Opinion Pre Season Training

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For sure but it doesn't happen like that, you have to earn fairness in the NRL.
It shouldn't be that way. If it is you have entrenched bias for succeeding teams. Rules are no longer black and white. So where grey area exists we (as in the whole NRL fan base) can't afford bias. Either go back to black and white rules or get referees that aren't biased. I can't find a way to believe that these grey areas weren't introduced to allow refs to influence the outcome as if some higher power is giving blessing to their continuous bias and screw ups. I personally think it's gambling agencies that have influenced the move from clear cut rules to grey areas so outcomes can be manipulated.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that way. If it is you have entrenched bias for succeeding teams. Rules are no longer black and white. So where grey area exists we (as in the whole NRL fan base) can't afford bias. Either go back to black and white rules or get referees that aren't biased. I can't find a way to believe that these grey areas weren't introduced to allow refs to influence the outcome as if some higher power is giving blessing to their continuous bias and screw ups. I personally think it's gambling agencies that have influenced the move from clear cut rules to grey areas so outcomes can be manipulated.
Agree, rules should be black and white regardless of the the teams playing, could gambling be contributing to that..sure it could but even without that the refs have bias and bias is like conflict of interest. Refs need to be in the middle and not leaning either way but they do, look at cummins with us.

The refs have cost us games more than I can count, look at the warriors match this year - could have potential effected their chances and where we ended up on the table.

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Any feedback or photos/videos from the session today???? Thanks

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus mentioned they’ll be out there training this Saturday, maybe you could duck out and personally watch how the players are going, you might get a different perspective than just what you’ve seen on TV from your couch.

Players can improve, different club, different players around them, different environment trust and coaching …

@KLil is making comments on what he’s actually watching and seeing … not what he just thinks ..
Obviously stating so and so is training at a position of observable but outside of that It’s still an opinion, he has zero verifiable skills that we have to take as fact, to a non trained eye any training looks tough. I am a nationally accredited exercise physiologist with a masters in sports rehabilitation and musculoskeletal kinesiology. I was on a train on squad for SG Ball reserves before I popped my ACL. If I watched the training I could give a report that would be an accurate judgement of said training. @TheSexDogs could be just as right as old mate but only professionals can give a true opinion and not the muppets who know a “source”. Leave the sex dog alone.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s still an opinion, he has zero verifiable skills that we have to take as fact, to a non trained eye any training looks tough. I am a nationally accredited exercise physiologist with a masters in sports rehabilitation and musculoskeletal kinesiology. If I watched the training I could give a report that would be an accurate judgement of said training.
Well come on then, off you go. I look forward to hearing your accurately judged opinion.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well come on then, off you go. I look forward to hearing your accurately judged opinion.
I haven’t been to training as it’s during my work day and I live a considerable distance away Nosey. Happy to read your untrained opinion though and clean up your mistakes. Tag me when you are done, I won’t charge for my time

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is the single worst thing that has happened in my 40 plus years watching the game.

The obsession with making the game faster and faster has ruined a lot of what the game has always been.

It was a captains call decision to bring in the rule in the first place. So whilst ever V'landys is in charge. He is blind to the negative impact this rule has on the game. Not to mention opening the referee’s integrity. With seemingly no accountability on six again calls.
G'day everyone, first post - pls be gentle...I could talk about this type of stuff all week. Starting with that bloody bell. Its like a message from above - Thou shall reset! No Question! I also dont like the word 'interpretation' Seems like refs doing more 'interpretating' instead of 'officiating'.

I'm enjoying the training updates and chat...cheers!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Boys are out there now if anyone wats to have a geez.
You're our sideline eye . . . All observations will be appreciated. I would love to know what's happening with the 1 and 6 positions

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taafe and crighton trained at fullback

sexton and Hutchinson trained at 7

burton trained at 6

Perham trained at wing
Skelton trained on wing
Xerri was inside Skelton

ado Carr is so unfit
Mariner and Sutton did not train
Neither did Karl
Tracey trained alone
Was sprinting down sideline in a straight line

Turpin pretty fit

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Taste and crighton trained at fullback

sexton and Hutchinson trained at 7

burton trained at 6

Perham trained at wing
Skelton trained on wing
Xerri was inside Skelton

ado Carr is so unfit
Mariner and Sutton did not train
Neither did Karl
Tracey trained alone
Was sprinting down sideline in a straight line

Turpin pretty fit
Burton @ 6, what a L for us. Fox unfit, lol typical. Been unfit his entire time with us.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Burton @ 6, what a L for us. Fox unfit, lol typical. Been unfit his entire time with us.
That’s odd about fox, it’s a big year for him. He can negotiate for 26 at the end of this year so it’s essentially a contract year. You would think he would want at least one more decent contract. Also there is a blues spot dangling. It’s his if he wants it bad enough but he needs to do a fair bit to earn it back.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fox could've been injured so I wont hold that against him right now. The more concerning thing is that Burton only trained at 6 & that no other player trained there.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Obviously someone else trained there becauze they opposed eachother

O’Neil I think was the other.
Don't they train main team vs backups? or is it mixed.