Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Critta…but if I had to pick one from left field, I’m going to say Tracey, if he can replicate his 250m+ runs he was churning out for the Sharks and can inspire teammates with his fearless kamikaze runs, could be the spark from the back we need.
I think he could be a great buy as well

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Critta. He is a gun and will bring a different level of confidence. I think King is the most crucial to our success though. He needs to build upon his 22 form and lay a platform for us to compete.
Well now he is getting his end away hopefully he will regain that form

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's more the players we've let go that will have an impact. Players like Waddell, Flanagan and Okonbor have been replaced with much better and hungrier players which should lead to good competition for spots and everyone playing a bit harder for us.
If youre looking at just external players coming in then Crichton without a doubt will have the most impact
Please do tell which like for like replacement we have brought in that is better than our best player of last year?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please do tell which like for like replacement we have brought in that is better than our best player of last year?
Mate this bait is very dated
Salmon > Waddell
Hutchinson eats Flanagan
Xerri or any of the other backs brought in > Okonbor
Okonbors only redeeming feature was he would do what they wanted for training.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Salmon > Waddell
Hutchinson eats Flanagan
Salmon over Waddell.... that will do me lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Salmons lifted the premiership trophy. Waddell's crowning achievement was getting a contract without Trent Barrett's involvement lol
Yep... Jaemon was really a key figure in that premiership campaign lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Salmon > Waddell
Hutchinson eats Flanagan
We don’t need a replacement for Jacob Preston.
He’s still at Belmore :-).

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... Jaemon was really a key figure in that premiership campaign lol
Not every player in the team needs to be a “key player” … every squad has their hard workers that just get stuck in and do their job around the so called key players when called on, Salmon has consistently done what was required of him by the coach for that team, he may not have been a key player, but he consistently played well and was a cog in the machine that helped their 3peat.

Waddell has not done the job his coach asked for during the years he was contracted to us, mistakes at the worst time, a penalty magnet and at times just a dumb footballer, he did play better in what was funny enough his contract year ..

Comparing the 2 are chalk & cheese …

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that this is a new team. The player who I believe will contribute the most is Blake Taaffe.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not every player in the team needs to be a “key player” … every squad has their hard workers that just get stuck in and do their job around the so called key players when called on, Salmon has consistently done what was required of him by the coach for that team, he may not have been a key player, but he consistently played well and was a cog in the machine that helped their 3peat.

Waddell has not done the job his coach asked for during the years he was contracted to us, mistakes at the worst time, a penalty magnet and at times just a dumb footballer, he did play better in what was funny enough his contract year ..

Comparing the 2 are chalk & cheese …
Yes, it is like comparing chalk and cheese because they both play completely different roles. Salmon ain't there to eat metres and he is not going to help us build any sort of momentum around the ruck.

Waddell conceded very few penalties last year and made very few errors. He fixed his discipline, which was the biggest problem in his game. He was by far our best and most consistent metre eater all year...one of only a handful of blokes who consistently played well, and you guys thank him for his service by bagging him incessantly.

Waddell was never a player who didn't put in effort. The effort was always there, it is the discipline that was lacking, and I think it is pretty poor of people to suggest his improvement this year was all down to him trying to earn a contract. If he had been lazy in previous years, I could understand it.

As for Salmon....if the roles were reversed and Waddell had been playing at Penrith the past few years and Salmon had been playing here, you'd all be praising Waddell and saying how glad you are to be rid of Salmon. I don't think you guys have any real grasp of how beneficial playing under a system like Penrith's is to a player and how detrimental playing for a struggling club with poor systems can be.

Waddell will build on his momentum from last year and have another very strong season in 2024.