Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they’ll block it. The NRL doesn’t want the bulldogs to succeed.
It’s ok for the storm and roosters to give there players all sorts of handouts, but no, not the dogs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You don't :grinning:
Then who was that I saw on Saturday night.
A doppelgänger? A hologram?
Whatever happens in the future happens but that doesn’t change that you posted that he’d played his last game for the Dogs and his injury earlier this year was a smokescreen (which didn’t turn out that way):

IMG_6756.jpeg

Malla

Reaction score
Then who was that I saw on Saturday night.
A doppelgänger? A hologram?
Whatever happens in the future happens but that doesn’t change that you posted that he’d played his last game for the Dogs and his injury earlier this year was a smokescreen (which didn’t turn out that way):

View attachment 76120
Nawww another forum member doing a bit of research :grinning:
This forum has an apparent obsession over me, I am flattered :grinning: :grinning: keep it coming!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This forum has an apparent obsession over me, I am flattered :grinning: :grinning: keep it coming!
Does it? I wouldn’t know. I just tip that your prediction re: Laundy will go the same way your TPJ ‘mail’ did.

But be sure to let us know the next time you plan to open your mouth to change feet :-).

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub – in a controversial ploy to secure the Maroons’ powerhouse.

The Bulldogs have prepared a groundbreaking deal, which includes a share in a pub, to lure Titan Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to Canterbury - a move which could have major salary cap implications.

We revealed in this column last weekend that Titans captain and his barnstorming teammate David Fifita were free agents following the sacking of coach Justin Holbrook.

The Bulldogs’ interest for next year and beyond is an intriguing story around the salary cap.

The club’s major sponsors, the Laundy family, have been in contact with NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo to get approval for their plan to offer Fa’asuamaleaui an investment opportunity in one of their 30 pubs across NSW - on top of his contract.

It is similar to what Melbourne Storm did last year when a number of their stars were off contract and in huge demand from rival clubs.

Chairman Matt Tripp sought - and was granted - approval for the players to be offered investment opportunities in his bookmaking firm Betr.

Arthur Laundy has confirmed he has stepped in to help Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo to sign quality players with the pub ploy.

“It’s harder for clubs lower on the table like Canterbury and the Wests Tigers in recruitment,” he said.

“Some players will take less to try to win a competition at the stronger teams.

“That’s what we’re up against and that’s why I’m helping out.

“We’ve got to lure them in with a deal that no-one else can do.”

Laundy is so passionate about making a difference at the Bulldogs and offering assistance to players.

“You don’t want young players wasting their money on flash cars,” Laundy said.

“Their lives are back to front. Instead of doing a course and making good money in five years, footballers earn big money from the start.

“But what do they do with it? Some of them are so young.”

The billionaire hotel tycoon even says he can guarantee a 10 to 12 per cent annual return for players wanting to invest in his pubs.

And he’s even offering a money-back guarantee.

“If something was to go wrong, I’ve got enough money to guarantee them their money back,” he said.

“If they want out at the end to get married, to buy a house, I’ll buy them out.

“I’m very determined to make this work and help out Canterbury.”

Whether this is enough to convince Fa’asuamaleaui to join his old teammate Toby Sexton at Belmore remains to be seen.

And whether fans from rival clubs think it’s an unfair enticement remains to be seen.

We spoke to Fa’asuamaleaui’s agent Simon Mammino over the weekend.

“Clubs are reaching out but we’re leaving it alone until after Origin,” Mammino said.

“There was anger and emotion at first. Then he cooled down and we’ve got three months to solve it. “He’s a leader and a humble man who won’t play it out in the media.”

Apart from Canterbury, another option is Melbourne Storm, who have expressed a strong interest.

However you get the impression that the Titans are favourites.

“Tino’s preference is to stay at the titans,” Mammino said, “He was close to Justin but he is also very close with his teammates. He wants to win a comp with this group. To move away from family would be a big call for him although it doesn’t mean he won’t go.”

Fifita will also wait until after Origin to make a call on his future.

At least three clubs, including the Canberra Raiders, have reached out.
I’d take him and let tpj go.tino plays hard doesn’t take a step back wards.has some mongrel about him. We need some aggression up front.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d take him and let tpj go.tino plays hard doesn’t take a step back wards.has some mongrel about him. We need some aggression up front.
And consistent controlled aggression from one game to the next.

Malla

Reaction score
Does it? I wouldn’t know. I just tip that your prediction re: Laundy will go the same way your TPJ ‘mail’ did.

But be sure to let us know the next time you plan to open your mouth to change feet :-).
I probably won't need to with researchers like yourself on this forum :grinning:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m interested how the NRL would value this deal. The true value to Tino is an income stream post retirement plus the residual benefits of working closely with a successful businessman.