Official Gus on Twitter

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He fixed the Roosters ? U have got to be kidding me ! As soon as he left as coach they played in 4 grands in 5 years
He bought a bunch of reject utilities that clubs didn’t want
Before Gus roosters finished 2nd last .
Gus first year finished equal 8.
Under Gus 125 games 77 wins , winning % is 62%.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before Gus roosters finished 2nd last .
Gus first year finished equal 8.
Under Gus 125 games 77 wins , winning % is 62%.
Roosters bought Brad Fittler & a host of stars
In 5 years with a stacked team he never got past a preliminary final. As soon as he’s gone Mark Murray who Gus didn’t like got them to the 2000 GF.
That pissed Gus off so 18 months after getting Easts to a grand final & the 2001 semis , Gould got Politis to sack Murray for Stuart.
Phil Gould was a cancer at the Roosters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Has Burton ever taken a hard yardage direct run into forwards, he is big enough to help take pressure off forwards. I can't recall him ever doing it.
Nope, he weasled his way into dummy half quite a few times in the second half to avoid having to make any real decisions in attack though

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters bought Brad Fittler & a host of stars
In 5 years with a stacked team he never got past a preliminary final. As soon as he’s gone Mark Murray who Gus didn’t like got them to the 2000 GF.
That pissed Gus off so 18 months after getting Easts to a grand final & the 2001 semis , Gould got Politis to sack Murray for Stuart.
Phil Gould was a cancer at the Roosters.
So Gus had nothing to do with Fittler coming and politis just listened to Gus and sacked Murray, cool story bro. Without Gus Fittler was coming to the dogs.
What about the junior pathway he started cause roosters had to just buy players?
I guess nothing good came from Gus besides putting the club on the right path.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% I’m with you, but it’s only round one Penrith broncos and south’s have lost doesn’t mean there season is over.
KG those teams have recent success and runs on the board. We have no runs on the board and haven't strung 2-3 games together for years.
Nope, he weasled his way into dummy half quite a few times in the second half to avoid having to make any real decisions in attack though
Yeah seen him do that in the Cronulla trial. Odd with our style. Seen Munster do it to run and spark something around the ruck and markers. But Burto just shovelling it out.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
KG those teams have recent success and runs on the board. We have no runs on the board and haven't strung 2-3 games together for years.

Yeah seen him do that in the Cronulla trial. Odd with our style. Seen Munster do it to run and spark something around the ruck and markers. But Burto just shovelling it out.
What about dolphins then, can we give them the wooden spoon?
Cause clearly they never had success and just got flogged by cowboys.
So judging by everyone’s comments and reactions, there is no need for 2024 to precede cause we all know what going to happen.
Dragons , cowboys grandfinal
And dolphins for the spoon.

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So judging by everyone’s comments and reactions, there is no need for 2024 to precede cause we all know what going to happen.
It probably means the successful clubs fans dont need to panic after R1 but fans of teams like us and Phins etc can't feel as confident that 2024 will be successful.

We vent and get upset and after R1 some have the familiar feeling of that deep fear 2024 won't be the big year we hoped.

So in the meantime we pick apart our faults yet we hope for the best and hope we are all here to see the Dogs lift the Premiership shield once again some day soon.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It probably means the successful clubs fans dont need to panic after R1 but fans of teams like us and Phins etc can't feel as confident that 2024 will be successful.

We vent and get upset and after R1 some have the familiar feeling of that deep fear 2024 won't be the big year we hoped.

So in the meantime we pick apart our faults yet we hope for the best and hope we are all here to see the Dogs lift the Premiership shield once again some day soon.
I still believe we will have a big year, I predicted before the year started will finish 9th.
I get everyone gets angry after a lose, so do I, but you can see the boys didn’t give up and that’s a great sign.
Hopefully we click into gear and start winning.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I still believe we will have a big year, I predicted before the year started will finish 9th.
I get everyone gets angry after a lose, so do I, but you can see the boys didn’t give up and that’s a great sign.
Hopefully we click into gear and start winning.
Yes there was effort in defence there and a vast improvement.
Hope we play well against the Sharks.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's quite likely very plausible. Hate being one of these types but it's true in this case I have some friends that are quite close to Moses Mbye and his brother Matty.
They've said many times and going back years that Moses absolutely hates Rugby League and the way he gets tossed from clubs suggests as much but he's stuck it out and made some big bucks along the way. I hear it's not that uncommon
Yeah might have loved it as a kid and teen but hates the professional grind. And that’s fine hey, it’s not for everyone, there no shame, just give it to if so. I don’t know if I would have it week in week out if I was good enough until I got there

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And what he does a recruitment wonder like 09 and we still finish with no premiership then miss finals again the following seasons?

I'd rather just go for sustained success now than pissing money away and damaging the salary cap.

We've been through seven years of crap what is another 2 or 3 tough years?
Gould has done exactly that, he’s assembled a team that could in the perfect storm scrap into 8th and miss the finals the next two years? Our juniors came through and supported the 2012-15 success

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Posts like this mate look worse than some of the people who are having mental negative breakdowns. We all know that isn’t the case

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Posts like this mate look worse than some of the people who are having mental negative breakdowns. We all know that isn’t the case
But that how people are reacting, it’s round 1,
People have thrown in the towel .