily the best league commentator I have come across. Frank was a very...
  14. P

That's 5/5 for me

0/0 (LOL). For various reasons I have very little interest in the footy these days (to a large extent due to factors I have mentioned in some of my posts of a few months ago) and so I have not attended any Bulldogs games this year (and for that matter have rarely posted on the Kennel this year)...
  15. P

Paul Simpkins - F*&%ing DISGRACEFUL

I thought the 12-4 penalty count was unjustified and I noticed that most of the 50-50 calls went to the Cowboys. If not for this then I am sure the Bulldogs would have beaten North Queensland. The home ground advantage (influence of the essentially one-sided crowd) was a telling factor...