News Player who walked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really don't get it, do you? Criticising performance is completely different to personal and targeted abuse. Just reported like three of your comments. Hope you get a long holiday this time.
Correct @Flanagun

This is a discussion forum. We can talk about performances and direction of the club. We can disagree or agree.

Mental Health is serious and until you lose someone due to this people just won't understand. It's not a matter of hardening up. I may not agree with people's football opinions I will not name call someone and haven't done so.

I will repeat what I have said. We have only heard one side of the story so far. The alleged player hasn't had his day in court and his day to speak. The name of the player is not even meant to be mentioned enough leaks have come out to ensure he's been named and vilified. The only thing we have heard from within the alleged players camp was that he arrived to training early and he didn't require strapping so he didn't need to be part of the 8am crew. The alleged player needs and deserves to have his day in court and it appears to be heading that way. There's always another side to the story as we saw in Paul Kent's smashing victory in the courts.

As for Reed Mahoney. He never mentioned mental health and no case for mental health. He was never on mental health leave. He said he had doubts and had thoughts of regret making the decision to leave. I didn't think he should have been signed at the expense of flicking Jeremy Marshall-King. I didn't think he should have been captain. Actually wasn't the smartest thing to say what he said. Kind of gave a bit of truth to Tevita Pangai-Jnr saying there was no brotherhood and no connection when we were out winning the pre-season hype premiership. Mahoney has now said it, he's owned and he needs to make sure there are no regrets coming to us. By saying JMK is a better player or Mahoney shouldn't have been made captain is not a personal attack, not abuse and not even criticism. It's a viewpoint.

Someone said something about the board. I actually think we have some very good and capable directors. Our actual directors are not an issue. If someone else wasn't a fan of the current board doesn't mean I'm not a fan of them. I actually am. There's a few really good ones in that boardroom. I do predict Adam Druissi will be our next leader whether that's in a year, two years, five years, he will eventually lead our club and it will be a move in the right direction.

I don't like a lot of directions and decisions the club makes. I believe we have lost a lot of our soul and identity. We have become an absolute transit lounge. A club is made up on many different fabrics. You need to have players who are just clubmen. We have cut a lot of that out. You don't need to blow up a squad and transit lounge in another new squad. 3-4 smart signings turns an entire club around as it showed with Broncos. Most of the signings we made for 2024 won't be here in 2026. I don't see logic to them. We ignored some of our key weaknesses one of them being leadership.

We can boast about winning lower tier competitions. Winning or losing them actually means squat. We have had a lot of talented juniors they don't make the step up to the highest grade. A big issue is NRL coaching and NRL development. We signed and boasted about two pathways players recently both no longer at the club Michael Gabreal and Zac Montgomery. Doesn't matter what people think of them they were classed as players of the future when they signed with the club.

For those criticising the playing ability of this alleged player and wanting him cut from the club. Ask questions to the person who re signed him for 2yrs in September 2022. Most of the people cheered his re signing. Most people loved having a high energy and passionate person around the club. If there were doubts on his ability or his size he should have been signed to a 1yr deal.

We are still making a lot of mistakes with signings as a lot of players aren't seeing out their contracts. Many players signed for the 2022-23 seasons have already left the club. People will turn around and say lets clean out the deadwood and all that. For every player that leaves before their contract expires we are paying some portions of it elsewhere. The only exception is TPJ.

I don't like the fact our club is a one-man operation and one person is completely unaccountable.

Just on Phil Gould. He was a great coach in the 1990's he had genuine star power and used both State of Origin and the Super League War to his absolute advantage. He was able to get the best of the best to play under him at the Roosters. His time as a week to week coach was up in 1999. Steve Folkes out coached and out planned him big time in a Semi Final. He owned the State of Origin arena that time has since passed when the NSWRL didn't accept Brad Fittler's offer of Gould as an Advisor. Gould has many strengths. He has many weaknesses as well. Allowing one person complete control can only lead to disaster.

