News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He gets on here and used a lot of words but

i mean it’s ok to dislike the youth policy or dislike being to active and prefer the development process but this fuck bitches about both. His 3 heads all want different things. FMD
No, I'm i favour of both building for the future and recruiting to make the team better in the short term. What you don't seem capable of understanding is, we aren't doing a good job of either.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He gets on here and used a lot of words but

i mean it’s ok to dislike the youth policy or dislike being to active and prefer the development process but this fuck bitches about both. His 3 heads all want different things. FMD
Some people are habitual complainers.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've read on Averillo leaving, seemed like he was a bit star struck by Bennett's interest. Money might have been a factor we could have used to tip the scales, but Averillo was sold on Bennett being able to make him a better player. Bennett has picked him up at the right time. He should improve. Bennett will simply focus on simplifying things for him and fixing his defence.

Hopefully the space we cleared puts us at the front of the grid in the race for the next quality prop that becomes available.
It was a smart decision by Avo. Look at how well Benny got the Hammer playing. He even turned Isaako from a plodder into a gun.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
So weve coughed up a top young talent in Michael Gabriel + roughly 400-450k per year for a journeyman utility in C Tracey. Am I reading this correctly?
Did you see the team perform this year. The long approach was going to get longer. Obviously we need more professional players at the club to help the process and be more competitive. We may not win many more games but I’m more than confident in we won’t be putting performances we put on this year. That will help with development and make recruitment easier in the future. Win , win for me. It makes no sense that the sharks give him permission than seek something in return though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
no but do you?
Tracey was on 300k at sharks originally doubt we'll be paying more than 350k
David Rico or w.e. he's called said Tracey and Moylan were on a combined 500k. You'd think Moylan was on more than half of that. He would of got an upgrade here tho.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no but do you?
Tracey was on 300k at sharks originally doubt we'll be paying more than 350k
No but I was being conservative with my estimation particularly based off this;
152D8A46-DC58-4931-8466-445207303316.jpeg

Where on earth did u pull 300k from?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t win with you. You want to win so Gus buys 1st talent you sook. He tries to spend minimal recruiting young players to find that diamond you sook. We get hammered week in week out so he doesn’t resign the players you sook, avo walks you sook we pay overs you sook. I’m not rocket scientist but i figured something out “ you are just a fucking sook”. Just so you know avo isn’t better than any of the 1st grade backs we have recruited. Neither is alamoti and who ever has walked or been pushed. On ya bike buzz bitch brigade.
He also thinks Flanno Sr. signing his dud son was a master-stroke.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
No, I'm i favour of both building for the future and recruiting to make the team better in the short term. What you don't seem capable of understanding is, we aren't doing a good job of either.
How so, has this squad not gotten better with the additions . Player for player we are miles in front. What you don’t think about is players help develop the next talent. If we don’t have the players at the top the players at the bottom will be left behind in comparison to equal talent at other clubs. Averillo,alomoti we examples of that. We are in a position where unfortunately we have been bad at both ends. Fixing both ends at once is almost impossible. The other thing is young talent moves from club to club more now than ever before . Want it now mentality and player mangers wanting a top 30 pay for their young players instead of another yr or 2 on Reggie’s money doesn’t help a club like ours. The elite clubs can hide a young player in a stacked team we can’t. As we sore with alamoti. He was left vulnerable, at Penrith he will have security around him .

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that included moylan being released pretty sure someone on here posted that
Moylan was on somewhere between 350-500k so that cant be right. Last reported around 500k in July this yr

D9088389-E253-46AA-8DA3-4DE78C75503A.jpeg

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi @Nasheed you raised some brilliant points and as usual totally ignored by the usual suspects.

1. Tracey was pursued by more than one NRL club. If he's anything other than Top 30 his deal has been seriously back ended. Didn't Gould attack Hasler recently for this and said it's why the club isn't in a good position in 2023. I know defies logic some have lapped it up. Someone within the Top 30 has to be moved on. We haven't been able to move on RFM and Sutton. The Oloapu situation appears it will go on. I still think Gould should just cut his losses and move him to Dolphins or Titans.

2. The moves to sign Tracey come soon after training has started. Are there doubts about Xerri returning to NRL in 2024? We've already had a club employee talk about Burton to centres.

3. I highlighted some stats that Tracey at 27 has played less NRL games than Averillo at 23. We let Averillo go and sign Tracey for no doubt zero doubt at all for more than what Averillo is on at Dolphins. Gould loves talking about pathways and releasing a kid we signed in January isn't a pathways or development club.

All our signings except for Crichton aren't 1-13 players at their clubs. They were all freely released.

Cronulla have identified the need to bring in a new generation. They've had an aging roster and making the changes to clear the decks for the next generation of talent and possibly make a clear path to have a shot at a big name or two.
1 - NRL will not register back ended contracts

2 - Tracey's signing has nothing to do with Xerri. Your just making stuff up

3 - Tracey is on less than Averillo. With all the juniors he has signed there and the HB academy set up there is no doubt about pathways, but the kids need experience around them.

You know you are doomed when the only one who like your post is yourself. Right @04 Dreaming

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
1 - NRL will not register back ended contracts

2 - Tracey's signing has nothing to do with Xerri. Your just making stuff up

3 - Tracey is on less than Averillo. With all the juniors he has signed there and the HB academy set up there is no doubt about pathways, but the kids need experience around them.

You know you are doomed when the only one who like your post is yourself. Right @04 Dreaming
Perfect response, now draw it for the fucker for it to sink in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How so, has this squad not gotten better with the additions . Player for player we are miles in front. What you don’t think about is players help develop the next talent. If we don’t have the players at the top the players at the bottom will be left behind in comparison to equal talent at other clubs. Averillo,alomoti we examples of that. We are in a position where unfortunately we have been bad at both ends. Fixing both ends at once is almost impossible. The other thing is young talent moves from club to club more now than ever before . Want it now mentality and player mangers wanting a top 30 pay for their young players instead of another yr or 2 on Reggie’s money doesn’t help a club like ours. The elite clubs can hide a young player in a stacked team we can’t. As we sore with alamoti. He was left vulnerable, at Penrith he will have security around him .
This is who we are looking at to develop the young talent? A bunch of reject journeymen who couldn't lock down starting positions at better clubs. Yeah, the future looks so bright.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
David Rico or w.e. he's called said Tracey and Moylan were on a combined 500k. You'd think Moylan was on more than half of that. He would of got an upgrade here tho.
wouldn't be more than 350k a season for Tracey