Opinion Pre Season Training

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hustle baby. We need workers and heart.. Mann will bust his ass every weak and as a weak/undersized pack he can play above his size and help us as more of threat in attack as he's a good ball runner.. I think a combination of Curran and Mann at lock will be better than people think.
He hasn't been good for years, ran over 100m only twice last season and that was playing behind the Saifiti brothers and Thompson. I don't see the vision.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He hasn't been good for years, ran over 100m only twice last season and that was playing behind the Saifiti brothers and Thompson. I don't see the vision.
He was busted last year though.. Previous years he good. One of their best every week. Injuries are key with him. If he's healthy then he'll contribute.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How many minutes did he play in the games? You and I both know Meters per Games is useless without knowing the Game Minutes.

Don't bother, he played on average 40.8 minutes per game, that's equivalent to 130 metres in 80 minutes. And playing "behind the Saifiti brothers and Thompson" means he didn't have to make metres, his role was otherwise.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was busted last year though.. Previous years he good. One of their best every week. Injuries are key with him. If he's healthy then he'll contribute.
He's busted every year...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do the coloured bibs indicate?
Red= Firsts
Green= Bench/Reserves?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many minutes did he play in the games? You and I both know Meters per Games is useless without knowing the Game Minutes.

Don't bother, he played on average 40.8 minutes per game, that's equivalent to 130 metres in 80 minutes. And playing "behind the Saifiti brothers and Thompson" means he didn't have to make metres, his role was otherwise.

Always a Bulldog
Great point - also now wingers and centres are getting the metres that middles would previously be required to make. Tackle counts are the same - how many firsts shoulder in/player stopping tackles and how many third player in, missed tackled counts - some players rarely/never miss tackles because of being out of position, others high mi stackle count due to the "lazsiness"n decisions of those next to them in defensive line

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't place the same emphasis as I used to on for and against since the six again rule kicked in. It just blows out score lines like crazy, because even the fittest of teams get exhausted when hammered with set restarts.

Since when have we seen 74 to 0 like the Cowboys v Tigers score line last season? I can answer that, it's in fact the highest score blow out since 1935, and it's hardly the only one, we copped a couple. In general if you look at the games or the play by plays there's strong indicator of a score blow out when one team cops a number of repetitive set restarts early in the game. For example in the Parramatta game we copped 4 set restarts in the 1st 20 mins, any wonder we ran out of petrol.

Always a Bulldog
The six again is an atrocious rule but while it's here we have to deal with it.

It brings so much negativity in different ways, I even emailed the NRL about it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The six again is an atrocious rule but while it's here we have to deal with it.

It brings so much negativity in different ways, I even emailed the NRL about it.
It is the single worst thing that has happened in my 40 plus years watching the game.

The obsession with making the game faster and faster has ruined a lot of what the game has always been.

It was a captains call decision to bring in the rule in the first place. So whilst ever V'landys is in charge. He is blind to the negative impact this rule has on the game. Not to mention opening the referee’s integrity. With seemingly no accountability on six again calls.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You make a good point, but it doesn’t change the fact that new club, new team, new opportunity, that players can massively improve .. getting out their and watching them might change your perspective on a few players you think aren’t that good .. you might find that you are harsh on some players that have really matured & stepped up their game …
He might, but he would never admit it out loud.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haven’t seen the Clydesdales centre anywhere.

Guessing the deal fell through?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because you don't want to see it. He covers every position on the field, most of them without any further juggling. Combine that with 178 games of experience and it becomes pretty evident that's a better option than Rajab or BBO at 14.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because you don't want to see it. He covers every position on the field, most of them without any further juggling. Combine that with 178 games of experience and it becomes pretty evident that's a better option than Rajab or BBO at 14.
Wow, we're so lucky to have signed him. Can't believe we beat 16 other clubs to him.