Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the other two CD?
Lock Stock was a small role in a brilliant film, which led to his lead in Snatch and it went from there for him really.

Haven't seen spy - that's the one with Melissa McCarthy?

I just realised he was in Collateral. I liked that film, but don;t remember him in it...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lock Stock was a small role in a brilliant film, which led to his lead in Snatch and it went from there for him really.

Haven't seen spy - that's the one with Melissa McCarthy?

I just realised he was in Collateral. I liked that film, but don;t remember him in it...
He is superb in Spy.. If you wanna have a laugh . I think he steals every scene he’s in!

Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox? I don’t remember him either..

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to ruin it for you then - it's fantastic.
Im a fan of his but haven’t seen it yet, been in my watch list for a long time and I will get to it now.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It was only a minor role. He turned up in the airport and gave Cruises's character the replacement laptop after Jamie Foxx's character got rid of the first one.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He is superb in Spy.. If you wanna have a laugh . I think he steals every scene he’s in!

Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox? I don’t remember him either..
That's the one my main man. This scene had by far the most realistic gun-shot sounds I have ever heard in cinema.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the one my main man. This scene had by far the most realistic gun-shot sounds I have ever heard in cinema.

That’s was a great movie my brother. Here is he’s cameo..I think he’s supposed to be Frank Martin, ie the ‘Transporter’.

@CroydonDog Now seeing it, I do remember it!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Attended Fast & Furious Trivia last night at the workers club. No surprise that I won lol. I was trailing by 1 at the intermission (23-22) but ran away with it in the end when the really hard questions game on 42-39. There were 4 other teams there but they were just making up the numbers. Our team was simply me and my wife, but I answered all the questions lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
These Monarchverse Zilla/Kong movies have been pretty terrible. With exception of the first Kong one 'cause if had Samuel L Jackson.

Apparently Godzilla Minus One is brilliant. Didn't get to see it at the cinemas, but apparently it's rated as the best Godzilla movie ever made. It has no links to the Monarchverse movies though.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched beekeeper, it was about what I expected. The choreography was great and is about as complimentary I can get. Less said about everything else the better

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this.

So if anyone here has seen Fast X, you'll know there was a mid-credits scene where Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) is shown entering a theater-style room looking for Reyes. He gets a pre-recorded phone message from Reyes who is after revenge from Hobbs killing his father in the events of Fast 5.

It looks like the "Hobbs and Reyes" movie is a continuation of what happens after this mid-credits scene... however how exactly will this play out if Reyes is there at the cliffhanger to Fast X where we are waiting to see...

- What happens to Dom and Little Brian at the dam?
- What happens to Doms crew in the apparent aeroplane explosion?
- Does Jacob really die?

...and the non-Reyes cliffhangers:

- Letty and Cypher meeting Gisele?
- Shaw trying to get to his mother?

Obviously, Dom will be the one to take Reyes down, so how will the Hobbs and Reyes movie turn out exactly?

The only thing I can think of is that the Hobbs & Reyes movie takes place before the events of Fast X, however, we have been advised that this will bridge FX and F11 together.

It does my head in just thinking about it lol.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watched the new movie 'Spaceman' starring Adam Sandler it's on Netflix and I have to say it's utter shit, boring and the worst movie I have ever watched, they should have sent happy Gilmore into space that would have been better.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I finally watched Equalizer 3 it was a pretty decent watch.I absolutely love Denzel but 65 yo's kicking arse and allcomers please its time this franchise finished up tbh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched "The Creator"

It didn't do well with critics but I enjoyed it. Pretty sure the main reason critics didn't like it is because it's very anti-American. It's set in the near future in an alternate timeline where humans developed AI in the 1950s and it advanced to become effectively a sentient race living among humans.

There's an ongoing war between the Americans who hate AI driven robots, and the Asian Alliance that treats them like humans. The Americans are very much the bad guy in this. They are portrayed as a country of extreme sociopaths. Basically take what America usually does during war, and times it by 100.

There are some issue with the movie though. There's so many emotional death scenes that it starts feeling overly cliche. But other than that, enjoyable movie.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Two interesting upcoming action movies

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched "The Creator"

It didn't do well with critics but I enjoyed it. Pretty sure the main reason critics didn't like it is because it's very anti-American. It's set in the near future in an alternate timeline where humans developed AI in the 1950s and it advanced to become effectively a sentient race living among humans.

There's an ongoing war between the Americans who hate AI driven robots, and the Asian Alliance that treats them like humans. The Americans are very much the bad guy in this. They are portrayed as a country of extreme sociopaths. Basically take what America usually does during war, and times it by 100.

There are some issue with the movie though. There's so many emotional death scenes that it starts feeling overly cliche. But other than that, enjoyable movie.
Asians still commit genocides today and have a long list in the past so I’m not sure how they got those two sides mixed up .