The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If people want "meat" as a vegan..its simple don't be vegan.
I mistakenly bought a vegetarian lasagna once that had a meat imitation. It tasted fucking horrid. I immediately looked for a used by date when I discovered my mistake.

I'll go 100% carnivorous before I think about going vegan.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a vegetarian lasagna once that had a meat imitation. It tasted fucking horrid. I immediately looked for a used by date when I discovered my mistake.

I'll go 100% carnivorous before I think about going vegan.
If people want to change to a meat free (by choice) diet but chase substitute I don’t get their reasoning, either “go hard or go home”. If you miss it that much than going meat free isn't for you.

I've had my fair share of substitues "meat" to test the water and regret it, I do go without meat during the week and Lent at times but If I wanted to go meat free I'd do it properly and not half arsed.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If people want to change to a meat free (by choice) diet but chase substitute I don’t get their reasoning, either “go hard or go home”. If you miss it that much than going meat free isn't for you.

I've had my fair share of substitues "meat" to test the water and regret it, I do go without meat during the week and Lent at times but If I wanted to go meat free I'd do it properly and not half arsed.
I occasionally just have a plate of steamed veges or a huge salad. But typically I'll work out what meat I'm going to cook and accessorise it with veges/salad. So while the occasional meat free meal hits the spot, I know that it'd take me about a fortnight of only eating veges and salads I'd be bored with it. I'll even defrost a bit of roast chicken to throw into a tossed salad often enough.

So I understand that maybe the meat substitute things are aimed to expand the range of tastes for vegans. I'm going to say based on the one vegan meal with meat substitute (or two small bites I had of the meal) that the meat substitute products are terrible.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I occasionally just have a plate of steamed veges or a huge salad. But typically I'll work out what meat I'm going to cook and accessorise it with veges/salad. So while the occasional meat free meal hits the spot, I know that it'd take me about a fortnight of only eating veges and salads I'd be bored with it. I'll even defrost a bit of roast chicken to throw into a tossed salad often enough.

So I understand that maybe the meat substitute things are aimed to expand the range of tastes for vegans. I'm going to say based on the one vegan meal with meat substitute (or two small bites I had of the meal) that the meat substitute products are terrible.
I'd get sick of veggies real quick if steaming was my main source, I do eat salad everyday and have been for more than 20 years.

Lebanese food has some excellent vegan/vegetarian dishes and it has popularity with people who of those diets, I'm happy to eat meat only a handful of times a week because the flavours and options I have with Leb food outside meat are plentyful. I did go from eating meat almost every day to a couple of times a week because I was running out of options.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I tried the Rebel Whopper (meat free). They are right, it does taste like a whopper. But only 'cause normal whopper beef patties are completely tasteless.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I tried the Rebel Whopper (meat free). They are right, it does taste like a whopper. But only 'cause normal whopper beef patties are completely tasteless.
Proper vegetarian burger patties are great if they are made well, don’t remember the one from HJ I had before being bad either.

when I look at the fake meats and what the ingredients are I’ll stick to real meat.

People have been eating meat since the dawn of time, why is it unhealthy of a sudden. They can’t blame the cow farts either.