Official Gus on Twitter

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the off season,without stormy teacups, we'd just be left with people's random internal dialogues and posts
Exactly right. That’s my point. They have no games and performances to write about, except the pacific championship or whatever it’s called, so it’s not surprising when they use a couple of issues with a player and manipulate them into a story. I’m just saying see it for what it is. That’s directed at everyone. I don’t normally pay much attention to NRL media stories, but it’s annoying when they stating these things as fact on local radio too.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The post was quite inaccurate, I corrected it.

Many posters continuously push the "we need forwards line" which is course bullshit, we have a very decent squad of 2nd rowers, hookers and locks. They are simply attempting to make it appear that we are in a far worse continue in regards to needing forwards (all forwards) than we really are.

If (yes, it is an "IF") SST works out then realistically we need 1 decent prop, of course 2 would be nice. Not anywhere near as drastic a situation as many want to post.

Always a Bulldog
Thanks captain correction, if I took all the redundancy out of your comments, all that would be left,would be the word Bulldog

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way Foxx gets out of Belmore early IMO

Foxx & RFM Swap Deal for the following options from the supposed interested parties

Eels - RCG & Paulo
........ (won't happen - they may offer one with another option though but I doubt it).
Possibility IMO - 25%

Knights - Daniel & Jacob Safiti
- Interestingly, if Gus is big on these 2 and they want to come then he announces Jacob for 25 after Nov 1 and then agitates to get them both in return for 24 by sending Foxx & RFM over in return. Possibility IMO - 50%

Tigers - Stefano Utoikamanu & Shawn Blore
(personally I would seriously consider this as both are good young forwards on the way up and this is probably a very balanced deal swap value wise - Utoikamanu is a gun and Blore is a solid player who IMO isbetter suited to Middle & both Gus & CC have dealt with him at Penrith). Possibility IMO - 70% Based on the fact that Stefano was looking to activate a get out clause recently & then Blore was all but done to get to the Storm in a swap deal with Olam until a last minute hold up - that hold up could be the Foxx being available.

Dragons - They have fuck all in the way of props to offer us so its a big fuck off from me as Hunt won't come to us as he has said he is going back to QLD.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Foxx & RFM Swap Deal for the following options from the supposed interested parties

Eels - RCG & Paulo
........ (won't happen - they may offer one with another option though but I doubt it).
Possibility IMO - 25%

- Interestingly, if Gus is big on these 2 and they want to come then he announces Jacob for 25 after Nov 1 and then agitates to get them both in return for 24 by sending Foxx & RFM over in return. Possibility IMO - 50%

(personally I would seriously consider this as both are good young forwards on the way up and this is probably a very balanced deal swap value wise - Utoikamanu is a gun and Blore is a solid player who IMO isbetter suited to Middle & both Gus & CC have dealt with him at Penrith). Possibility IMO - 70% Based on the fact that Stefano was looking to activate a get out clause recently & then Blore was all but done to get to the Storm in a swap deal with Olam until a last minute hold up - that hold up could be the Foxx being available.

Dragons - They have fuck all in the way of props to offer us so its a big fuck off from me as Hunt won't come to us as he has said he is going back to QLD.
Daniel Saifiti and Blore only 2 I can see their respective clubs letting go. Blore not needed with Curran signing and Daniel Saifiti not good enough on big money and long term deal which makes it almost impossible to get a deal done (chipping in salary %, Knight most likely wouldn't agree on a number that would make sense for us) even if you wanted to take the risk.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stefano would be nice - didn’t realise he had a get out clause, we should definitely dangle a carrot there… Stefano and Saifiti or similar would be a game changer for us.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eels - RCG & Paulo
Possibility IMO - 25%

fukin leave the Fox alone...don't want to swap him...he is an integral member on and off the field...

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't need forwards, out of the 6 (in the 13) we need 1 prop, we don't need 5 (other forwards).
We don't need forwards, out of the 9 (in the 17) we need 1 maybe 2 props, we don't need 7 (other forwards).

I'm completely over simplistic posts that claim "we need forwards" when the facts is we don't. We need a prop, maybe 2, we don't need 2nd rowers, hookers or locks. It's contagious, every time a 2nd rower or lock is mentioned the rant "we need forwards" kicks in.

Always a Bulldog
I’d agree a couple of big middles ie props, would do nicely and needed. However I just feel that the club seems more focussed on smaller utilities….if u can believe all the (social) media speculation. I think it’s probably somewhat a function of the dearth of such “big middle” talent available at the mo.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club will announce the signings of more utilities soon. Gus will gush about the pathways before announcing Papali'i, Skelton, Pehram, BBO, Edwards and Patolo will all be trained in the off season as additional utilities. Gus and CC will then rave about the talent and skills of Curran, Taffe, Hutcho etc re Pehram '23'.