News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo makes changes at glacial speed.

There is no way he will make unforced mass changes (or any unforced changes at all)

The alarming answer to the question CC was asked for mine. Was he would make Gus have the difficult conversation with the player getting dropped if Gus was picking the team.

It came across as the reason he doesn’t drop non performing players because he is scared to disappoint the player rather than rewarding a player not in the team that deserves to be picked.
Yes thats the point i noticed as well. He looks at it as a tough job to drop players

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m actually disappointed Ciro gave it any oxygen. He would’ve been better off to say ‘It’s not within my job description to respond to speculative nonsense’ and leave it at that - that would infuriate the scribblers.
We're possibly hoping to keep some media sources in our corner if we keep pushing against the refereeing. Going full Bennett and giving them the finger doesn't help us. I agree though. Wish they could just tell them they won't validate their bullshit with a response.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m actually disappointed Ciro gave it any oxygen. He would’ve been better off to say ‘It’s not within my job description to respond to speculative nonsense’ and leave it at that - that would infuriate the scribblers.
Tough call to make. Having chosen to respond he did pretty well with it. If the players are with him it might give them a bit of extra motivation to put in the effort for a win, get the heat off him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t know what’s worse the crap articles or the fucking idiot constantly posting them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We're possibly hoping to keep some media sources in our corner if we keep pushing against the refereeing. Going full Bennett and giving them the finger doesn't help us. I agree though. Wish they could just tell them they won't validate their bullshit with a response.
Gus always has Weidler holding the pocket :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Tough call to make. Having chosen to respond he did pretty well with it. If the players are with him it might give them a bit of extra motivation to put in the effort for a win, get the heat off him.
That’s actually one thing that came up at the function today - acknowledging the late great Folkesy - that after Coffs Harbour he backed the players unquestionably and they in turn bunkered down and that’s what several of them believe got us over the line in ‘04. So yeah, maybe some parallels there - not for a title this year obviously but for seeding that mentality.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta also listen to what he says, “we’re backing Hutchison right now” …. “Now” maybe I’m reading too much into it considering Ciro doesn’t seem like the type to have that kinda measured language

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck all these media ***** spinning dribble. Honestly all these articles were pre planned last week. If Souths lost the Demetriou drafts were all there ready to go... Whoever lost was always in for a week of shit.

Should be that **** Hasler and his soulless Titans copping the heat

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo makes changes at glacial speed.

There is no way he will make unforced mass changes (or any unforced changes at all)

The alarming answer to the question CC was asked for mine. Was he would make Gus have the difficult conversation with the player getting dropped if Gus was picking the team.

It came across as the reason he doesn’t drop non performing players because he is scared to disappoint the player rather than rewarding a player not in the team that deserves to be picked.
It's a real shame that CC doesn't mind disappointing, Sexton, Skelton or Xerri, just to name a few. but I picked up on that as well and I tend to agree with what you said in your post

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is Kent back on air and working like nothing happened? Wtf. If it was anyone else doing what he did, theyd be crucified. Further proof that life is about who you know and not what you know.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent has lifted the lid on rumours Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has been moving to take over from head coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Speaking on NRL360 on Tuesday night, Kent explained how the power dynamic could be shifting at Belmore Oval after a difficult start to the season which has left the Bulldogs languishing in 14th place on the NRL ladder.

“The Bulldogs, I know we’ve put Gould in the frame, the talk around Canterbury is that Gould has already started to move in and take over,” Kent said.

“That he’s started to pick the team around Ciraldo, that Ciraldo is losing his power there. I’ve been assured that’s not the case and that Ciraldo is getting his team right.

“But the thing about it is with Gould, we’ve only got to go back 18 months and Gould is telling everyone that Trent Barrett is going to be there long after he’s gone.

“Six weeks later Gould is still there and Barrett is gone, that’s the issue, but it’s just more gossip.”

Kent also wrote in his Daily Telegraph column that Ciraldo and Gould reportedly don’t agree on the club’s best 17 most weeks, claiming the rugby league supremo’s power is “absolute”.

“How often Gould and Ciraldo agree on selections at Canterbury approximates to zero,” Kent wrote.

“Gould’s Bulldogs team looks very different to Ciraldo’s most weeks but the coach is having his way.”

