How Good..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always thought Ilias was average and he kind of deserved to be dropped but no doubt he's let Latrell get away with everything and it's affected the team for years. Dropping Cook is absurd though.
The fall of JD begins with dropping Ilias. He is certainly not the premier halfback in the NRL, a long way from it. But he is the best 7 in their squad. Hawkins is not at his level, end of story. If JD stuck solid with Ilias instead of dropping him, the only way he can be in the amount of trouble he is now is if someone higher up demanded Ilias be dropped.

Meanwhile Ilias' few games at Cup level have shown that he is better than Cup level, and then he copped the fracture. Now JD has dropped Cooky. He is a dead man walking.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it too see the Rabbits on their knees? Wing nut is fucked, hung out to dry by the fat boy. I heard today that demetriou tried to give a team award to Fatrell for his tackle on JAC but some of the other Souths players jacked up because it was an illegal hit and a grub move. I do feel sorry for Cam Murray though… give him a call Gus.
I think there'd be a few expressions of interest being sent out to potential new coaches over at Souths.

They still haven't found a replacement for Reynolds, but they shouldn't have dropped off a cliff form wise as much as they have. I hope they alienate a lot of good players before they replace Demetriou. It'd be nice if their ineptitude leads to some of their stars searching for new clubs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bennett will probably be a shoe in there with Burgess coming back as his understudy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fall of JD begins with dropping Ilias. He is certainly not the premier halfback in the NRL, a long way from it. But he is the best 7 in their squad. Hawkins is not at his level, end of story. If JD stuck solid with Ilias instead of dropping him, the only way he can be in the amount of trouble he is now is if someone higher up demanded Ilias be dropped.

Meanwhile Ilias' few games at Cup level have shown that he is better than Cup level, and then he copped the fracture. Now JD has dropped Cooky. He is a dead man walking.
I agree about Hawkins but they should have just played Walker and Wighton together in the halves. Sure none of them are a natural halfback but they're far better options than Ilias and Hawkins who aren't FG calibre halves. Wighton in the centres is a complete waste.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always thought Ilias was average and he kind of deserved to be dropped but no doubt he's let Latrell get away with everything and it's affected the team for years. Dropping Cook is absurd though.
Yeah I don’t know if Illias is going to be an NRL quality HB but south’s would easily be the worst club in the comp for a young HB to try and establish himself in with the egos that are rolling around in the joint, he definitely wasn’t playing well but there are a lot more experienced players on huge money in that side that where playing worse.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The funniest part is Jack Black-on taking a pay cut to join the crisis club.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there'd be a few expressions of interest being sent out to potential new coaches over at Souths.

They still haven't found a replacement for Reynolds, but they shouldn't have dropped off a cliff form wise as much as they have. I hope they alienate a lot of good players before they replace Demetriou. It'd be nice if their ineptitude leads to some of their stars searching for new clubs.
Souths didn’t resign Reynolds due to his age but bought Wighton over 30 and resigned a well older Walker. The power brokers there receive little of the criticism, can you imagine if it was Gould

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's brilliant to see but it would also be great for the media to really call out Latrell for who he is.

Overweight, over paid, lazy, agenda driven that who would rather comment on social media about his brothers than put his effort into Footy.

I actually hope this young fella kills it at FB and when LOLtrell is ready to return, they either don't select him or slap him back in the centres or even off the bench as a middle to prove a point.
I reckon Gus was on the money on 100% Footy the other night. He wondered if Mitchell really loved the game, and particularly the difficult and team aspects of it. I would be pretty surprised if the answer was yes. I reckon he played it as a young kid for fun, realised as he aged that he was highly talented. In his teens to when he left the Roosters, he seemed to love it, but since joining Souths and becoming more of a leader and role model in the community, it looks like he doesn’t love the weekly grind so much. He plays half hearted most weeks and has numerous brain snaps throughout the season. He plays bored tbh. Like he wishes he could be anywhere else. I guess he has a few million reasons why he stays, but I can guarantee you if he could easily make bank another way, he would.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve always thought Ilias was average yet they persisted with him for ages. When they finally dropped him, I thought it was about time, but it’s no good if his replacement is just as average and if there are other more deserving players to be dropped. Hawkins looks much the same as Ilias, yet Walker and Mitchell are undroppable it seems.

The selection that tells you everything you need to know about JD though, is dropping Tallis Duncan for the likes of Host and Chee Kam lol. That is so cooked.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When media talks about dogs we don’t believe a word said but when it’s another team we accept it

raiders doing better without him too
My initial source for that information has nothing to do with the media but as usual you run your mouth without putting your brain in gear.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My initial source for that information has nothing to do with the media but as usual you run your mouth without putting your brain in gear.
Lmao can only go on your Kent quote and it was a generalised statement of the kennels disdain of the media with
You being one of the leading lights in that regard.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Big Mal will be coaching Souffs next week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I reckon Gus was on the money on 100% Footy the other night. He wondered if Mitchell really loved the game, and particularly the difficult and team aspects of it. I would be pretty surprised if the answer was yes. I reckon he played it as a young kid for fun, realised as he aged that he was highly talented. In his teens to when he left the Roosters, he seemed to love it, but since joining Souths and becoming more of a leader and role model in the community, it looks like he doesn’t love the weekly grind so much. He plays half hearted most weeks and has numerous brain snaps throughout the season. He plays bored tbh. Like he wishes he could be anywhere else. I guess he has a few million reasons why he stays, but I can guarantee you if he could easily make bank another way, he would.
I believe Gus is right for most part. But a black fella from the Mid-North Coast he definitely loves rugby league imo, just hates the NRL and all the shit that comes with it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe how quickly this is unfolding, but once a coach allows certain players to dictate, it's generally the end of him.
Middle of last season they were near the top of the ladder. Wtf happened?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coaches bennet chooses to ay suceed him are always mediocre , he does it on purpose. I’m glad south’s are failing / this flog is being sacked. Always talking shit about people being racist and has critiqued us heaps post game before