Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with you. It was new territory or him given he hasn't bought this type of player since, I guess Bergkamp comes close.

Transfer prices were much higher than he anticipated. Given he had sold the worlds best striker at the time or £24m one year earlier, he was right to expect an Higuain should have been no more than £25m.

He was right on Cabaye, and in the end he was right. If he was to spend the crazy money that is needed these days, he wanted a world class player who has proven his worth.

I couldn't have been more excited than Ozil, even more than had Fabregas returned.

If only we still had RVP, but the bitch dogged us.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MAN! Real Madrid got the shiit end of the stick in this one. I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR INTERNATIONAL DUTIES FFS....!

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Agree with you. It was new territory or him given he hasn't bought this type of player since, I guess Bergkamp comes close.

Transfer prices were much higher than he anticipated. Given he had sold the worlds best striker at the time or £24m one year earlier, he was right to expect an Higuain should have been no more than £25m.

He was right on Cabaye, and in the end he was right. If he was to spend the crazy money that is needed these days, he wanted a world class player who has proven his worth.

I couldn't have been more excited than Ozil, even more than had Fabregas returned.

If only we still had RVP, but the bitch dogged us.
really? no signing would have brought me more joy than getting cesc back :( still though been buzzing all day, ozil is a machine

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Not to be a Ozil bandwagoner now that we have him, cause I would love Cesc back also but have you seen the stats between the two? He's not just A LITTLE bit more impressove

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD Giroud and Walcott are gonna love this kind of service, some of his passes are ridiculous

[video=youtube;4Oqy2VDtUSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Oqy2VDtUSo[/video]

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I don't need to, but all the Arsene critics... Please the floor is yours lol
Puh-leaze.

Wenger's biggest signing of the summer was for a player who plays in a position where they carry the most depth and suddenly he is the messiah again? Perhaps they should commission another bust of him.

And does that fact absolve his inability to bring in another striker, where they are most deficient. Wenger wanted to bring in a striker all off season, yet he was content to put all his eggs in the Mourinho controlled Demba Ba basket on deadline day. Right now Arsenal's depth chart for strikers is:
1.Giroud
2.A frequently injured player who played in Ligue 2 last season.

No other Arsenal manager in the club's 127 year history has gone 9 years without a trophy.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Puh-leaze.

Wenger's biggest signing of the summer was for a player who plays in a position where they carry the most depth and suddenly he is the messiah again? Perhaps they should commission another bust of him.

And does that fact absolve his inability to bring in another striker, where they are most deficient. Wenger wanted to bring in a striker all off season, yet he was content to put all his eggs in the Mourinho controlled Demba Ba basket on deadline day. Right now Arsenal's depth chart for strikers is:
1.Giroud

No other Arsenal manager in the club's 127 year history has gone 9 years without a trophy.

Well said! I still think we won't win shit with Wenger calling the shots, though I'll be glad to be wrong lol

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Puh-leaze.

1.Giroud

Where do you start with this level of negatively, blindsided hatred for Wenger cause we haven't won. I know, I know you love Arsenal so much it's brutal honesty...

Wenger never opened the books to buy, you can choose to believe that's his call, whatever won't waste my time on that argument.

Unlike most manager he doesn't just buy a like for like player to keep supporters like yourself happy. He has shown confidence in the players that hung around. Granted, we needed a striker. But he has taken a major step forward. You can look past your own ego for a day and post something positive like the rest of us bud.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Eedz you think Wenger has done enough for him to be re-signed?

Or you going to wait till the January window to make judgement?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Eedz you think Wenger has done enough for him to be re-signed?

Or you going to wait till the January window to make judgement?
Honestly, I think he has done everything required of him behind closed doors.

They won't admit it to the supporters, but they had a plan to secure the clubs financial position before it's football position while setting "reasonable" goals for Wenger. Which I think, he achieved.

Also, I think one of those goals for this window was to deliver signings which will delivery trophies (that's his new goal now)... He fell a little short on the striker, but Giroud and Sanogo are his babies, they could deliver for him on that front as well (cheap too)

They want results/trophies now, no doubt about it otherwise why wouldn't pay 42million pounds for Ozil (3x more than ever before!!).

By January, we need to be fighting for top spot, we need to be progressing in our Champions League pool and we need to attract another big name player.

I personally think we will be, Ozil will add so much. Giroud is playing awesome upfront, did you see his finish against Spurs? FMD Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott are looking the goods, Cazorla will do his thing. As soon as Arteta and Vermalean are back we'll be great at the back.

That's all my opinion of course :p

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like your opinion MP4-Eedz and agree.

Please don't compare the mid field we have to Ozil. He is a class or 2 above them.

Also, Walcott will deputise for Girroud until we buy another striker. I don't think it will be Sanogo.

You have to start somewhere. And Wenger has delivered.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
That's true. Things are looking good,

Ozil might just be one player, but a lot has happened to a lot of the others players since the start of last season as well

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Hope this Ozil signing is a catalyst for change, once one quality star comes in hopefully the rest will follow. Just look at Robinho with City.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still in shock, TBH. I am amazed at this signing. His stats are amazing and are second to none in the La Liga. I'll try to find the article I read.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm slightly upset we didn't get Ba. I really rate him and was one of the best strikers in the EPL when he was at Newcastle.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'm slightly upset we didn't get Ba. I really rate him and was one of the best strikers in the EPL when he was at Newcastle.
I think if Liverpool wasn't going so well, and hadn't bought well, Mourinho would have accepted the loan. Too many quality sides this year on par with eachoher :grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if Liverpool wasn't going so well, and hadn't bought well, Mourinho would have accepted the loan. Too many quality sides this year on par with eachoher :grinning:
This comp is probably the closest one in years. I'm glad. If we can stay fit we will go very close, IMO.

Poor Tottenham. They can't beat us on the field and off it. They tried to cock block us with their gay little delayed tactics but failed.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
God love them…

Started shooting there mouth off early last year as “being the better London side”… lol we had a great finish and made Top 4

And now they think they are super clever, still got owned

What confuses the FARK out of me is how they didn’t negotiate for either Ozil or Di Maria or someone?!?!! Clearly Real had to get rid of someone, and surely with Bale as a bargaining chip they could have got a better deal then us…

Jewish act I suppose, they saw that big number and jumped at it lol d!ckheads

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
God love them…

Started shooting there mouth off early last year as “being the better London side”… lol we had a great finish and made Top 4

And now they think they are super clever, still got owned

What confuses the FARK out of me is how they didn’t negotiate for either Ozil or Di Maria or someone?!?!! Clearly Real had to get rid of someone, and surely with Bale as a bargaining chip they could have got a better deal then us…

Jewish act I suppose, they saw that big number and jumped at it lol d!ckheads
That's what shocks me, too! This Levy is apparently the God of negotiating yet no player swap was mentioned. I get they've bought but you wouldn't want a quality player from Real? Take your pick, FFS!

Bale has upset the Tottenham supporters by kissing the Madrid badge haha.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
That's what shocks me, too! This Levy is apparently the God of negotiating yet no player swap was mentioned. I get they've bought but you wouldn't want a quality player from Real? Take your pick, FFS!

Bale has upset the Tottenham supporters by kissing the Madrid badge haha.
Lol what exactly did they expect him to do with it?!?!

Speaking of Bale, brilliant player, but he only had the one good year. Surprised Real went for him and broke records to get him. I think the figure even caught Tottenham off guard somewhat...