Ray Dib lost his job after 2017 season because he made a string of mistakes including one where Des Hasler apparently had full control. Hasler for all his flaws at least got the club to the semi finals 5yrs in a row. Dib sacked Hasler it was too late. Getting rid of James Graham sealed Dib's fate. This is why I don't think one person should have all control and not be accountable. Gould still has presence and awe in the junior grades. The NRL is a different beast and the NRL that Gould loves is a different NRL today. The concussion laws are only going to get stricter and tougher. We have different generations of players in the game today.

Our club is now structured where if it all goes well the credit only goes to one person. If it goes bad all blame and deflection goes elsewhere.

No one should be abused or attacked personally.

I hope we make the Top 8. I hope our club regains its old identity. I just don't like a lot of decisions and I saw all these decisions made before the 2022 and 2023 seasons. What makes 2024 different?

I think we need to allow the alleged player to have his day in court and allow his side of the story to come out. Once it's all out in the open and it's all been settled or a verdict has come down we can make assessment.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not anti-ciraldo nor am I anti-gus

Reckon Gus has done wonders for our juniors and pathways.

But he sure does deserve criticism (at the moment) for ciraldo. Taking 17 bloody rounds to finally drop perham from fullback is a major concern about ciraldos identification of talent.

The jury is out on ciraldo, he hasn't proven shit yet.

Simply stating that neither of them have been a success for 1st grade is not anti-gus nor anti-ciraldo

Flanagun is well within his right to raise his concerns
CC has this year to prove himself, you can’t go of last year as we had a run with injuries.
Perham at fullback was a big mistake but we don’t know why CC did it.
Maybe we didn’t have the players to cover fullback , centre wing at the time.
I’ve been saying for a while now let’s give 2024 a shot before starting to lay the boot in.
I’m pretty sure by round 5 will know who needs to go.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Correct @Flanagun

This is a discussion forum. We can talk about performances and direction of the club. We can disagree or agree.

Mental Health is serious and until you lose someone due to this people just won't understand. It's not a matter of hardening up. I may not agree with people's football opinions I will not name call someone and haven't done so.

I will repeat what I have said. We have only heard one side of the story so far. The alleged player hasn't had his day in court and his day to speak. The name of the player is not even meant to be mentioned enough leaks have come out to ensure he's been named and vilified. The only thing we have heard from within the alleged players camp was that he arrived to training early and he didn't require strapping so he didn't need to be part of the 8am crew. The alleged player needs and deserves to have his day in court and it appears to be heading that way. There's always another side to the story as we saw in Paul Kent's smashing victory in the courts.

As for Reed Mahoney. He never mentioned mental health and no case for mental health. He was never on mental health leave. He said he had doubts and had thoughts of regret making the decision to leave. I didn't think he should have been signed at the expense of flicking Jeremy Marshall-King. I didn't think he should have been captain. Actually wasn't the smartest thing to say what he said. Kind of gave a bit of truth to Tevita Pangai-Jnr saying there was no brotherhood and no connection when we were out winning the pre-season hype premiership. Mahoney has now said it, he's owned and he needs to make sure there are no regrets coming to us. By saying JMK is a better player or Mahoney shouldn't have been made captain is not a personal attack, not abuse and not even criticism. It's a viewpoint.

Someone said something about the board. I actually think we have some very good and capable directors. Our actual directors are not an issue. If someone else wasn't a fan of the current board doesn't mean I'm not a fan of them. I actually am. There's a few really good ones in that boardroom. I do predict Adam Druissi will be our next leader whether that's in a year, two years, five years, he will eventually lead our club and it will be a move in the right direction.

I don't like a lot of directions and decisions the club makes. I believe we have lost a lot of our soul and identity. We have become an absolute transit lounge. A club is made up on many different fabrics. You need to have players who are just clubmen. We have cut a lot of that out. You don't need to blow up a squad and transit lounge in another new squad. 3-4 smart signings turns an entire club around as it showed with Broncos. Most of the signings we made for 2024 won't be here in 2026. I don't see logic to them. We ignored some of our key weaknesses one of them being leadership.

