Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is one I’m not so sure on.

We re-signed Wilson, told Casey he won’t be re-signed - all in the same week we had the chance to get Fox off our books.

Unless we’re waiting for the right offer, I don’t see it happening
I always saw Wilson as Casey’s direct replacement. Think bOut it. Backups winger/fullback.
I like Wilson though he is zippy and plays confidently. If things go right for him, he could be gangsta

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson is a significant upgrade on Casey.
I always thought he had potential as a left centre. Played a few decent first grade games there in 2022. A bit surprised he didn’t get one game in that position last year especially after Alamotti was punted.

Terrible winger though.

Malla

Reaction score
This is one I’m not so sure on.

We re-signed Wilson, told Casey he won’t be re-signed - all in the same week we had the chance to get Fox off our books.

Unless we’re waiting for the right offer, I don’t see it happening
it’ll only happen if the deal is right IMO and I imagine Gus’ objective is to ultimately fill a need in the team whether that be up front or in the halves.
All I said was Josh was on the outter (100% fact) and the board wasn’t happy with him with some wanting him gone. His manager instigating the Parra rumour and went to the media. The team I have heard all along that he wants to end up at is Souths.
I don’t want Josh to go. Love having him at the Dogs, but he’s done a few things that have caused this.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it’ll only happen if the deal is right IMO and I imagine Gus’ objective is to ultimately fill a need in the team whether that be up front or in the halves.
All I said was Josh was on the outter (100% fact) and the board wasn’t happy with him with some wanting him gone. His manager instigating the Parra rumour and went to the media. The team I have heard all along that he wants to end up at is Souths.
I don’t want Josh to go. Love having him at the Dogs, but he’s done a few things that have caused this.
What’s he done though ?

I’m not seeing anything significant that would make the board angry to the point they want him out ..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would definately trade Fox to Souffs if it was for Tallis Duncan and Davey Moale

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is like Arsene Wenger the “new signings” we be re-signings.
I doubt it will be anyone other than what has already been speculated. There won't be any surprise big name players,unless they are for 2025

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is simply no way that any club gives up 2 players for Fox, particularly 2 young gun forwards in this player market. Fox is a great winger, but he's a winger.
Not to mention Souths already have 2 better wingers than him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What’s he done though ?

I’m not seeing anything significant that would make the board angry to the point they want him out ..
Don’t listen to dribble mate.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wilson
Kiraz
Taaffe
Salmon
Crichton
Curran
Xerri

There should only be 1 or 2 signings left.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wilson
Kiraz
Taaffe
Salmon
Crichton
Curran
Xerri

There should only be 1 or 2 signings left.
nah half those were already announced
still got Turpin Hutchinson mann and takihueo to announce and who knows if there'll be any others