It follows a familiar pattern for Gould who was was reported to have started taking over the running of training sessions while Trent Barrett was coach. Gould later declared Barrett would be at the club long after his tenure expired, but he was ultimately sacked and shown the door only six weeks later.

The Australian’s Brent Read said Gould needs to focus on recruitment instead of picking a team he believes should run out on the park.

“I really hope that’s not the case because I think Cam Ciraldo is doing a really good job with that footy club, I had my doubts last year,” Read said on NRL360.

“But they are getting better and you can see they are getting better, Gus should focus on finding a halfback and a front rower.

“He should leave the coach alone and let him do his job.... I’d question their recruitment, and that’s Gus. Go and get a halfback, go and get a front rower.

“Fix your team up so your coach has a chance, at the moment I don’t think he’s giving Cameron much chance to win footy games.”

The Bulldogs have only won a single game this year from four appearances and face a tough assignment in the coming weeks, clashing with the Roosters and Storm.

Kent, meanwhile, highlighted the club’s desperate need for a halfback, with Drew Hutchison’s form in the No.7 coming under the microscope.

“Gould’s recruitment and the lack of a natural playmaking half, with former Roosters utility Drew Hutchison in the job, are being blamed for their shortcomings,” Kent wrote.

“It might be a case of Dogs fans and Gould haters going off too early, though.

“Last season under Ciraldo, for the first time, the Dogs won three from their first five and Bulldogs’ fans were calling for overtime shifts to pay for finals tickets.

“The Bulldogs are 1-3 this season but are clearly better than last year.”

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Win tomorrow ,week after go to Melbourne beat the storm .
Just get it in done
Rather die with possession give boys an offload licence we have already shown that we can trouble teams.
And if Toby Sexton is next in line, shouldn’t he play before our season is dead and buried.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
This issue is such a joke. I’m pretty sure that Ciraldo knows exactly what type of person Gus is. Gus is painted as the messiah and/or the pariah, depending on the time, date, need, flavour of the month of media or other power brokers in the game. Results speak for themselves and every club he’s been at has flourished during or after he has left. Maybe he ruffles feathers and maybe he has an ego, and maybe. . . he sets up systems and cultures that last. And maybe he does a job that leads to him not being needed at that establishment anymore. What better accomplishment than making yourself redundant because the place you’re at doesn’t need you anymore. If Gus reaches a point where the Dogs tell him he’s no longer needed, then he’s done his job and I’ll be sure the club is better off than when he started. Sorry, this is a long rant but my first memory was walking into Belmore Oval at half time when they used to open the gates for free in 1983. Been in love with them ever since. I’ve seen more ups and downs than most fans will know. Ask anyone around about 1989 to 1991 or the years after super league. There’s been lean times. FMD, imagine being a Dogs fan from 1943 to 1979. Let’s face it. The writing was on the wall under Des in 2014. That was a lucky year to make GF and the rebuild needed to start around then but the Dogs and Des were not focused on that and we had moved away from what made us a great club. I loved that we used to blood young blokes from the country. I loved watching young local kids coming through the grades. Despite some results lately, I’m actually loving watching this club now coz they are doing the right things to build a club, and just a shame it’s not converting in first grade yet, but hey, that’s the life of supporting an NRL team - it’s fkn hard at the top. Anyway, rant over, hope you all keep faith, trust in the process, remember our roots, and always be a bulldog. Ciraldo knew exactly what he was getting into. Gus knew it would be hard. He’s constantly talked about 2025 as the big one. He wanted CC from this year onwards. Check out Zero tackle. Look at who we’ve signed compared to who we let go. Have a look at contract lengths and who is signed on until 25 and more importantly, who is signed beyond 25. Look at the young blokes coming through who mig
ht be great but won’t be ready for a year or two. CC is a rookie coach who will be a seasoned coach by the time the first real batch of locally produced professional Bulldogs players come through in a couple of years. Basically, if we hold firm, allow the professionals to do their job, we should be bigger than the Panthers in a couple of years.
Always a Bulldogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One article makes a shit storm. Hopefully the boys use the publicity and play for their coach. But what is a very difficult game gets worse with the injuries.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another jab at our club by the germalists, they are more or less irrelevant now anyway,given the rise of independent media . . . .keep reading our forum *****, when your publication ceases to exist . . . We will still be here . . . Well, unless you can write a decent article :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: bye bye telegraph . . .