We can boast about winning lower tier competitions. Winning or losing them actually means squat. We have had a lot of talented juniors they don't make the step up to the highest grade. A big issue is NRL coaching and NRL development. We signed and boasted about two pathways players recently both no longer at the club Michael Gabreal and Zac Montgomery. Doesn't matter what people think of them they were classed as players of the future when they signed with the club.

For those criticising the playing ability of this alleged player and wanting him cut from the club. Ask questions to the person who re signed him for 2yrs in September 2022. Most of the people cheered his re signing. Most people loved having a high energy and passionate person around the club. If there were doubts on his ability or his size he should have been signed to a 1yr deal.

We are still making a lot of mistakes with signings as a lot of players aren't seeing out their contracts. Many players signed for the 2022-23 seasons have already left the club. People will turn around and say lets clean out the deadwood and all that. For every player that leaves before their contract expires we are paying some portions of it elsewhere. The only exception is TPJ.

I don't like the fact our club is a one-man operation and one person is completely unaccountable.

Just on Phil Gould. He was a great coach in the 1990's he had genuine star power and used both State of Origin and the Super League War to his absolute advantage. He was able to get the best of the best to play under him at the Roosters. His time as a week to week coach was up in 1999. Steve Folkes out coached and out planned him big time in a Semi Final. He owned the State of Origin arena that time has since passed when the NSWRL didn't accept Brad Fittler's offer of Gould as an Advisor. Gould has many strengths. He has many weaknesses as well. Allowing one person complete control can only lead to disaster.

Ray Dib lost his job after 2017 season because he made a string of mistakes including one where Des Hasler apparently had full control. Hasler for all his flaws at least got the club to the semi finals 5yrs in a row. Dib sacked Hasler it was too late. Getting rid of James Graham sealed Dib's fate. This is why I don't think one person should have all control and not be accountable. Gould still has presence and awe in the junior grades. The NRL is a different beast and the NRL that Gould loves is a different NRL today. The concussion laws are only going to get stricter and tougher. We have different generations of players in the game today.

Our club is now structured where if it all goes well the credit only goes to one person. If it goes bad all blame and deflection goes elsewhere.

I hope we make the Top 8. I hope our club regains its old identity. I just don't like a lot of decisions and I saw all these decisions made before the 2022 and 2023 seasons. What makes 2024 different?

I think we need to allow the alleged player to have his day in court and allow his side of the story to come out. Once it's all out in the open and it's all been settled or a verdict has come down we can make assessment.
Rinse repeat and recycle

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CC has this year to prove himself, you can’t go of last year as we had a run with injuries.
Perham at fullback was a big mistake but we don’t know why CC did it.
Maybe we didn’t have the players to cover fullback , centre wing at the time.
I’ve been saying for a while now let’s give 2024 a shot before starting to lay the boot in.
I’m pretty sure by round 5 will know who needs to go.
Jury is out mate, I'm certainly not saying sack him and I certainly understand the massive job for any coach or head of football for our club. I've been a member for 10+ years and each season went to our home games and watched us get spanked by every side in the comp. Fuck I remember sitting at Olympic Park and Penrith were beating us 36-0 (or something) at half time and I just couldn't take it and it was the first game where I left at half time

There's a massive job in getting us back and so both ciraldo and Gus deserve time and PATIENCE to try and fix it.

But at the same time I can understand the frustrations of some of our fans in the large amounts of chopping and changing of our squad , that it does have a feeling of deja vu to previous admins

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jury is out mate, I'm certainly not saying sack him and I certainly understand the massive job for any coach or head of football for our club. I've been a member for 10+ years and each season went to our home games and watched us get spanked by every side in the comp. Fuck I remember sitting at Olympic Park and Penrith were beating us 36-0 (or something) at half time and I just couldn't take it and it was the first game where I left at half time

There's a massive job in getting us back and so both ciraldo and Gus deserve time and PATIENCE to try and fix it.

