Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too much $$ for a front rower with commitment issues anyway.. good news.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 million for 50-60 minute player is ridiculous.
smart move Gus. AFB not worth more the $750k

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But if the rumours of Warriors wanting Preston are true. Would you have willingly gave him up for AFB?
Honestly, which player do you think we need more. People balking at the idea of giving up Preston for a top 5 prop. Just lol. W e ain't the clown crew, you guys are the clown college.

@Polly Power @04 Dreaming @Berries I think I just came up with a new hashtag

#ClownCollege

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, which player do you think we need more. People balking at the idea of giving up Preston for a top 5 prop. Just lol. W e ain't the clown crew, you guys are the clown college.

@Polly Power @04 Dreaming @Berries I think I just came up with a new hashtag

#ClownCollege
I get where u are coming from but Afb will be 30 come 2025 is it really worth getting rid one of our best backrowers who has a lot of potential and upside than getting a prop who'll most likely have 3 or 4 years left in him

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Un defendable from Gus this. I stg i’m gonna lose it if he says in another fucking interview that there isnt any options on the market. Bullshit. Honestly Gus out at this point this is beyond pathetic

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems totally irresponsible, I can't remember the last time a forward pack has developed without the recruitment of quality and/or experienced middles. Even Penrith had the likes of Tamou, Merrin, Mckendry, etc. Could even throw in Kite who was still there when RCG, JFH were pushing for debuts.
Irresponsible would or paying 1.1 million for a prop. If this is the price required than it's a pass for me. We need to strengthen our front row and we can buy 2 to 3 decent middles for this price.

1.1 mill is what you pay for spine player.

Titans have the best prop rotation in the game and didn't get them to the semis this year as their spine wasn't up to it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Un defendable from Gus this. I stg i’m gonna lose it if he says in another fucking interview that there isnt any options on the market. Bullshit. Honestly Gus out at this point this is beyond pathetic
This is it, we're constantly fed this narrative and it's then parroted on here by the usual lot. Facts are there have been players available but we either haven't persued them hard enough because Gus doesn't think they're worth it or we've been rejected.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get where u are coming from but Afb will be 30 come 2025 is it really worth getting rid one of our best backrowers who has a lot of potential and upside than getting a prop who'll most likely have 3 or 4 years left in him
I'd rather not trade him, obviously.... but if it's what we need to do to get a top 5 prop on board, I'd do it, absolutely. Especially if we can do a deal that will land us AFB for next year, which is probably what the trade suggestion is relating to.

Look, I like Preston, really, I do. He's a hard worker and has some skills.... but he has only been at the club for five minutes and I think an elite prop is much more important to our chances of getting back into the 8 and being competitive again. Realistically, if we don't bolster our forward pack with some big boppers and start winning the ruck, players like Preston will eventually get tired of losing and leave us to go play finals elsewhere, anyway.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smoke and Mirrors Lads, Smoke & Mirrors ..

BREAKING NEWS … Gus says Barrett will be coaching Bulldogs for many years to come ..

BREAKING NEWS … Gus says he hasn’t even spoken with Ciraldo ..

BREAKING NEWS …

View attachment 98185
We are talking about Danny Weidler here, not some DT hack...

We all know that if Gus farts in Danny's face it's - yes sir can I please have another

This is serious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are talking about Danny Weidler here, not some DT hack...

We all know that if Gus farts in Danny's face it's - yes sir can I please have another

This is serious
I’m not calling it either way .. but if Gus was playing smoke & mirrors … who do you think he’d go too to break the news ?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd rather not trade him, obviously.... but if it's what we need to do to get a top 5 prop on board, I'd do it, absolutely. Especially if we can do a deal that will land us AFB for next year, which is probably what the trade suggestion is relating to.

Look, I like Preston, really, I do. He's a hard worker and has some skills.... but he has only been at the club for five minutes and I think an elite prop is much more important to our chances of getting back into the 8 and being competitive again. Realistically, if we don't bolster our forward pack with some big boppers and start winning the ruck, players like Preston will eventually get tired of losing and leave us to go play finals elsewhere, anyway.
personally I think we need 2 elite props to get us in the 8