OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone on here happy with this win is not a bulldogs supporter….. just mentally retarded fuckwitt
Cheering and dribbling while slapping yourself in the head trying to clap this shit show just shows you have no idea
Now I'm not gonna come on here and say you're a fuckwit . . .there is clearly no need

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okay. Everyone can take a breath again now.
1st half. Excellent.
2nd half, well.........

But let's get some perspective.
The first half of the second half was gifted back to the Rorters (send-off sympathy?)
Yeah, we had the "on 12" advantage at the time, but the overlap isn't as important if you have the ball; and at 7-1 "six-agains" and a 6-5 penalty count ,but with two of ours being "not-discretionary" (he couldn't not award the sucker punch and the leg drop - it's right there on tape), the Rorters were given same favourable "discretion".

We didn't handle the situation well (obviously) and losing Taffe, whose speed was really hurting the Rorters' backs, and forcing the reshuffle didn't help our cause at all.

The Rorters are a good enough team to be able to take that kind of leg-up, and run with it, especially against a team that is still learning to believe and has spent the best part of a decade in a losing habit.

So, from that perspective, who wouldn't happily welcome the 2 points (I'll take it over a brave loss, thanks).

We needed the points, we got them. How is of less importance.

We get to build from the 1st 40, and learn to be more resilient from the 2nd.

This is like learning from a loss, but getting 2 competition points for it.
I remeber the Roosters pulling off a similiar win a few years back with the Morris boys after they were decimated.

No doubt they're a class outfit, probably the only comforting thing about it.

Lets just hope the boys can learn from it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldnt jump to that conclusion too soon.
Watch that second again. Firstly, that change didnt happen till about midway through the second half and secondly, they didnt play that badly.

The whole momentum changed with a couple of tries from the Roosters off the back of some levelling ref decisions, goid Roosters play and some poor play from us

Moving Critta was actually a worse decision than anyone could have imagined. It weakened the defence line and offered nothing good at FB.

The roosters comeback had less to do with who was in the halves and more to do with the wrong mindset the team had in the second half, and how they handled pressure.
You're one of the biggest Burton haters on here. Surely even you can give him credit and admit he was great in the halves tonight

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything changed once taffe went off, he brings alot of energy from fullback, we needed that. Give Treacy a go at fullback next week, critta has to stay left centre. Him and kiks so dangerous on that side

Faceofdogface

New Pup
Reaction score
Ok I'm calm now. What did we learn?

Critta is not a fullback. Salmon is still ass. Mann needs to start at lock. Hutch is still ass. Sexton is not the answer.

agree. I think the reshuffle caused everyone to panic a bit. Chrighton and kiraz some errors and roosters grow into monsters.

salmon is surely on his way out of the 17.

mann is so sick. Such a calm, underrated player.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shows how fucking stupid Ciraldud is then, leaves Kiks on for 80min injured instead of utilizing his bench…
Ciraldo's selections and bench rotations are very questionable.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple really
We don't have an NRL quality 7.
Salmon would be in NSW Cup at nearly any other club.
Reed is only halve the 9 he can be when he is without a decent 7 in the side.
Patolo lacks match fitness, Faamasuali the same when he plays. Edwards is NSW Cup at most other clubs. Kautoga is still a NSW Cup player. Xerri hasn't played in 4 years and looks it. Hughes is a rookie etc
Burton is a complimentary 5/8 who is not even remotely capable of managing a side. Crighton is not a fullback. Preston injured was a massive blow as is the suspension of Morrin.
They are an outside chance next week. I just wonder what the psychological scars will be from this game even though they won.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Salmon was moved to the centres rather than wing. So Crichton played fullback rather than Tracey.
Xerri, JAC and Wilson can all take up a wing spot next week so Tracey can play fullback.
Coach just said Tracey played with a calf strain so he may not play next week. Maybe bring Papalli in next week?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That had to be the most pathetic, disgraceful win I have ever seen!!!
An inexcusable performance!
We will shamefully take the two points but the wrong team won!
So sorry Buzz, Murdich media, Politis, every other biased scribe lol

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay bro. I dont even fkn know what a straw man is lol.
A strawman argument is when you argue a different point to what you started. I expressed Critta was a waste of 800k plus for a team without a 7 or middles or even an established FB. You responded implying I didn't understand rugby league and because Critta is better than Staggs you win some how.

Great centers are a luxury once you have your spine and middles sorted.