2023 = 3
2024 = 2

Attack:

2023 = 17.4 ppg
2024 = 18.4 ppg

Defence:

2023 = 19.0 ppg
2024 = 19.4 ppg

Feels like we're a better team this season though even with the stats not really saying that.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First 5 games 2023 vs 2024.

Won:

2023 = 3
2024 = 2

Attack:

2023 = 17.4 ppg
2024 = 18.4 ppg

Defence:

2023 = 19.0 ppg
2024 = 19.4 ppg

Feels like we're a better team this season though even with the stats not really saying that.
agreed. But the real test will be next week because I got the sense we started unravelling when we had injuries pile up and our depth was tested…

looking at Gus’ post, we’re just about there

our draw this year is also harder.. from memory our wins last year were against bottom feeder teams and a weakened storm side. This year our draw has been harder and we’ve been competitive in all

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far out, it’s 2 bloody points and keeps us close to the top 8. The boys will learn a lot from this. I thought we missed Preston tonight. Sure we were playing against 12 men and then 11 men later but the conditions were terrible. If it was a dry track we get them out wide with the overlap easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Presto would have scored 3 he would have loved to have played in that 1st half momentum turned just long enough for us kick out to 10 in front and considering injuries we now know about, empty but proud.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though we nearly gave it away, 2 points is 2 points. This team is not used to being in that sort of position so I'm not too upset. Congrats boys. Dogs on the up.
Looking at the Roosters starting team on paper I was concerned we'd get thrashed actually so ANY win is amazing really. We attacked with our defence and if we can do the same we can hold or more than match any team.

Back in 2002 when we went on the run of 17 games I remember our defence being similar. We'd play teams who won by 30 points the previous week but when they came up against us they'd make all kinds of silly errors with the ball because our defence put them under so much pressure. If only we can do it for 80 minutes we can beat anyone

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters just moved the ball. Wet conditions negated the extra man. There was some piss poor defence but 3 of those tries wouldn’t have been scored if Taaffe was on the field. Is Kiraz going to catch a bomb this year? His form in the air has been shocking. All we needed to do was stop one of those tries and killed their momentum. There was no composure.

I’m terrified for next week. Who will play fullback? It cannot be Crichton. A world class centre but he was diabolical there.

On the bright side Xerri had a good run. Reed is finding his form. Kikau is a beast. Burton is building. Taaffe finally finding his feet. Mann is an absolute weapon. Not sure how we went with rotations but Patolo looked buggered. Sam Hughes played his best game for us. Some good signs. We’ll beat the storm next week then lose to knights lol.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Won:

2023 = 3
2024 = 2

Attack:

2023 = 17.4 ppg
2024 = 18.4 ppg

Defence:

2023 = 19.0 ppg
2024 = 19.4 ppg

Way better this year, but so are other teams. There are no walk in the parks except for maybe the Titans.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Won:

2023 = 3
2024 = 2

Attack:

2023 = 17.4 ppg
2024 = 18.4 ppg

Defence:

2023 = 19.0 ppg
2024 = 19.4 ppg

We actually had a good great start to last year then the wheels fell off in round 6

hope history does not repeat but I’m getting nervous with the injuries

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really thought our forwards would get pummeled week in, week out, but so far, they've mostly held their own. Good stuff boys.
Kennel really can't be full on blaming the forwards for poor halves play this year. The pigs have held their own so far at least.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Plenty of things for the coaching staff to go over in both halves. I still think we are on the right track but need to be more resilient when calls go against us.
The injuries will allow natural changes to be made and gives others a chance to prove themselves. Stay positive.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I must admit after reading about the injuries from last night, I’ve changed my thoughts on the win. It was more a tough, gritty and ugly win, than the embarrassing win I thought it was. If the injuries are what we think, we’ll see a lot of NSW Cup players get an opportunity next wk.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No 2 points are not two points. There are wins where you see the team gelling and actually looking like premiership contenders. The only thing we got out of this win is that mid-table teams are literally better than us even if they have a player short. A 26 point half-time lead still isn’t safe with us. We have a long way to go.
Yes it is two points...so you'd rather we be 1 from 4?? Wow..definitely alot to work on injuries and positional changes didn't help...

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I must admit after reading about the injuries from last night, I’ve changed my thoughts on the win. It was more a tough, gritty and ugly win, than the embarrassing win I thought it was. If the injuries are what we think, we’ll see a lot of NSW Cup players get an opportunity next wk.
I'd love to see Papalii get a start at fb

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We actually had a good great start to last year then the wheels fell off in round 6

hope history does not repeat but I’m getting nervous with the injuries
I reckon that had to do with players not liking training conditions. It brewed early on looks like it and we never recovered. That attitude seems to be weeded out this season so hopefully the trajectory of improvement keeps going north

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I left the game last night with a bad taste in my mouth and my grandson heard me swear for the first time. It was pretty difficult to stay composed after such a promising start but maybe there is a positive to come out of it.

If we had won comprehensively, we may have gone into next week with an inflated opinion of how we were travelling and copped a hammering from the Storm.

Hopefully, the second half made the team realise that we are a long way from top eight quality and still have a lot of work to do.

Better to learn valuable lessons and still get the two points.