News Bulldogs star Karl Oloapu breaks silence on career defining spinal surgery, rehab, Anthony Minichiello’s advice

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish him well first.
His rehab will determine if he should risk making a comeback. He sounds determined so might give it a crack and it would be great to see him do it as I felt he had the talent.

But it's a long recovery and no need to rush it. He'll get plenty of advice along the way.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was for both reasons.

“Now since then I have been told I am not part of the full-time squad and they want me to play at lock or hooker and change the shape of my body.
Read the article in full the broncos clearly did nothing wrong or untoward. The Oluapu clan were clearly under or inadequately represented.

How we end up paying500k transfer fee plus top 30 guaranteed as a half is incredible especially with the intel that the broncos were trying to move him into the forwards shouldve been a massive red flag. We then saw how out of his depth he was in the halves. Just a huge balls up all round and as usual we are on the wrong end of the stick

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the article in full the broncos clearly did nothing wrong or untoward. The Oluapu clan were clearly under or inadequately represented.

How we end up paying500k transfer fee plus top 30 guaranteed as a half is incredible especially with the intel that the broncos were trying to move him into the forwards shouldve been a massive red flag. We then saw how out of his depth he was in the halves. Just a huge balls up all round and as usual we are on the wrong end of the stick
@04 Dreaming as usual Gould just deflects not accepting any responsibility. I predict that Oloapu will be shipped off to Dolphins or Titans in due course. Just a prediction.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Having trouble reading Flipper?
The article in no way says the Bulldogs guaranteed Karl a Top 30 spot - the Ponies did and then reneged. And you have absolutely no evidence that a $500k transfer fee was paid - you’re speculating again, the same as you did when you said the Bulldogs could be facing a $10m payout for ‘mismanagement’ of Karl’s injury. So we just add yet another thing to an ever growing list of things you’ve been wrong about :-).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The article in no way says the Bulldogs guaranteed Karl a Top 30 spot - the Ponies did and then reneged. And you have absolutely no evidence that a $500k transfer fee was paid - you’re speculating again, the same as you did when you said the Bulldogs could be facing a $10m payout for ‘mismanagement’ of Karl’s injury. So we just add yet another thing to an ever growing list of things you’ve been wrong about :-).
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I dont know why you bother mate..

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are y gonna possibly justify he wasnt guaranteed top 30 here when he was announced in our top 30 list the day he signed

As for the 500k it has been widely reported across just about every Platform and never once been denied by the club. Just the rusted on Gus cucks here who like to pretend it is all a myth once they realised he wasnt up to the grade. If u have any shred of evidence proving otherwise then pls do share like I have

FB3AAC7E-6737-4739-AE24-3FB645A71269.jpeg

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How are y gonna possibly justify he wasnt guaranteed top 30 here when he was announced in our top 30 list the day he signed

As for the 500k it has been widely reported across just about every Platform and never once been denied by the club. Just the rusted on Gus cucks here who like to pretend it is all a myth once they realised he wasnt up to the grade. If u have any shred of evidence proving otherwise then pls do share like I have

View attachment 98126
OMG

You used a big font and BOLD writing.

It must be true.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 98126
Oh Flipper :tearsofjoy:.

So some scribbler says something and it’s true?
You know it’s their job to get clicks don’t you.
Do they ever walk back the many times they’ve been wrong? No - might sound familiar to you :-).

As for Top 30 so what - doesn’t mean starting 17 and there could be any number of reasons - like we knew we weren’t going to re-sign Flange for one. And it was long before Sexton became available who ultimately replaced Flange at 7. Karl mostly played first grade in 2023 because of our injury toll and Flange being a poor option - otherwise he likely would’ve stayed in the lower grades until he was ready. During all your and your mates mud slinging at the club - one thing they’ve created for 2024 is depth and options - something we’ve sorely lacked in recent years which if we had that in 2023 Karl likely would’ve remained a future prospect only. But never mind that there might be some logic behind decision making I guess…

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 98126
No one from within the club has ever denied the 500k. If there wasn't 500k involved he would have been shipped off by now. I still predict he will be shipped off to another club before his contract expires.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming as usual Gould just deflects not accepting any responsibility. I predict that Oloapu will be shipped off to Dolphins or Titans in due course. Just a prediction.
No one from within the club has ever denied the 500k. If there wasn't 500k involved he would have been shipped off by now. I still predict he will be shipped off to another club before his contract expires.
2 posts

2 predictions with no basis in reality

What evidence do you have that involves the Titans and Dolphins in his recruitment?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Flipper :tearsofjoy:.

So some scribbler says something and it’s true?
You know it’s their job to get clicks don’t you.
Do they ever walk back the many times they’ve been wrong? No - might sound familiar to you :-).

As for Top 30 so what - doesn’t mean starting 17 and there could be any number of reasons - like we knew we weren’t going to re-sign Flange for one. And it was long before Sexton became available who ultimately replaced Flange at 7. Karl mostly played first grade in 2023 because of our injury toll and Flange being a poor option - otherwise he likely would’ve stayed in the lower grades until he was ready. During all your and your mates mud slinging at the club - one thing they’ve created for 2024 is depth and options - something we’ve sorely lacked in recent years which if we had that in 2023 Karl likely would’ve remained a future prospect only. But never mind that there might be some logic behind decision making I guess…
Wheres the proof that it isnt true then? Its widely accepted as fact everywhere outside a few true believers on here. Not even the club has denied it lol u and me both know gus wouldve shot it down by now if it was an outright lie

And nice moving of the goalposts. We were clearly talking top 30 now u have rambled ahout top 17 upon realising ur error. Huge own goal from u. King Gus special

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I didnt use any bold or caps so huge own goal from u too. Better lay off the jellybeans
OMG

That is so funny.

I almost cracked a smile.

Still doesn't change the facts.

Poor attempt at deflecting from the topic by attacking me instead of addressing the topic you started

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wheres the proof that it isnt true then? Its widely accepted as fact everywhere outside a few true believers on here. Not even the club has denied it lol u and me both know gus wouldve shot it down by now if it was an outright lie

And nice moving of the goalposts. We were clearly talking top 30 now u have rambled ahout top 17 upon realising ur error. Huge own goal from u. King Gus special
:tearsofjoy: Spoken like a true conspirator.
You make claims, get asked for evidence and reply ‘well show me that it isn’t true!’ Hilarious.

Own goal? Coming from he who said the board would be toppled, Warburton pushed out, Luai was already signed and we’d have to pay $10m out for KO?

Get back to your gaggle :tearsofjoy:.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: Spoken like a true conspirator.
You make claims, get asked for evidence and reply ‘well show me that it isn’t true!’ Hilarious.

Own goal? Coming from he who said the board would be toppled, Warburton pushed out, Luai was already signed and we’d have to pay $10m out for KO?

Get back to your gaggle :tearsofjoy:.
I think 'own goal' will be the TROLL SQUAD catch cry for this week.

Is that right @04 Dreaming are you hoping 'own goal' is going to catch on?