Official Gus on Twitter

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They lost that game because of Cody Walker MIA/no impact and rookie winger dropping the ball 5 times in open space. They would of lost by more if it wasn't for Latrell.
Come on, that's just cope

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy:

Thats why I said poor man’s Inglis.. GI was the real deal, Fatrell is a drama queen Jenny Craig prospect that lives off some natural talent without putting in the effort that real champions do.

He has a chip on his shoulder the size of VW and is way overrated by most so called footy experts and commentators.

Very selfish player and I am glad he is not a Bulldog.
It’s quite funny at the time people said Inglis used to bludge (sometimes he did I guess) but if that’s the standard Lattrell isn’t 1% of Inglis ability haha

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thompson finishes strong I can see us offering a 1 year deal for him around $400k - $500k

King, SST, TPJ, Thompson, Harrison, Patalo is a decent middle rotation, especially if they are looking a Murray style 13

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good lord, he’s had two troubled seasons. I struggle to see how next year will be his breakout season. Poor guy just had an unlucky run these last 2 years
He has.

And I may be wrong - last years' were mainly due to concussion, and this years are more muscular, soft tissue.

Unlucky is definitely the word to be using here.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Suspensions/injuries etc aside when he has played he hasn’t proved value for money.

If the club wants to take a chance on him for next year it needs to be bare minimum in length and salary. We have more than enough over paid under performers sucking up spots and cap.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Thompson finishes strong I can see us offering a 1 year deal for him around $400k - $500k

King, SST, TPJ, Thompson, Harrison, Patalo is a decent middle rotation, especially if they are looking a Murray style 13
I think also they will plan on putting some kg on Olapu in the off season to play lock going off Gus's comments

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For me there’s a big question mark over SST, will he be durable/seasoned enough to stand up to a full season … being out for a while he’s going to need a huge pre season … they’ll need to really manage that work load correctly or he won’t even get on the field …

TPJ or Thompson get injured or suspended early and we’re going backwards again like this year …

Would like to see us add 2 more cheap Tolman like powerful work horses …

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me there’s a big question mark over SST, will he be durable/seasoned enough to stand up to a full season … being out for a while he’s going to need a huge pre season … they’ll need to really manage that work load correctly or he won’t even get on the field …

TPJ or Thompson get injured or suspended early and we’re going backwards again like this year …

Would like to see us add 2 more cheap Tolman like powerful work horses …
There is a huge question mark over the fitness and durability of a lot of our squad. Agree we need more depth in the middle even if it’s cheap workhorse good defensive middles.

I think the biggest issue is our fitness / strength and conditioning off season program that needs to be audited in a sense. Is what we are doing causing injuries. I know we look less fit than basically every team we play throughout the year. What do we do differently?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has made himself available, But is he really ready ???
That's what I'm wondering. Yes he played NSW cup last start, but with him being out for so long it's interesting language chosen by Gus. You would think it's we are making him play

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

With SST on a reported $500k then that's kinda a bench mark price by comparison. Can't see LT accepting anything less than $550k? (but he should really).