Sexton

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Karl O could be a really good 5/8 with SexBOMB at 7.. I think its worth trying Burto at FB (or possibly centre).. hes a good mover, great defender, is quick, has the link passing game and can kick... and would mean he can inject himself without the pressure of playmaking which clearly he has shown over 2 years hes extremely inconsistent.. also we should be chasing hard for Piakura.. Bronx cant keep everyone.. Backline for Round 1 next year:
1. Burto
2. Wilson
3. Critta
4. Xerri
5. Foxx
6. Karl O
7. SexBOMB

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice deflection of incorrect comments
Put all the dickhead know it alls on ignore mate. You’ll be better for it. Nothing but juvenile shit talking by a lot on here. Sexton was under contract until Gus set his sights on working on getting Titans to release him. Honestly it still amazes me they let him go, but you know Gus, he would have said something along the lines of the kid should be playing first grade and we can give him that. They chose Boyd over him lol.

As for the dumb carnt comments re: Karl, Gus jumped on an opportunity, just like with Dufty, Vaughan, TPJ? and several others. He clearly wasn’t happy with Brisbane and was a very good young prospect. It’s slightly concerning how quickly he snaps someone up, only to move them on months later, but he usually gets it right. With Karl, the kids all joke about how he was bought as a half and now he’s a lock according to Gus. Who tf cares?! He’s a promising kid that can play a number of positions. He’s about 4 years younger than Sexton, so a lot can change when Karl gets more experienced. And who tf doesn’t want several options in spine positions?! Nah, but these juvenile morons think it’s comedy gold. Mind boggling stuff.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion on KO is he has a good fend and strength to break tackle. Especially on 1 on 1 situation. Not sure hes suited to be in the middle. At least not the the typical middle player running in traffic.

On sexton, boyd getting picked in front of him imo is a reflection of bad judgement on titans coaching. From what i have seen, i dont see quality in boyd to say he should be the auto select hb for titans. May be attitude or issues in sexton game that i havent seen.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My opinion on KO is he has a good fend and strength to break tackle. Especially on 1 on 1 situation. Not sure hes suited to be in the middle. At least not the the typical middle player running in traffic.

On sexton, boyd getting picked in front of him imo is a reflection of bad judgement on titans coaching. From what i have seen, i dont see quality in boyd to say he should be the auto select hb for titans. May be attitude or issues in sexton game that i havent seen.
Boyd is a footballer.. very underrated and still only 23.

He and Sex would be about the same money so they had to choose one and considering Holbrook brought Sex over he was a gonna..

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
KO didn't get the chance to play 5/8 behind a "functioning" forward pack. That spot could still be his best. Too early to tell. But thankfully Burto got a "functioning" 7 to work with. He is limited as well as KO but CC probably won't be switching him to FB or centre any time this century even if it looks obvious to do so to us lol :grinning:

Hopefully the current halves pairing keep improving together.

Reactions: ATT

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My question is, if Gus always saw KO as a lock then why the fuck did he buy Salmon; identifying him as a lock?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My question is, if Gus always saw KO as a lock then why the fuck did he buy Salmon; identifying him as a lock?
Salmon has filled in multiple positions, as has Wade Graham in his career (the player he compared him too).

We cannot put our eggs in one basket - we need depth in multiple positions - which is something we severely missed this year. Next man up for us in the forwards was Okunbur - no offence to the bloke, he had some decent games in the middle - but he is not a FT or starting middle.

If we can turn him into a quality 14 that can cover a lot spots - then he is not a threat to the starting 13 (if KO takes his opportunities).

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put all the dickhead know it alls on ignore mate. You’ll be better for it. Nothing but juvenile shit talking by a lot on here. Sexton was under contract until Gus set his sights on working on getting Titans to release him. Honestly it still amazes me they let him go, but you know Gus, he would have said something along the lines of the kid should be playing first grade and we can give him that. They chose Boyd over him lol.

