Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You just ate a mean that the majority of the population likely could not afford and not happy?

Maybe sticking to bread and water for a week, so you appreciate how lucky you actually are would be a worthy endeavour?
Omg you just cured my depression, thank you so much.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You are?
Sweet, bust the myth that you're Caucasian to start with.
Then bust the myth that you reside in Europe.
Finally, bust the myth that you're a troll.
You actually believe dat rubbish don’t u

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods don’t know me. Bar one.
Unless they have seen me on the street, or at a Dogg game or keeping things under control between rivals and never said hi.
Sure that Mod has not 'outed' you?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparently he won’t need surgery according to Weidler because it’s a condition he’s born with? Why the fuck is it so hard for our club to communicate info to our fans. Deadset useless *****.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So apparently he won’t need surgery according to Weidler because it’s a condition he’s born with? Why the fuck is it so hard for our club to communicate info to our fans. Deadset useless *****.
Where is this article? I've only see quotes. From what I gather it's surgery or he's never playing again.

Malla

Reaction score
I wonder if Dogs can now sue Broncos if they kept this health info from Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if Dogs can now sue Broncos if they kept this health info from Dogs
We didn't pick anything up during his medical so I doubt the Broncos knew either.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Update on Karl Oloapu’s season-ending injury
If he is forced into medical retirement, the club will face a $1 million-plus payout.

ETHAN LEE CHALK

WRITER | OCTOBER 29, 2023 - 10:30AM

https://www.zerotackle.com/update-on-karl-oloapus-season-ending-injury-164780/#

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has revealed that it would have been a "catastrophic" situation if Karl Oloapu didn't realise he had neck pains.
Pinned as the club's next big thing, the injury to Oloapu has allowed the Bulldogs to discover that the youngster had a serious spine condition before sustaining the injury to his neck.
The Herald has disclosed he faced significant risk playing with a condition he was born with and it is understood that when he flexes his neck and looks down, it actually presses on his spinal cord, causing damage.
This means he could need cervical fusion surgery.
“At the moment, we're just gathering medical opinions,” Gould said via the publication.
“I've got a couple of opinions; Karl wants a third opinion. I think he's very, very lucky that something catastrophic didn't happen with a condition that he's got.”
The Herald has revealed that if Oloapu is forced into medical retirement, the Bulldogs will face a $1 million-plus payout from the NRL.
It was revealed earlier this week that he withdrew from Samoa's two Tests in their Pacific Cup tri-series against New Zealand and Australia due to neck pain, and News Corp then reported he may need surgery on his neck.
Also revealed was the fact that Oloapu played through most of the 2023 season in pain. That was evident when he was rested from certain games through the back end of the year as the Bulldogs attempted to manage a player they had long-term plans in place for.
His rookie NRL season came after a controversial off-season move from the Brisbane Broncos, where the Bulldogs paid big money in a transfer to secure his services.
Even without surgery, it's unclear if the youngster will be available for Round 1 next year when Cameron Ciraldo's squad begin a campaign that will be aiming to turn around a disastrous 2023 that ended in a 15th-place finish.
The Bulldogs are understood to be fully behind Oloapu, who is on contract with the club until the end of the 2026 campaign.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey @Nasheed Steve, I'm still waiting for you to bust the supposed myths about you I posted.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on Karl Oloapu’s season-ending injury
If he is forced into medical retirement, the club will face a $1 million-plus payout.

ETHAN LEE CHALK

WRITER | OCTOBER 29, 2023 - 10:30AM

https://www.zerotackle.com/update-on-karl-oloapus-season-ending-injury-164780/#

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has revealed that it would have been a "catastrophic" situation if Karl Oloapu didn't realise he had neck pains.
Pinned as the club's next big thing, the injury to Oloapu has allowed the Bulldogs to discover that the youngster had a serious spine condition before sustaining the injury to his neck.
The Herald has disclosed he faced significant risk playing with a condition he was born with and it is understood that when he flexes his neck and looks down, it actually presses on his spinal cord, causing damage.
This means he could need cervical fusion surgery.
“At the moment, we're just gathering medical opinions,” Gould said via the publication.
“I've got a couple of opinions; Karl wants a third opinion. I think he's very, very lucky that something catastrophic didn't happen with a condition that he's got.”
The Herald has revealed that if Oloapu is forced into medical retirement, the Bulldogs will face a $1 million-plus payout from the NRL.
It was revealed earlier this week that he withdrew from Samoa's two Tests in their Pacific Cup tri-series against New Zealand and Australia due to neck pain, and News Corp then reported he may need surgery on his neck.
Also revealed was the fact that Oloapu played through most of the 2023 season in pain. That was evident when he was rested from certain games through the back end of the year as the Bulldogs attempted to manage a player they had long-term plans in place for.
His rookie NRL season came after a controversial off-season move from the Brisbane Broncos, where the Bulldogs paid big money in a transfer to secure his services.
Even without surgery, it's unclear if the youngster will be available for Round 1 next year when Cameron Ciraldo's squad begin a campaign that will be aiming to turn around a disastrous 2023 that ended in a 15th-place finish.
The Bulldogs are understood to be fully behind Oloapu, who is on contract with the club until the end of the 2026 campaign.

I told u there was more to this @DinkumDog and there it is. Can u believe we brought him back to play Flegg finals while he still in neck pain? If this kid never plays again we might have to pay him 10 million not 1. Total disgrace

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told u there was more to this @DinkumDog and there it is. Can u believe we brought him back to play Flegg finals while he still in neck pain? If this kid never plays again we might have to pay him 10 million not 1. Total disgrace
To be fair, it does sound like they tried to manage his known medical issues via resting him.
It is even mentioned in the article.