OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but it kind of helps when you have 3 of the best players to have played the game in your side.
He's made top 4 without them, don't buy that argument at all. Bennett took a bog average Dragons side to a title. Have him the best but Gibson was a fraction before my time

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have zero confidence going into this game.
1. Strom have basically everyone available, our injury list is about 11.
2. Melbourne home game.
3. New ref who will too easily be swayed by the home crowd.
4. We need them to not turn up, like the same game early last season. No way Bellyache is going to let that happen again, and really all he has to do is make them watch a video of the game we beat them and ask them if they really feel like underestimating us again.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2. Melbourne home game.
4. We need them to not turn up, like the same game early last season. No way Bellyache is going to let that happen again, and really all he has to do is make them watch a video of the game we beat them and ask them if they really feel like underestimating us again.
to be fair we came out with a point to prove and it was offload galore and passing the ball. This year makes me feel like we’re better than that, we should come out guns blazing. Trust me if we can shut down Hughes and grant, munster will fall into a shell. Papi hasn’t sent the world on fire like previous years. I hope we win just want to show the competition we are not the bulldogs of last year. Mindset, connection, playing for one another is huge at our club.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically I think it will be storm 26 - bulldogs 10

BUT wishful thinking

storm 20 bulldogs 24

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he did , but in our first three game he made closer to sixty his misses where higher and his defence falls off a cliff as does his service .the last few weeks he’s made less tackles missed less and his service has improved especially in the roosters game, fatigue is killing him in the back end of games and it’s killing us. He also straightened up in the roosters game I think someone has told him to pace himself in d and stop skipping sideways out of DH he was passing off the ground in the roosters game and it made a huge difference to our attack.
I agree he looses concentration, he is a workaholic but does throw occasionally crazy pass due fatigue at back end…

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll say it again...We need BIG BOPPERS to help take the impact,
Our hard working SMALLER FORWARDS are getting smashed !!!
I checked this out.

On what players are listed as far as height and weight go, (didn't include hooker stats)

Our front row players are 0.567496kg per cm, Storm are 0.561691

Our total forward pack is 0.570366kg per cm, Storm are 0.564076

Based on listed lineups, so we're not actually a small forward pack. We rank 9th when it's just front row (props and lock), we rank 6th whole forward pack (excluding hooker), as far as weight is concerned.

We do have big bodies in actuality, Kikau, Hughes, Faumasili, Kautoga help boost our stats.

1712810754602.png

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wyatt Raymond will referee this match. Really cool dude that we saw against the Storm in our first trial game this year. Seemed fair in decision making. I hope it continues in this match being his rookie nrl debut.
We love u Wyatt ur cool .

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Melbourne home game.
Teaspoon of cement psycho doggie what’s happened to u…we gonna get on those fuckin Mexicans take back our culture.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
to be fair we came out with a point to prove and it was offload galore and passing the ball. This year makes me feel like we’re better than that, we should come out guns blazing. Trust me if we can shut down Hughes and grant, munster will fall into a shell. Papi hasn’t sent the world on fire like previous years. I hope we win just want to show the competition we are not the bulldogs of last year. Mindset, connection, playing for one another is huge at our club.
I would love us to win, it would be brilliant. I can see it being possible, when I stand back far enough. But as I get closer to what seems to be the most likely factors that will decide the game, I see those factors mostly favouring Strom.

At the end of the day, the players on the field and what they do in the 80 minutes (along with the ref calls), is what decides the winner.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Teaspoon of cement psycho doggie what’s happened to u…we gonna get on those fuckin Mexicans take back our culture.
Would love to beat them tomorrow. I am very confident that the time is coming, and may not be far off, that we put together a long sequence of wins against them.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for Friday, if the teams goes out there with intent and plays with speed, defends their tryline consistently well, and stands up to the Melb halves, props, and wingers, I will be happy enough. I want us to have that depth of toughness and resilience that we can turn around after 6 days, with an 11 man injury list, and an interstate trip, and muscle our way to a win. I think we are closer to that than we have been for a while, but not there yet.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to beat them tomorrow. I am very confident that the time is coming, and may not be far off, that we put together a long sequence of wins against them.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for Friday, if the teams goes out there with intent and plays with speed, defends their tryline consistently well, and stands up to the Melb halves, props, and wingers, I will be happy enough. I want us to have that depth of toughness and resilience that we can turn around after 6 days, with an 11 man injury list, and an interstate trip, and muscle our way to a win. I think we are closer to that than we have been for a while, but not there yet.
I can see why Cameron ciraldo is playing mind games, his definitely a much better coach than last year, the difference? Players buying into his system. If we somehow beat storms tomorrow all I can say is we have turned a new corner, if we somehow lose by 6 points, I’m still going to say we’ve turned a corner, why? Because with 11 injuries and other reasons and Yet lost only by a try.

