Tpj to retire from nrl

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or we could make the most of the opportunities and defend errors. Reece Walsh has the most errors in the game and he goes all right. TPJ is far from our biggest problem
Everyone going on about TPJ’s error yet it’s so meaningless in the scheme of things. If anything exposes how crap our defense being walked through and shirt grabbing. Half the teams mentality is a weak as piss pick me boy attitude not defending the blokes dumb plays or poor fitness but he’s a scapegoat to some.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone going on about TPJ’s error yet it’s so meaningless in the scheme of things. If anything exposes how crap our defense being walked through and shirt grabbing. Half the teams mentality is a weak as piss pick me boy attitude not defending the blokes dumb plays or poor fitness but he’s a scapegoat to some.
It’s fkn strange bro. Players make errors all the time. TPJ had a run with about 25 PCM the set before. But makes an error trying to set up fox for a try and the kennel melts down. The fact Burton Kikz and fkn Thommo let gagai and gamble waltz over untouched is the problem. TPJ goes, the problem is still there

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's replacing him? As far as we know, he and Thompson are gone. I can't wait for Knight and King to start with Patolo and Hughes coming off the bench for huge impact. I was also talking about our pack, not just TPJ. It will be worse than this year's. We aren't winning shit.
Saying we won’t win shit next year is a waste of time mate .. we have no idea what the team will look like ..

With TPJ’s money and if Thompson goes, we free up nearly $1.6 million just between those 2 players alone …

We don’t need superstar props, we just need 2 or 3 powerful mongrel metre eaters, hopefully ones without the injuries and brain farts, money talks, even if we have to offer those 3 players $500k each to get them, we still have nearly $100k left over ..

Between all the other clubs inc NZ and England, with that type of money on offer we can buy 3 good props with mongrel before next season ..

Don’t panic ..

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This will make us better next year. The detrimental effect on the squad having a highly paid, “elite” player not wanting to be there always outweighs losing his input on the field. Especially where we are at the moment. You can’t have guys like that around the Club when you are trying to rebuild from the ground up.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The definition of a dud buy.
How he ever played Origin this year beggars belief.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It must massively increase the chance of resigning Thompson. If he passes a physical and takes a massive haircut it’s not a really bad idea.
Gus finds someone better.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying we won’t win shit next year is a waste of time mate .. we have no idea what the team will look like ..

With TPJ’s money and if Thompson goes, we free up nearly $1.6 million just between those 2 players alone …

We don’t need superstar props, we just need 2 or 3 powerful mongrel metre eaters, hopefully ones without the injuries and brain farts, money talks, even if we have to offer those 3 players $500k each to get them, we still have nearly $100k left over ..

Between all the other clubs inc NZ and England, with that type of money on offer we can buy 3 good props with mongrel before next season ..

Don’t panic ..
N who are the sub 500k 2 or 3 “mongrel metre eaters” who are gonna fall in our lap pal?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
N who are the sub 500k 2 or 3 “mongrel metre eaters” who are gonna fall in our lap pal?
Don’t know Fizbo, my job isn’t recruitment .. but as I said, that type of money speaks loudly … if you think with that type of money and out of all the other teams including NZ and England that we can’t find 3 metre eating big bodies that’ll jump at $500k each, then you are naive .. like most of us you probably didn’t consider SST either, plus he was under contract, they’re out there and all the money we now have should find us a couple of these types of go forward work horses … leave it up to the ones that know what they’re doing hey … and let’s revisit this chat just before next years kick of and we’ll discuss who this extra money bought for us then ..

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s fkn strange bro. Players make errors all the time. TPJ had a run with about 25 PCM the set before. But makes an error trying to set up fox for a try and the kennel melts down. The fact Burton Kikz and fkn Thommo let gagai and gamble waltz over untouched is the problem. TPJ goes, the problem is still there
100 %

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It must massively increase the chance of resigning Thompson. If he passes a physical and takes a massive haircut it’s not a really bad idea.
Gus finds someone better.
He wants to go back to England

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The most amazing fact is Freddy chose TPJ for SOO2. Chosen on spec. Chosen on what we all know he was capable of. If only. A talent that everyone can see but he himself isn't smart enough, nor our coaches smart enough to get him fit enough to punch out big minutes. Imagine if he was talked about in the same breathe as JWH or RCG or JFH or Leniu as an elite middle with late footwork, an offload, and tough. He just never learnt the game. I wish him well in boxing and glad he will go.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so what ever happened to tpj younger bro? i thought we had signed both at the same time yet afterwards never heard of him again, one site says he plays for bulldogs sg ball cup but nrl raiders page says he played for their jersey fleg team in april??

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you and boogie are right. But what annoys me about tpjand the same reason why I hate okunbor and perham is that they keep doing the same thing - dumb bullshit plays. And it’s made worse because we can’t defend.

it’s like everyone should be on restricted to “nailing down the basics” besides the spine because the rest of them need to tackle and defend before they can do any fancy pants things.

Tpj doesn’t know when it’s a good time to play outside of the “nailing down the basics” scheme, because he always seems to do a lot of dumb errors that just puts us on the back foot! It’s like origin - was it really a good idea to test an offload inside our half? And like I said before the origin blues squad is a decent team which can do the basics and they still buckled under the pressure.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who's replacing him? As far as we know, he and Thompson are gone. I can't wait for Knight and King to start with Patolo and Hughes coming off the bench for huge impact. I was also talking about our pack, not just TPJ. It will be worse than this year's. We aren't winning shit.
Time will tell if we can or can not replace players who are leaving...
In any case who ever replaces the overpaid pretenders will put much better efforts for a lot less.