The Bulldogs Round 1 team as selected by The Kennel

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks to all those that voted & participated in the discussions. This was the team that we as a whole selected:

01. Connor Tracey
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Bronson Xerri
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton (k)
07. Toby Sexton
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney (c)
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Harrison Edwards
17. Samuel Hughes

18. Blake Taaffe
2 x starting Middles short..
King and Knight are bench middles at best.. our pack will be going backwards all year unless we sign TWO NRL level Middles...
also not sure why the love for Sex-Bomb.. They should have open competition for the 7 jumper.. also Burto is not a 6.. Too quiet and doesn't consistently take ownership of games... My Round 1 backline would be:
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Critta
4. Burton
5. Foxx
6. Taffe
7. Hutcho/Toby/BBO (underrated and is a star in the making if injury free)

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cannot see bronson Xeri making the round 1 team. I think cc will want to see how he goes in cup first.
spoke to CC and can tell yoy he said he is has a very strong chance he will start round one. Told me he couldn’t find any reasons not for him to play.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cannot see bronson Xeri making the round 1 team. I think cc will want to see how he goes in cup first.
Think he would be fine on the ball it’s just of the ball has to adapt to the game again.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the era of set restarts, I don't think so.

Always a Bulldog
Lol, it would help our 2004 team even more. Asotasi & SBW off the bench would wreck this team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
SBW wouldn't last 5 minutes, one shoulder charge and he would off the for the rest of the game.

Always a Bulldog
Now you're making crazy reasons to not back up your statement.

Our 2004 forward pack would destroy this forward pack. Sherwin would then have a field day.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Now you're making crazy reasons to not back up your statement.

Our 2004 forward pack would destroy this forward pack. Sherwin would then have a field day.
I don't know how long Sherwin would last with set restarts, never the fittest player.

JAC would run rings around Lolesi.

We can go on all day if you like.

Always a Bulldog

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't know how long Sherwin would last with set restarts, never the fittest player.

JAC would run rings around Lolesi.

We can go on all day if you like.

Always a Bulldog
Someone forgot to take their medicine today...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can send someone around if you want.

Always a Bulldog
You're seriously responding like a moron today. That was a I know you are but what am I line. I don't know if you're actually this stupid or just in a trolling mood but I'm out. Have a good day.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all those that voted & participated in the discussions. This was the team that we as a whole selected:

01. Connor Tracey
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Bronson Xerri
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton (k)
07. Toby Sexton
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney (c)
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Harrison Edwards
17. Samuel Hughes

18. Blake Taaffe
I don’t think I did any selecting, but this is probably how my best 17 would look.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this side, and it's probably the best side we have at full strength. I would only swap Salmon or Mann for Kurt Morrin. No point in having two utilities on the bench when Morrin can middle and has quick the play the balls and leg drive. He can also cover hooker if needed.
I forgot about Morrin, good call. I think at this stage, Salmon is stronger than Edwards so I would have him drop out. It’s a good sign when you can’t fit all the players you want in. This is mainly referring to our backs. You could make a case for Wilson, Skelton and Taaffe, but in reality none of them are definitely first grade level. They still have to prove it, except for Taaffe, he’s proven.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was an option. Wilson could have been an option, anyway, from all reports Xerri is killing it, let’s see how he fairs in the trials
Averillo was a good option, but Ciro thought he was better utilised at centre, and he was very good in several games there. It’s easy in hindsight to criticise the decision, but I can understand why he picked Perham at fb. He had the talk and was pretty good positionally, but in the end his averageness shone through. Who kniws if Wilson would have been better too? He’s still an unknown quantity.

At least we have several options for fullback now. Tracey, Critta and Taaffe are all good enough to play there. Possibly Wilson and others, Perham if desperate lol. At least Ciro has options.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Among other issues the pack is 100% cooked. Absolutely no punch in the middle we really need to shift kiks to the middle to try get some ROI on him and find some punch in the middle
I don’t think you know what you are talking about. His defence would not be up to it.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney