Membership 2024

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
well with the new restaurants apparently at Accor now would give me better options lol
Yeah the SCG (I’m also a member there) improved a lot with similar initiatives so hopefully the same happens with Accor. It won’t be cheap but at least there’ll be options beyond soggy and fried goodness :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait for the season to start,
Hopefully people will start to see the wider picture by then, including the Clowns Crew :laughing:
You have more hope than I do and I’m not talking about football :-).

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a warning to all

keep this thread on topic.

I haven’t even renewed yet just about to do it since I got back from holidays but I found it weird that renewing mine from last year was $70 cheaper than someone who signs up as a new member (the kennel membership)
Good call boss. Noting that myself and @Polly Power have remained on topic in here at all times so hopefully we have been cleared of wrong doing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No Polly…
TPJ and Gould were announced the same week.
Sure, you’ll speculate Gould signed him to suit the rinse and repeat narrative but TPJ was recruited by Barrett and Sharp. Try again. #ClownCrew :-).
You have the patience of a saint to keep responding to these fools, my friend.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good call boss. Noting that myself and @Polly Power have remained on topic in here at all times so hopefully we have been cleared of wrong doing
Onya Flipper. This is a membership thread and you and @Polly Power rabbit on about recruitment. Might be time for another ‘self imposed stand down’ :tearsofjoy:.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I seriously can’t believe they have excluded trial games from memberships this year.

Both trial games require buying tickets. Selling for $40-$50 per adult. Highway robbery!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously can’t believe they have excluded trial games from memberships this year.

Both trial games require buying tickets. Selling for $40-$50 per adult. Highway robbery!
Think that’s the NRL’s way of cashing in - no longer called trials but the ‘pre-season challenge’. I doubt there’s much any club can do about that either as memberships of each club are also NRL sanctioned.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah trial game being 100$ for family seems crazy but anywho it’s the nrl who dictates that anyways

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah trial game being 100$ for family seems crazy but anywho it’s the nrl who dictates that anyways
For sure - they’re taking advantage of footy starved fans. Years ago many fans didn’t even pay attention to trials but last year vs the Tigtanic (conveniently scheduled after the AGM) Belmore was packed, so the NRL sniffs out the dough. Not surprising really.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For sure - they’re taking advantage of footy starved fans. Years ago many fans didn’t even pay attention to trials but last year vs the Tigtanic (conveniently scheduled after the AGM) Belmore was packed, so the NRL sniffs out the dough. Not surprising really.
I have another, with the Magic Round, Vegas (for 2 teams) and taking games to the regions the average NRL patron is missing out on 2/3/4 home games per season. By going to a trial we can at least get one of those "lost" games back, in our case 2 games. Plus players go missing for SOO and Internationals and trials are a away to catch up with one's favourite player. Hardly a shock that trials are popular.

Always a Bulldog

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least one positive that quite a few of our Reserves games etc. are same day/same venue as NRL. Living up the coast is frustrating when games are not like that. Basically we go and then return home same day, so the next day or day before not really convenient. I miss the days of three grades on the one day.

NRL really know how to rake in the dollars so charging so much for simple trial matches (oops sorry pre season challenge matches) is not a surprise.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got off my arse to order my merch.

$25 for postage is a bloody scam.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got off my arse to order my merch.

$25 for postage is a bloody scam.
I literally don’t understand how they calculate $25 postage lol. You can get express for like $12-15 max

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got my duffle bag and mug today