But at the same time I can understand the frustrations of some of our fans in the large amounts of chopping and changing of our squad , that it does have a feeling of deja vu to previous admins
Well said - they have nt been losing because of the chopping n changing - they have had to keep changing in search of better - in search of a competitive, squad building to a dominating squad. I still think credit is due for the work with pathways but the lack of fg ready middles is a disappointment - hopefully im proven wrong.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said - they have nt been losing because of the chopping n changing - they have had to keep changing in search of better - in search of a competitive, squad building to a dominating squad. I still think credit is due for the work with pathways but the lack of fg ready middles is a disappointment - hopefully im proven wrong.
And I think everyone has to remember these key things about the NRL

1. There's a salary cap
2. There's a limited amount of top talent in each position that every club is vying for (e.g tigers are paying overs because they're in the same boat as us)

So it's damn hard to have a competitive squad, especially when you're coming off a 7 year rut like us.

Juniors and pathways have to be in place to beat the salary cap and that whole blame lies at the feet of hasler and Dib. They destroyed that

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's not. And kindly point out one instance of me criticising either Gus or Ciraldo on this thread. Literally all I have said is people should refrain from abusing Topine until when they don't know the details of what is going on behind the scenes.
Contrary to what you may think there are members of the kennel who do know people at the club, who do actually know what happened. You suggesting you know - without any fact or credibility means nothing. You seem tone of the opinion people are waiting on you to tell them something - they’re not.

You clowns suggested RFM had the club over a barrel. Nothing
Flipper aka boss clown stayed he had the sms. Nothing
Your fallback now is ‘there’s more to this’. Really?

Prove your sources and information and you may at some point be taken half seriously. All of the above has been said several times across threads but you keep doing you. We know you love to see how many pages you can get in a thread. Trolls don’t change.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I agree 100% hopefully this year will start turning things around and be a threat to the competition.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I think everyone has to remember these key things about the NRL

1. There's a salary cap
2. There's a limited amount of top talent in each position that every club is vying for (e.g tigers are paying overs because they're in the same boat as us)

So it's damn hard to have a competitive squad, especially when you're coming off a 7 year rut like us.

Juniors and pathways have to be in place to beat the salary cap and that whole blame lies at the feet of hasler and Dib. They destroyed that
I dont know the reasons for not being able to get middles - dont know who, if anyone is at fault - could just be circumstance - who knows guys like Hughes n Patolo might just step up - hard to judge them as they have had very little footy over te last 4 years - lockdown years n then ongoing injuries.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Correct @Flanagun
As for Reed Mahoney. He never mentioned mental health and no case for mental health. He was never on mental health leave.
So by your logic, if someone says they think they have taken too much on their shoulders, are questioning their decisions, are greatful for those around for their support… to you that isn’t in any way a sign of a person mentally struggling, purely because they haven’t applied for mental health leave?…. Jesus fuck, you are being serious?… do you think maybe JT say, six months ago, could have said to someone he was starting to struggle a little… and your logic would be to just call him weak and immature, because he hasn’t formally put in a mental health leave application?… yeah, good advice Polly, just wait for things to turn completely shit before taking any consideration, that’s just fuckin fantastic.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know the reasons for not being able to get middles - dont know who, if anyone is at fault - could just be circumstance - who knows guys like Hughes n Patolo might just step up - hard to judge them as they have had very little footy over te last 4 years - lockdown years n then ongoing injuries.
We are light up front, but at the same time hopefully everyone steps up, as 2025 there is a shit load of forwards up for grabs.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could simply be a case of Gus not willing to pay overs to unbalance our salary cap and us not being an attractive proposition to middles.

Davey, Knight, preston, sutton, Curran etc jumped at the chance to come to us for 1st grade opportunities

The established props, don't want a bar of us at the moment simply because there's too much work for them if they do come

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct @Flanagun

FMD…I have RSI of the index finger from all the scrolling I needed to do to actually get past this Mills and Boon epic..

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FMD…I have RSI of the index finger from all the scrolling to actually get past this Mills and Boon epic..
It’s a great tactic by those unable to form logical and consistent arguements…. best instead to scattergun 10 half-baked arguments and hope the topic moves on

Status
Not open for further replies.