round 1- we got starved of possession
round 2 - should of win against sharks but let it slip.
round 3 - looked like we just suffocated the titans with the ball
round 4 - should of won that with the amount of ball and inconsistent ref calls
round 5 - we showed we can aim up with a top 4 side

That’s 2 losses we could of picked up and been in the top 8. It’s time for us to prove everyone wrong again and maybe if we do it this round, you’ll definitely see our H2H price going forward in our favour

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We need to pressure there kickers… improve our own short kicking game and maintaining our long kicking game… these better sides win with their support play coming down through the middle at speed, inside balls Papps… CC has improved our defence they got a challenge here..also Mexicans use the big winger Coates jumping up high.We need our D firing. But Dogs by 12.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see why Cameron ciraldo is playing mind games, his definitely a much better coach than last year, the difference? Players buying into his system. If we somehow beat storms tomorrow all I can say is we have turned a new corner, if we somehow lose by 6 points, I’m still going to say we’ve turned a corner, why? Because with 11 injuries and other reasons and Yet lost only by a try.

round 1- we got starved of possession
round 2 - should of win against sharks but let it slip.
round 3 - looked like we just suffocated the titans with the ball
round 4 - should of won that with the amount of ball and inconsistent ref calls
round 5 - we showed we can aim up with a top 4 side

That’s 2 losses we could of picked up and been in the top 8. It’s time for us to prove everyone wrong again and maybe if we do it this round, you’ll definitely see our H2H price going forward in our favour
It does feel like a moment of opportunity, a win here would have lots of people taking another look at things, reviewing their form guides, etc.

But I don't think it is fair for us to regard it as a crucial or critical moment. Things can change dramatically in a match. If Coates goes down with a leg injury in the 3rd minute, Grant gets penalised twice in the first 15 minutes for ruck infringements and goes into his shell, one of their forwards gets sent off, and Hughes keeps dropping the ball, it is a whole different ball game to what we are probably expecting.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to pressure there kickers… improve our own short kicking game and maintaining our long kicking game… these better sides win with their support play coming down through the middle at speed, inside balls Papps… CC has improved our defence they got a challenge here..also Mexicans use the big winger Coates jumping up high.We need our D firing. But Dogs by 12.
We have shown that we can miss tackles but not let in tries, similar to Penriff (though not to their level, yet). But when teams get on top of us it has been down the middle, when there is fatigue in the game, and our central defenders are losing the ruck most of the time. We need to play to the understanding that this is going to happen to us at some point in the game.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have shown that we can miss tackles but not let in tries, similar to Penriff (though not to their level, yet). But when teams get on top of us it has been down the middle, when there is fatigue in the game, and our central defenders are losing the ruck most of the time. We need to play to the understanding that this is going to happen to us at some point in the game.
That’s sounding more hopeful…so we need a game, in your opinion where our central defenders can win the ruck for most of the game. Thanks I’ve refocused what I’m looking at this game. I think we can do that.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m tipping and betting on storm like I did roosters.
So we should win

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2. Melbourne home game.
If I’m being honest, I get similar vibes, though still hopeful - the timing is not good for us going into Melbourne with so many key outs namely King, Mann and likely Kiks as senior players in our forward ranks adding Presto too…

If they can work hard and carve out a victory, it’s going to give the team, Club and fans a massive boost of confidence. If we keep it close, it’s still going to be a positive in my eyes but there’s going to be the usual sh!t on here for any loss… fans have to keep sh!t in perspective and appreciate the improvements we’re making. By no means am I saying we’re certainties to lose this game, we’re at a different level mentally to previous years and we’re much more committed defensively so anything is possible, but a win down there with so many fallen and Storm at near full strength would be huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.