EV's

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Okey dokey kennellers. Bought a car for the missus last week (Mazda - not buying a Hyundai turd if u paid me - fck u @Blue_boost). And now I have an itch to scratch myself.

Got some very good value on my current car (mebbe around $30k) and toying with the idea of either a Nissan Z or an EV. Now the missus isn't too impressed with the Z being a 2 seater (still gunna fight that battle will probably lose).

So interested in any experiences with EVs. Charging isn't a problem - have a super charger station just up the road. And yes, what I'm thinking of is fast.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okey dokey kennellers. Bought a car for the missus last week (Mazda - not buying a Hyundai turd if u paid me - fck u @Blue_boost). And now I have an itch to scratch myself.

Got some very good value on my current car (mebbe around $30k) and toying with the idea of either a Nissan Z or an EV. Now the missus isn't too impressed with the Z being a 2 seater (still gunna fight that battle will probably lose).

So interested in any experiences with EVs. Charging isn't a problem - have a super charger station just up the road. And yes, what I'm thinking of is fast.
If you want an EV, get the Hyundai Ionia 5n. Proper sports car performance ..don’t buy a bullshit EV.. b

but don’t get the Nissan Z.. rubbish sports car, poor mans supra.

What Mazda did you get? Why not a Hyundai?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you want an EV, get the Hyundai Ionia 5n. Proper sports car performance ..don’t buy a bullshit EV.. b

Probably partly because of you, plus mazdas are better

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My wife has a PHEV Cupra Formentor. It’s a pretty good drive. Gets about 60k of straight EV mode.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Fck that. I'd rather put peanut butter on my nuts, put 500gm weights in my nut piercings and do squats over a fire ant nest than buy a Hyundai. If I had to go there, EV6 everytime.

Z is more of a drivers car for $20k cheaper, you can throw it around more. So the supra can beat me on track, who cares. Won't be tracking it. And a toyota sports car? May as well own an Hyundai. Plus wouldn't matter. Toyotas are for small fckrs. I don't qualify.

C30. Coz they are shit.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
My wife has a PHEV Cupra Formentor. It’s a pretty good drive. Gets about 60k of straight EV mode.

as embarrassing as it sounds, tossing between a XC40 Volvo and the BMW ix1. $10k more for the BMW but get the M model for knicks. Bad news is the 6 month wait. The biscuit does 0-100 5.3 secs. Just don't try to turn it. And its available now and will probably get cheaper closer to Xmas.

But its a fckng Volvo. but I actually like it. And it doesn't have the fckng random cabin mood lighting of the X1 (kid you not). Plus if I spilt my bong in the biscuit, I probably won't feel bad unlike the iX1.

And theres a motza of new EVs coming next year and some very interesting shit.

Tough decisions.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
X1s a quite small bro my nephews GF has one the big fella can’t even fit in it. LOL. I prefer the Volvo bro. If it wasn’t a BMW you would get the Volvo without thinking

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
X1s a quite small bro my nephews GF has one the big fella can’t even fit in it. LOL. I prefer the Volvo bro. If it wasn’t a BMW you would get the Volvo without thinking
Maybe the iX1s are bigger - had an itch a few weeks ago and went to check one out. It was ok - bout the same as the biscuit. No big issues.

But its a biscuit bro. The ultimate mid-life crisis killer. Even if it is quick. I'm enjoying my crisis.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I have a 370Z which has always treated me well. I beat on it too and it’s never even so much as hiccuped.
EV’s? Well, if you ask me, electricity’s for toasters and dildos.
We need to have a love/fck off emoji. Cannot do both for one message :grinning:

Plus reckon if you keep the k's down, will have decent resale. Let others burn their cash at the track on a daily driver. Have plenty of options for good runs where I can have some fun.

My current car, 12 months old, bit of work at Pulse back in 2017. Had about 270kw at the wheel. Coming into the M4 from the northern road, had one of those new Tesla things behind me so after I turned, lit it up. Once the lanes were there, Tesla went around me and gone. Don't know if I'd diss them 6 years later.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fck that. I'd rather put peanut butter on my nuts, put 500gm weights in my nut piercings and do squats over a fire ant nest than buy a Hyundai. If I had to go there, EV6 everytime.

Z is more of a drivers car for $20k cheaper, you can throw it around more. So the supra can beat me on track, who cares. Won't be tracking it. And a toyota sports car? May as well own an Hyundai. Plus wouldn't matter. Toyotas are for small fckrs. I don't qualify.

C30. Coz they are shit.
c30 is ok. Decent car.

grab yourself a bmw m340 if funds permit.

What about Honda type R for around $74k?

if you go drive Hyundai i30n you
Might just be willing to drag your nuts through an ant farm to get one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like the Zs. Other than being way too small to fit in, they're just not very good quality. They are a poor man's Porsche.

EVs are alright, but still overpriced. And there's the battery replacement issue.

If you were going to buy an EV right now, then I would suggest something like the BYD Atto 3. Drives well and is much easier to replace the batteries than any other EV. But I would also suggest looking at plug-in hybrids as an alternative.

Personally, I like the Outlander. Spacious, and good engineering.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a 370Z which has always treated me well. I beat on it too and it’s never even so much as hiccuped.
EV’s? Well, if you ask me, electricity’s for toasters and dildos.
I was hesitant to get the EV bro but wife wanted it. TBH, it grows on you. It is a plug in hybrid EV, drives it everyday and hasn’t had to put petrol in it for 5 weeks

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
c30 is ok. Decent car.

grab yourself a bmw m340 if funds permit.

What about Honda type R for around $74k?

if you go drive Hyundai i30n you
Might just be willing to drag your nuts through an ant farm to get one.
no m340s in Australia and u upped the budget by $20k so could have looked at other stuff - so thanks for that. And can do better than a lawnmower.

No. I walked past a i30 today and hung a loogie on it. It felt right.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I don't like the Zs. Other than being way too small to fit in, they're just not very good quality. They are a poor man's Porsche.

EVs are alright, but still overpriced. And there's the battery replacement issue.

If you were going to buy an EV right now, then I would suggest something like the BYD Atto 3. Drives well and is much easier to replace the batteries than any other EV. But I would also suggest looking at plug-in hybrids as an alternative.

Personally, I like the Outlander. Spacious, and good engineering.
And if I was a rich man - I'd get a fckng porsche. I have the penis for it, just not the cash. What do you want ffs?

And I'm not getting something called a BYD. See above about penis. And i'm dipping toes. It won't get out of warranty before I upgrade.

Outlander. Not suprising.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Is everyone on TK an absolute unit? Can't fit into cars and shit :sob:
Lol. Back when I was choosing my current car, a 86 was a thought. Knew someone that could add some extras for me no probs. Booked a test drive, all keen and sat in it and couldn't straighten my head. Said thanks anyway - off to Subaru.

Is what it is if u want that type of car.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And if I was a rich man - I'd get a fckng porsche. I have the penis for it, just not the cash. What do you want ffs?

And I'm not getting something called a BYD. See above about penis. And i'm dipping toes. It won't get out of warranty before I upgrade.

Outlander. Not suprising.
Have you considered buying a bicycle instead?

images (76).jpeg