Religious Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Q: What would happen if all the deeply religious people suddenly went to heaven?
A: Peace on earth...
Another one who believes that Religons are responsible for all the wars, do some research mate
Continually suppressing the truth will destroy anyone's brain. Having worked in the media for 20 years are you sure that you are still able to reason. .

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one who believes that Religons are responsible for all the wars, do some research mate
Continually suppressing the truth will destroy anyone's brain. Having worked in the media for 20 years are you sure that you are still able to reason. .
Yes it's a generalisation, but most of the world conflicts throughout the centuries have been religiously based or justified whether you like it or not.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I make out of what you posted is that you believe everything the Murdoch Press tells you.
Please be honest are you sure all what the Murdoch Press reportered about Trump and the American was all true.
Since there always 2 sides to any story, are you sure that the Murdoch press does not( PICK OUT) the parts that Murdoch only wants to show the public.
I was being derogatory about Murdock when I said they "Find" news aka skew or at times exaggerate a story for the sake of rating$.
They are for the most part one of the least trustworthy news organisations I have ever come across.
Dollars first truth second is the Murdock mantra.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I heard that the investigation are still going on, I PERSONALLY had an experience where the investigating police came to see me 500 km away to ask me about a man who alegedly took his 10 year old daughter to my property (at that time I had several dissused buldings) to have sex with his daughter, For along time 2-3 years I thought that the police had dropd the case, but eventually I was called to giv evidence which turned to be useless anyway..
Are you one of those who would want the Bishop was tried convicted and hung even if he was inocent. their are plenty of those.
Hold on. Go back and read in the thread how this works. He's been accused by his employer. For yonks. They cannot finalise their investigation until he responds. He is refusing to respond. The police now have the Vatican report and are working through the other 50 or so possible victims.

Standards for your employer vs court are very different. His employers look like they are supporting pedos. If this was a child care franchise, he'd have been gone years ago. And yet, this theme is a trend. A very long trend.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's a generalisation, but most of the world conflicts throughout the centuries have been religiously based or justified whether you like it or not.
I know that many people want to blame God or Religions, for most of the wars which is the reason they blame and deny God.
Before you go off without thinking. You should get your facts right Mr Grunthos,
World war 1 was about getting another Countries realistate, their were Catholics and Protistants on both sides.
World war 2 was the same, I believe it was a continuation of WW1.
The curent Russia V Ukrane. their Both Eastern orthodox "EXORCIST' Religion just ask him.
The Irish conflit is as a result of the much more powerfull English using their power to anex part of Irland, By the way would you want another country to anex any part of our deserts.
The recent Irak V Iran war was about realistate, since they were all Muslims.
To find a war which may have been caused by Religion I have to go back to the Crucaders, 1000 years ago. (but I'm not even sure about that as well).
BTW, when Countries/People are at war they always call for help often from God even if they started it,

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Q: What would happen if all the deeply religious people suddenly went to heaven?
A: Peace on earth...
The whole world would revert back to another Sodom And Gomorah, then all the people would enjoy and live it up for a while,
But with no moral compus to guide us, all the fun would soon end in disaster, either by Gods hand or our own.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on. Go back and read in the thread how this works. He's been accused by his employer. For yonks. They cannot finalise their investigation until he responds. He is refusing to respond. The police now have the Vatican report and are working through the other 50 or so possible victims.

Standards for your employer vs court are very different. His employers look like they are supporting pedos. If this was a child care franchise, he'd have been gone years ago. And yet, this theme is a trend. A very long trend.
If he is refusing to respond to the Charges he will soon be defrocked by the Church.
I guess the hate people will now say that the Churches Clerics wont provide the police with the evidence.
It takes a bit of intelegence to know that Courts don't accept as evidence, "I know this because so and so told me".

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If he is refusing to respond to the Charges he will soon be defrocked by the Church.
I guess the hate people will now say that the Churches Clerics wont provide the police with the evidence.
It takes a bit of intelegence to know that Courts don't accept as evidence, "I know this because so and so told me".
How soon? Been 3 years since the allegations were made - by another Catholic Priest. And funny how when this all blew up in August, within a couple of weeks the Churchs report suddenly appeared.

Sorry mate - the days of the Church getting the benefit of the doubt are long gone. We saw what happened with that benefit. Never again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So in your mind the Vatican is a house for the worlds worst people
In away I might have to agree with you, because in the gospel only a few days ago, Jesus was dining with Mathew the tax collecter and other sinners and the Pharisies accused Jesus of heresy for it.
Jesus reply was I came not to call the rightous but the sinners.
BTW media reports have a massive (mostly negative) influence in on our society, thats why I take all reports with a very large grain of salt.
If the vatican is as bad as you say, perhaps we should ask you Bishop Mar Mari Emanuel to advise the Pope. .I'm sure the Pope would give him an audience.
No, it's like you purposely don't listen and just want to keep punching on over the Vatican...

It's intentions were good but greedy, power hungry humans have corrupted it.

Mar Mari purposely doesn't get involved in any Church politics and regularly calls out both the Vatican and our own Patriarchy when they drift from the Bible.

PS Mar Mari has been asking for an audience with both the Pope and Patriarch for years but of course, they deny him.... I wonder why.

He has also been trying to reunite the Holy Apostolic Church (Orthodox and Catholic) but to no avail.

PPS Kelp, you will NEVER hear me say anything about Catholics, we are both the Holy Apostolic Church, just East (me) and West (you).

