SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus on 100% footy said "he's been bought to play fullback". This was after Taaffe signing. Gus does like a lie, so maybe he won't play fullback, but it makes sense when you consider other factors.
Before signing taffe I would’ve said Crichton fullback 100%.
now that we signed taffe and the way Crichton played the GF surely he stays a centre and taffe fullback.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before signing taffe I would’ve said Crichton fullback 100%.
now that we signed taffe and the way Crichton played the GF surely he stays a centre and taffe fullback.
I agree.
Crichton might get a shot at FB but I reckon we are better served with Taaffe at FB and Crichton in the centres, if our halves can use them effectively.

Taaffe chiming in from FB is more potent than Crichton. He's also faster.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we are paying Luai 1mil with the expectation to form a poor man’s Munster and Hughes combination with Burton then we would be spending more than what the storm are probably paying for those guys.
Luai is not a halfback. Jason Ryles played halfback as a junior, Dave Taylor played 5/8. Who cares if Luai was a half as a kid, he hasn’t proven he’s a half in grade to demand the money of a top tier halfback. If we are spending that money Luai is rumoured to be chasing it needs to be spent on someone who is proven as a halfback. Wait for the right player and keep adding pieces to the puzzle.
Joey said Luai is the backup singer, and I’d have to agree with him. Average 5/8s have won comps next to high level halves. Sean Rudder has a ring but he was playing next to Joey and had a good forward pack laying the platform. Similar to Penrith, take away cleary and their pack and see how Luai is, unproven. He won’t have the forwards, time and control around him he is used to. Then we will be stuck with the contract for next 4 or so years

Maybe we just have to get a "3rd party sponsor" to buy them both a boat, thats a Storm thing, right? And then, "what use is a boat, without a brand new car to pull it?" Another "3rd party", of course... :sweatsmile:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe we just have to get a "3rd party sponsor" to buy them both a boat, thats a Storm thing, right? And then, "what use is a boat, without a brand new car to pull it?" Another "3rd party", of course... :sweatsmile:
Plus we can set up relatives with 6 figure jobs emptying ashtrays at Uncle Arthur's pubs....

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's starting fullback, it's not hard to understand :tearsofjoy:
He might start at fullback because Ciraldo has always made shit decisions but even you can see that Crichton is a better center then fullback.
Taafe is a far better option at setting up players because our halves are so shit!
In my honest opinion Crichton cant play fullback he offers way too much at centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He might start at fullback because Ciraldo has always made shit decisions but even you can see that Crichton is a better center then fullback.
Taafe is a far better option at setting up players because our halves are so shit!
In my honest opinion Crichton cant play fullback he offers way too much at centre.
I would never buy Crichton to play fullback but we have so we're here and we're going to have to give him a run. Taaffe is average and is more likely to start in the halves than at fullback.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
keary would probs retire in a few years
I’m hoping Roosters don’t resign him for 2025, we offer him 2-3 years, Roosters let him go early for 2024 . His experience and class would be perfect for us and the young halves coming through the juniors.
Luai can go to the Tigers.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you think there’s a chance Taffe will compete for the halfback position in the off season? Wilson fullback? Kiraz and let’s Trott on the wing, Critta and Bruno in the centres?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do you think there’s a chance Taffe will compete for the halfback position in the off season? Wilson fullback? Kiraz and let’s Trott on the wing, Critta and Bruno in the centres?
Xerri?

Status
Not open for further replies.