Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People on the Kennel dont understand why Perham and Okunbor get selected. The answer is really simple.
Theres nobody that is any better. Dont tell me to promote kids. They are not NRL ready.
Okunbur isn't a FG forward. I'd rather have literally anyone else than him. Yes our forward depth sucks but Okunbur is a total liability in defence and has one of the worst tackling techniques I've seen from a forward in a long time.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbur isn't a FG forward. I'd rather have literally anyone else than him. Yes our forward depth sucks but Okunbur is a total liability in defence and has one of the worst tackling techniques I've seen from a forward in a long time.
I agree on this point but I do think he’s a really good utility option, can fill most positions in a team.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbur is a total liability in defence and has one of the worst tackling techniques I've seen from a forward in a long time.
Needs to drive in with his shoulder and make strong contact, perennial arm grabber - maybe the wrestling stuff is getting out of hand? Blokes using arms instead of shoulders…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree on this point but I do think he’s a really good utility option, can fill most positions in a team.
If he's playing 15-20 minutes a game then it's not so bad. But he can't be playing 80 minutes on an edge as his defence gets so badly exposed and teams are specifically targeting him now. I've defended Ciraldo a lot this season, but I can't make sense of this at all..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's playing 15-20 minutes a game then it's not so bad. But he can't be playing 80 minutes on an edge as his defence gets so badly exposed and teams are specifically targeting him now. I've defended Ciraldo a lot this season, but I can't make sense of this at all..
I think Ciro was aiming for the bigger body and leg drive but anyone of Topine, Edwards, Morrin or Waddell would have been better options….particularly defensively.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good to see that some are starting to see what some have been pointing out for a while now :grinning: Ciro needs to fix his selections and it seriously looks like we could have a better performing team out there if he stopped picking the known duds and what looks like his favs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he was training up Patolo.
Gotta get back to the pre season mentality when we flogged the Raiders

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That has fallen by the wayside as time passes as no team can maintain form with continually chasing their tail covering for duds and non-effort mistake riddled players. It affects morale for the good players trying to cover for them and eventually fizzling out through injury and fatigue. That is a big factor at present. The SOO guys coming back might inject some enthusiasm and skill.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People on the Kennel dont understand why Perham and Okunbor get selected. The answer is really simple.
Theres nobody that is any better. Dont tell me to promote kids. They are not NRL ready.
The cattle sucks, Preston is out playing the seasoned first graders. That is where we are at, it’s a trip down the mines to unearth some more gems like Preston.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You mean when we flogged the Raiders NSWCup team, they rested over a dozen NRL players. Dogs only rested Kikau & TPJ.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how Perham and Okunbur keep their spots.. At least Morrin is starting and Topine gets a run on the bench.
I'm confused also .
Mostly with Perham.
What's the coaching staff seeing in his game that we are not seeing.
And, if everyone behind him are worse options, then they must be really bad.

Okonbor on the other hand.
I use to rag on him all the time, and still worry when he is on the wing.

But as a forward, all things considered I feel he is filling in fine given the circumstances.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm confused also .
Mostly with Perham.
What's the coaching staff seeing in his game that we are not seeing.
And, if everyone behind him are worse options, then they must be really bad.

Okonbor on the other hand.
I use to rag on him all the time, and still worry when he is on the wing.

But as a forward, all things considered I feel he is filling in fine given the circumstances.
Perham being selected for the last month is simply a pride thing from Ciraldud. We had a winning formula with Averillo at fb last season and he thought putting Perham there would be some kindve masterstroke. It’s blown up in his face and is now too embarrassed to admit it by dropping him

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wilson in for Handbrake, Skelton in for Knockonmor.

They can't be worse even if they try.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At least up to this point we've been getting smashed by good teams. Losing against the Knights is gonna hit hard.
This game is basically a Burton VS Ponga matchup and whoever has the better game will likely lead the team to victory. The only other real deciding factor could the edge battle of Averillo/Kiraz and Best/Marzhew.

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This game is basically a Burton VS Ponga matchup and whoever has the better game will likely lead the team to victory. The only other real deciding factor could the edge battle of Averillo/Kiraz and Best/Marzhew.
If Burton decides to actually run then we should win. But for some reason he doesn't like running, even when his running game is far better than that flukey bomb that works once in every 20 kicks.