News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This has been my belief all along. Ciraldo is an inexperienced coach and it's possible that something very small turned into something very big due to his mismanagement of the situation. A captain approaching a coach and sharing the players thoughts is something very normal in sport and something coaches around the world constantly deal with.

One thing that I consistently bring up on here that so many brush off is our injuries. The amount of training injuries we had was not normal and they weren't just soft tissue injuries but concussions too. Something clearly wasn't going right at training. I also think back to someone like Kiraz and wonder how on earth did he passed his fitness test when he returned from his knee injury. The bloke was literally limping his entire first game back and took weeks to even look comfortable on the field. He then finished the season with stress fractures in his lower back and that's something that can be caused by not correctly managing a player training load.
Exactly this, it feels like Ciraldo and his training staff got it all wrong. Especially when you see their track records at other clubs with injuries. When you have several players complaining and going to the media there has to be problems with the program and the injuries were clear evidence. Then you had Gus leak the “didn’t want to train hard” narrative to Weilder and other media confidants of his to spin Ciraldo out of the mess. Here we are months later and it’s still going on.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly this, it feels like Ciraldo and his training staff got it all wrong. Especially when you see their track records at other clubs with injuries. When you have several players complaining and going to the media there has to be problems with the program and the injuries were clear evidence. Then you had Gus leak the “didn’t want to train hard” narrative to Weilder and other media confidants of his to spin Ciraldo out of the mess. Here we are months later and it’s still going on.
Exactly this ? WTF ? The problem with morons, is that they refer to idiots for opinions

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly this ? WTF ? The problem with morons, is that they refer to idiots for opinions
I mean the injury list and the trainers prior work is all fact. Gould having Weidler in his pocket is fact

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I mean the injury list and the trainers prior work is all fact. Gould having Weidler in his pocket is fact
If they all had knee injuries, or even remotely similar injuries, you could create some sort of correlation. But look at the variety of injuries . . . Connect the dots for me, because I can't see a tangible connection

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Boys are not use to hard training. Glad we are moving in the right direction!

Old dogs days, players were pushed, if they broke were told "You are not a Bulldog!" I want that back!

So we want to win or have soft cocks in the team?
Exactly right.
And training hard and pushing to the limit transfers on the field when you are mentally and physically strong enough to find away to win.
On the back of that we found a way to win the 95 premiership.
On the back of that we found a way to come from behind on a number of occasions in 98 to make the grand final.

Weed out the weak
I'm very much in Cc corner.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No way mate.
Several players complaining are not cut out for nrl.
We weed out the weak.
Bring up the standards and better results will come.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way mate.
Several players complaining are not cut out for nrl.
We weed out the weak.
Bring up the standards and better results will come.
The Bulldogs is not for everybody. Our culture is working and playing harder than everyone else. This has always been the Bulldogs way. Poor recruitment, retention and development has left us with players who are unable to meet that standard. I fully support CC and Gus through this unapologetic approach.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs is not for everybody. Our culture is working and playing harder than everyone else. This has always been the Bulldogs way. Poor recruitment, retention and development has left us with players who are unable to meet that standard. I fully support CC and Gus through this unapologetic approach.
Absolutely mate.
I really don't understand how some of our fans can't see that.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yes previously dib n andersons recruiting to please the fans and win now to save their jobs. Gus doesn’t care he has always said if you are trying to please the fans you will fail because as we see here Marley is never fucking happy lol

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most don't have evidence of anything and it's just fans blindly siding with the club on everything vs fans that don't.
The fact is no one has any evidence one way or the other including you. It's speculation. But for the club to take the stance where he is not even allowed back to training tells me Ray has fukked up. Just my 2c worth.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes previously dib n andersons recruiting to please the fans and win now to save their jobs. Gus doesn’t care he has always said if you are trying to please the fans you will fail because as we see here Marley is never fucking happy lol
And Gus is right.
You only need to read the kennel on a regular basis to understand the fact the fans are clueless in how to manage a successful rugby league club.

For the first time in a ling time I'm happy with how we are doing business.

Quick results won't come, and I'm OK with that.
2024 I'm not expecting much.
2025 different scenario.
I expect to see a few good signings for that season .
Some more dead wood on the way out.
And some green shoots coming through our development systems.

By 2026 I can see us being a real pain in the side for any top 4 team.
There after we will be actually competing for a title.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope they don’t feel sorry for him and let him back.
Pressure reveals character and he’s revealed himself as a shitcunt.
Time to move on.
100% if this is the case he wants back in to the team fold earn it. Start in sheild. Perform progresses to Massey then Reggie’s. Show you worth

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely mate.
I really don't understand how some of our fans can't see that.
I can only speak for myself.
Dont care about ladder placement. My only expectation is to show improvement. Its the same realistic expectation at the beginning of every year.
2023 was terrible.
There where obstacles.
I try and keep an open mind, be realistic and look at it from all angles.
Im not going to write an essay. What I will say is considering everything, Im concerned Ciro isnt the man. If he isnt, we are fucked.
So it is something to be concerned about.
Until I see improvements in the way of actions, I will have concerns.
After years of talk then poor performances, I simply cannot buy in anymore.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys are not use to hard training. Glad we are moving in the right direction!

Old dogs days, players were pushed, if they broke were told "You are not a Bulldog!" I want that back!

So we want to win or have soft cocks in the team?
That’s it mate! I want the sort of club we had 25 years ago. Gillies, Reardon, Britt, Hetherington, Baa, Polly (not the cuckwit one) et al. Tough as nails hard grafting players. I remember screaming myself hoarse at how good their defence was in the early 90s semi vs Raiders.

Bring that shit back! And people don’t know or forget that, that was a big focus for Ciro. He looked at the club’s history and the area and he wanted to bring that dogs of war mindset back.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s it mate! I want the sort of club we had 25 years ago. Gillies, Reardon, Britt, Hetherington, Baa, Polly (not the cuckwit one) et al. Tough as nails hard grafting players. I remember screaming myself hoarse at how good their defence was in the early 90s semi vs Raiders.

Bring that shit back! And people don’t know or forget that, that was a big focus for Ciro. He looked at the club’s history and the area and he wanted to bring that dogs of war mindset back.
No-one has forgotten, we all want the same.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

All of those you listed were effort players - with the exception of Baa none were stars - but always had the team compete throughoput a game n throughout the season - i can see a bit of that in players like Hutchison Mann Taffe Turpin.

Still need middles though

Status
Not open for further replies.