Opinion Pre Season Training

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is the single worst thing that has happened in my 40 plus years watching the game.

The obsession with making the game faster and faster has ruined a lot of what the game has always been.

It was a captains call decision to bring in the rule in the first place. So whilst ever V'landys is in charge. He is blind to the negative impact this rule has on the game. Not to mention opening the referee’s integrity. With seemingly no accountability on six again calls.
I thought it was a recommendation from Wayne Pearce when he had that technical advisory role, he may still be in that position. I'm not sure on all I mentioned, just speculating off memory. He may have recommended other things too.

I wasn't for or against 2 referees but they eventually got rid of that, so there's only hope for now that the NRL will wake up.

The best matches in sport are generally where the referees let the game play on, be less pedantic, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Six again besides it's other consequences like potential blowouts, it allows for subjective calls that pretty much remove accountability for the referee, that is, it potentially allows the referee to manipulate the game. I'm not saying football is rigged, but it opens a can of worms for corruption. Whether the NRL wants this or not, keep in mind its biggest sponsors, an obvious flaw shouldn't be this obvious to us spectators. We'd lose trust in the system, gambling money for example. It's that obvious of a potential flaw that if the NRL doesn't remove six agains it's nearly admitting to potentially being able to manipulate a match. It needs media pressure, I'm not in the capacity to do anything about it.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
View attachment 100188

He doesn't look like Wilson! Lol
Surely they are planing on playing him on the middle. Otherwise can’t see how go makes our cup side seeing as we have players like Hayze, skelton even Harry Hayes and Clark there. Fuck we are just ridiculously stacked for centres. What is our relationship with the Clydesdales. Could we send players there week to week if they don’t make cup instead of playing Ron Massey?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Image1705051562.650782.jpg

I actually think that might be him there lol

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Skelly is still Skelly tbh... Probably fallen behind Wilso and Xerri now in the pecking order.
Really appreciate your updates on training :hearteyes:

Why has Skelton fallen behind in the pecking order?

He's not putting in at training, lack of improvement?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was a recommendation from Wayne Pearce when he had that technical advisory role, he may still be in that position. I'm not sure on all I mentioned, just speculating off memory. He may have recommended other things too.

I wasn't for or against 2 referees but they eventually got rid of that, so there's only hope for now that the NRL will wake up.

The best matches in sport are generally where the referees let the game play on, be less pedantic, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Six again besides it's other consequences like potential blowouts, it allows for subjective calls that pretty much remove accountability for the referee, that is, it potentially allows the referee to manipulate the game. I'm not saying football is rigged, but it opens a can of worms for corruption. Whether the NRL wants this or not, keep in mind its biggest sponsors, an obvious flaw shouldn't be this obvious to us spectators. We'd lose trust in the system, gambling money for example. It's that obvious of a potential flaw that if the NRL doesn't remove six agains it's nearly admitting to potentially being able to manipulate a match. It needs media pressure, I'm not in the capacity to do anything about it.
I absolutely 100% agree with this!! Been saying it for years.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus, the way Annesley justifies poor calls just shows that the NRL are poorly hiding their corruption. Unfortunately, getting the match day officials to ref us fairly is the last obstacle in our rebuild.
You earn it by winning, just look at the clubs at the top who get the rub of the green most of the time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thats because ol mate who did the videos has left us.
Not sure if anyone replaced him or not.
Arthur Meredith. Yeah he’s gone back to the world of freelance production. Don’t know re: replacement.