As for the dumb carnt comments re: Karl, Gus jumped on an opportunity, just like with Dufty, Vaughan, TPJ? and several others. He clearly wasn’t happy with Brisbane and was a very good young prospect. It’s slightly concerning how quickly he snaps someone up, only to move them on months later, but he usually gets it right. With Karl, the kids all joke about how he was bought as a half and now he’s a lock according to Gus. Who tf cares?! He’s a promising kid that can play a number of positions. He’s about 4 years younger than Sexton, so a lot can change when Karl gets more experienced. And who tf doesn’t want several options in spine positions?! Nah, but these juvenile morons think it’s comedy gold. Mind boggling stuff.
I started doing that mate, but there’s to many of them …

I’ve decided to instead have some fun and call them out on their BS and do what you mentioned, enjoy the comedy gold ..

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You should get some facts right before you comment .

Listen to Gus podcast on the 2nd August .

He speaks about Salmon , how he played in junior teams with his son , was always a talent and at some of his career was going to sign him

He’s been floating around panthers as a utility but identified as a right sided back rower and a chance to take that next step of his career in that position

Also , KarlO might eventually find himself as a lock forward but the kid is 19 next year and is no where near ready physically for a starting 13

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because Gus has realised that he signed a player who is more trouble than first realised

There is a reason the Broncos let him go

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO likely to agitate for a release if he doesn't get what he wants so it's just a matter of developing him and seeing what happens.. just don't pick him if he's not up to it and everything else will work itself out.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Gus has realised that he signed a player who is more trouble than first realised

There is a reason the Broncos let him go
That’s harsh … whatever happened at the Bronco’s might have gone south, (probably both club & player/management fault) that happens from time to time …… but from what I’ve read and noticed since he signed with us, he’s been humble, the feed back is he gets stuck in at training, fitted in well and gone about his business quietly …

Whats he done since Brisbane to warrant the Gus has realised he’s signed nothing but trouble comments?

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s harsh … whatever happened at the Bronco’s might have gone south, (probably both club & player/management fault) that happens from time to time …… but from what I’ve read and noticed since he signed with us, he’s been humble, the feed back is he gets stuck in at training, fitted in well and gone about his business quietly …

Whats he done since Brisbane to warrant the Gus has realised he’s signed nothing but trouble comments?
What you read and hear online is puff pieces put out by the clubs (they put out what fans want to hear)

The public hasn't got a clue what goes on behind closed doors, though you can read between the lines once players are not seen and dropped because of "injuries"

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you read and hear online is puff pieces put out by the clubs (they put out what fans want to hear)

The public hasn't got a clue what goes on behind closed doors, though you can read between the lines once players are not seen and dropped because of "injuries"
I’m not 12 … I get how clubs, the media and online shit works, but thanks for the edu anyway.

You are public as well, what clue do you have about what goes on behind closed doors, do you work there ?

Reading between the lines can give you many different scenarios, doesn’t matter which one you decide to settle on unless you were involved in the actual discussions it’s just speculation .. One of those scenarios may have been that he was just injured !

The point you were trying to make is Gus realises Karl’s a trouble maker, what trouble has he caused since being with us ?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Who cares about them mate. Unfortunately their comments seem to be a reflection of something going on in their lives. I couldn’t care less.

Trust me, they’ll be getting a box full of eggs thrown on their faces over the next couple of years. And they will be on the band wagon when we come good praising Gus and CC and will quickly forget how much they rubbished them when the whole club needed our support.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not 12 … I get how clubs, the media and online shit works, but thanks for the edu anyway.

You are public as well, what clue do you have about what goes on behind closed doors, do you work there ?

Reading between the lines can give you many different scenarios, doesn’t matter which one you decide to settle on unless you were involved in the actual discussions it’s just speculation .. One of those scenarios may have been that he was just injured !

The point you were trying to make is Gus realises Karl’s a trouble maker, what trouble has he caused since being with us ?
Your ignorance is scintillating

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a top 30, not top 17, as was evident from this year. We could be right in the hunt for the top 8 with better depth and I think the club has identified that.
Depth yes but also you would be stupid to be going into the next few years for such an important position without a back up plan. I am sure he would do the same if another HB was available. Why I think we signed Taafe, backup FB if Critta doesn't cut it.

Also I am not sure KO, who will be 19 will be ready week in week out. Salmon gives us insurance while he is developing.

More people would be whining if we went into next year with just KO as lock, and should be.