We are not enemies, we need to come back together and fight the real enemy, which I'm sure you realise either we will see it or our kids will.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole world would revert back to another Sodom And Gomorah, then all the people would enjoy and live it up for a while,
But with no moral compus to guide us, all the fun would soon end in disaster, either by Gods hand or our own.
Just out of curiosity, why hasn't that happened to the atheists? Why are most atheists living good lives? Why aren't they killing each other in the street?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but,
Some of the vilest, most bigoted, corrupt, mean-spirited, cruel, morally bankrupt, self-righteous, pridefully ignorant, rapacious, pedophilic and downright hypocritical, cold-hearted soulless and arrogant bastards on the face of the planet, are usually the most pious...

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that many people want to blame God or Religions, for most of the wars which is the reason they blame and deny God.
Before you go off without thinking. You should get your facts right Mr Grunthos,
World war 1 was about getting another Countries realistate, their were Catholics and Protistants on both sides.
World war 2 was the same, I believe it was a continuation of WW1.
The curent Russia V Ukrane. their Both Eastern orthodox "EXORCIST' Religion just ask him.
The Irish conflit is as a result of the much more powerfull English using their power to anex part of Irland, By the way would you want another country to anex any part of our deserts.
The recent Irak V Iran war was about realistate, since they were all Muslims.
To find a war which may have been caused by Religion I have to go back to the Crucaders, 1000 years ago. (but I'm not even sure about that as well).
BTW, when Countries/People are at war they always call for help often from God even if they started it,
And they all claimed God was on their side...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's like you purposely don't listen and just want to keep punching on over the Vatican...

It's intentions were good but greedy, power hungry humans have corrupted it.

Mar Mari purposely doesn't get involved in any Church politics and regularly calls out both the Vatican and our own Patriarchy when they drift from the Bible.

PS Mar Mari has been asking for an audience with both the Pope and Patriarch for years but of course, they deny him.... I wonder why.

He has also been trying to reunite the Holy Apostolic Church (Orthodox and Catholic) but to no avail.

PPS Kelp, you will NEVER hear me say anything about Catholics, we are both the Holy Apostolic Church, just East (me) and West (you).

We are not enemies, we need to come back together and fight the real enemy, which I'm sure you realise either we will see it or our kids will.
When you talk of greed by members of the Church just remember that I picked up a bed from a Parishioner who was throwing it out for our Parish Priest. Only a few weeks ago he bought a 2nd hand car because his car was beyond repair
I've been told that our Churches often have discussions, it would supprise me no end, if my Church refused an oppurtunity to unite with yours considering that we share the greatest gift Jesus gave us. also, considering how hard our Church has pushed the Ecumenical movement with the protestants..
I might have to say though that my Church because of its location (WEST), is trying to be too Politically correct, in order to appease some of its members, I think you have a point.
I agree it would be beyond great for the whole Christian movement if our 2 Churches united,

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why hasn't that happened to the atheists? Why are most atheists living good lives? Why aren't they killing each other in the street?
I was refering to a society living in a world that is totally devoid of any knowledge of Christianity and its values..
Our society Hacky, is still influenced by the Christian values it was founded on, Plus My Church and the Orthodox (just watch Mar Mari Enamual presentation, also to a lesser extent some of the Protastants Churchs have pushed to uphold the Christian values whenever the need arose, such as abortion, same sex marriage, uthiansia, which is what has helped to keep matters (somewhat in check), even amongst athiests.
Trying to uphold the Christian values in our society, is the reason why my Church has made some mortal enemies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but,
Some of the vilest, most bigoted, corrupt, mean-spirited, cruel, morally bankrupt, self-righteous, pridefully ignorant, rapacious, pedophilic and downright hypocritical, cold-hearted soulless and arrogant bastards on the face of the planet, are usually the most pious...
Mate you are implying that Church goes (Christians) are far worse than non Church goes, Have you done a proper survey, BTW It was posted some time ago on this thread quoting the bible about seeing the splinter in someones else eye when you have a plank in your own eye.
It means have a good look at yourself before you judge others.
Any person who thinks like you mate, was certainly droped on his/hers head at birth. Just like the person who said that although GOD is not ------, most of his followers are arseholes.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate They may all claim that God is/was on there side, but I'm certain that if they did'nt the war would still go on
Mate you cant see that with most believers, even some non believers turn to God when under stress, and war does terrify and stress people.
If you believe that wars are caused by religions do some research mate, if you are intelectually capable of course.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They are letting the good ole Christians do that.

Also don't forget the agnostics.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate They may all claim that God is/was on there side, but I'm certain that if they did'nt the war would still go on
Mate you cant see that with most believers, even some non believers turn to God when under stress, and war does terrify and stress people.
If you believe that wars are caused by religions do some research mate, if you are intelectually capable of course.
From the 18th century on almost all major conflicts were political or territorial in nature, before that the majority (from AD onward) were mostly religious in origin or used religions an excuse, look it up if you are intellectually capable of course.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you are implying that Church goes (Christians) are far worse than non Church goes, Have you done a proper survey, BTW It was posted some time ago on this thread quoting the bible about seeing the splinter in someones else eye when you have a plank in your own eye.
It means have a good look at yourself before you judge others.
Any person who thinks like you mate, was certainly droped on his/hers head at birth. Just like the person who said that although GOD is not ------, most of his followers are arseholes.
By your condescending response, I would (and most others here in the kennel might agree) that you are probably among the aforementioned,
"Vilest, most bigoted, corrupt, mean-spirited, cruel, morally bankrupt, self-righteous, pridefully ignorant, rapacious, pedophilic and downright hypocritical, cold-hearted soulless and arrogant bastards on the face of the planet, are usually the most pious..."

And pretty obviously an Asshole.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are letting the good ole Christians do that.

Also don't forget the agnostics.
I consider agnostics and atheists to be effectively the same thing. As Atheist and Theist are categories (believing or not believing) and Agnosticism is just an acceptance that we can't know for sure.