Faitala-Mariner thread

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TK really turns to shit in the offseason.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the concern was it has been reported that it is a full game with full contact 2 days before an NRL game ....not just sessions.

The guys who attend training could possibly verify or debunk this as full on game contact.

If that is normal for other teams then no one should complain and would be yet another example of how soft it has got at Belmore before CC.
I get to attend a few other teams training sessions and have seen many “opposed sessions”, it’s standard practise, some have them 3 days before the game and some 2 days before the game. It generally depends on travel from the previous game and to the next game. Opposed sessions are composed of the 13 selected for the next game, excluding those with “no contact” bibs, versus the remainder of the 19, plus NSW Cup players. Often Development Players get a run as well.

Depending on the weather they play 2 x 30 minutes or 2 x ~20 minutes. There are lots of interruptions, with the assistant coaches running the water and barking instructions. The physios and medical staff watch very closely, anyone showing signs of injury or excessive fatigue are pulled.

They are pretty full on, some of the hits are very decent, solid, but no illegal or grubby shit. They do run plays so opposed sessions are often “closed”.

The players I have spoken to like opposed sessions far more than training, easy to understand since they mostly have been playing the game since they were kids and they just live to play. Training is a boring grind in comparison.

Always a Bulldog

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's disappointing so many fans are so deluded and just allow complete mismanagement and poor decision making to happen where it ONLY matters being NRL. Club made something like 12 signings only Crichton was valued at previous club. Why won't people talk about the failed signings or the absolute botch ups not understanding the third party agreement rule.
Because we know the only angle you and the clown and a minority of others are pushing is in relation to the upcoming elections. You’ve been shot down a few times however you continue to press the same topics in more subtle ways towards the same agenda.

The sooner the mods ban you flops the better.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can be whatever you want.
Including a 70 something year old female donkey supporter from the Cold Coast, on a Dogs forum who missed me jokingly pointing out there is a difference between coach and couch? ;)

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares about the elections or the board. It's just one group wanting the chardonnay and another group that wants to keep the perks at all costs.

Hasler left the club in 2017. Anderson left the club in 2020. Most of the mistakes been happening in more recent times. By Gould, by Ciraldo and by Khoury.

How many signings been made since end of 2020 season that saw out their contract?
No.
Just NO!
MOST of the mistakes occurred before this administration.
I agree there have been issues with the current team, and privately have called them out upon that, yet the vast majority and the severity of the mistakes we are seeking to deal with or are affecting our team, are the result of past administration.
FFS, call a spade a spade.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what options did they have?
We didn’t have many leaders to choose from.
Nobody stood out
If no-one is worthy then dont have a Club captain.
Its different during a game because the ref needs to communicate with the on field captain so one needs to be appointed. Also you need someone to lead and talk to the team.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine?
The steaks were too expensive and are overcooked.
The weather too warm and sunny! #SackEveryone :-).
Get off the barbecue Buzz you’re burning the steaks.

Well why don’t you cook instead?!

….crickets….

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Including a 70 something year old female donkey supporter from the Cold Coast, on a Dogs forum who missed me jokingly pointing out there is a difference between coach and couch? ;)
70 something?!?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where's the Cold Coast? ;)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If no-one is worthy then dont have a Club captain.
Its different during a game because the ref needs to communicate with the on field captain so one needs to be appointed. Also you need someone to lead and talk to the team.
why would you have thought Mariner would be a bad club captain before this season kicked off?
Just because he had a heap of injuries?

I don’t see it As a big deal, especially it was ciraldo’s first season at the club he needed to get to know the playing squad and our club captain had just retired in the off-season

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably missed it cause my eyes are fuzzy ATM from my diabetes. (Dry eyes)

70 is my IQ, which it quite high for being a member on here.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why would you have thought Mariner would be a bad club captain before this season kicked off?
Just because he had a heap of injuries?

I don’t see it As a big deal, especially it was ciraldo’s first season at the club he needed to get to know the playing squad and our club captain had just retired in the off-season
I dont want to keep going on about it. Said my bit earlier in the thread.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m certain what I was referring to is a full game rehearsal basically, but I may have misunderstood. I’ll go back and check.

Edit: Ok I checked and there’s no mention of a full game. I was probably thinking of the fact Ciro says it’s a session they do at game time, meaning that it’s run at the same time, of the game in 2 days. There was no mention of it running for 80 minutes like a game, just the scheduling and full game intensity of it.
I know of opposed sessions running for 80 mins early in the week as a punishment for a poor performance but it’s rare and not the norm but it does happen.