Terrible reffing

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon most people agree with me. Explain how it isn't a double movement? Does he not lift his arm off the ground after a defender had a hold of him short of the line?
He doesn't stop moving plus his body end up over the line through momentum. He is more than entitled to maneuver the ball.

Either u don't know the rules or your drunk on emotion.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He doesn't stop moving plus his body end up over the line through momentum. He is more than entitled to maneuver the ball.

How is he entitled to when he's initially short and he has a defender on him? You can't lift your arm again in that situation. I suggest you read the rule book because you clearly have no idea what a double movement is

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have watched tonight we have been given a lot of 50/50s.
We are being beaten by an NRL forward pack, a game managing half and a fullback that keeps showing up in important attacking positions.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are so bad
We are easily the worst team in the comp. This is really getting hard to swallow now. We don’t even look like a first grade team.
We can’t even play basic footy. I’d be happy with 5 good hit ups with players in motion and a good kick on the back of every set. This is getting out of hand now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It's a bit more vague than everyone is making out. If the ball would have ended up in goals without movement then it's fine. If the ball would have ended up behind the line without him promoting it then it's a double movement.

I will need to watch it again to say for sure, but it looked like he pulled his arm over the line without his body moving. Which would make it a double movement. But as I said, would need to watch again because human memory is shit, especially mine.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a bit more vague than everyone is making out. If the ball would have ended up in goals without movement then it's fine. If the ball would have ended up behind the line without him promoting it then it's a double movement.

I will need to watch it again to say for sure, but it looked like he pulled his arm over the line without his body moving. Which would make it a double movement. But as I said, would need to watch again because human memory is shit, especially mine.

Lol nothing vague about it.

1. he doesnt stop moving
2. he is allowed to drag the ball back to his body if he is over the line.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is he entitled to when he's initially short and he has a defender on him? You can't lift your arm again in that situation. I suggest you read the rule book because you clearly have no idea what a double movement is
1. he is still moving/momentum/tackle not complete.
2. more than entiltled to bring ball to body NOT promoting ball away from body.

This aint the 80's mate...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. he is still moving/momentum/tackle not complete.
2. more than entiltled to bring ball to body NOT promoting ball away from body.

This aint the 80's mate...
He did promote the ball away from his body. In the second movement. It doesn't matter what era it was. The rule has always been the same.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolutely not. One of the most important lessons in life is to have accountability for your actions and results. It is a loser mentality to consistently blame others for your short comings.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol nothing vague about it.

1. he doesnt stop moving
2. he is allowed to drag the ball back to his body if he is over the line.
Nah, that's not the rule. The rule is, and I quote:

"If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball
"

It doesn't matter if the player's body ends over the line. The ball carrying arm must have also had the momentum to end up over the line or its a no try.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunker killed us....and Pangirl.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely not. One of the most important lessons in life is to have accountability for your actions and results. It is a loser mentality to consistently blame others for your short comings.
I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the loss. We would have gotten smashed regardless. There were some shocking decisions for both sides. How they disallowed that last Sivo try is beyond me.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the loss. We would have gotten smashed regardless. There were some shocking decisions for both sides. How they disallowed that last Sivo try is beyond me.
True. Agree with you.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, that's not the rule. The rule is, and I quote:

"If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball"

It doesn't matter if the player's body ends over the line. The ball carrying arm must have also had the momentum to end up over the line or its a no try.

You sure you're reading that right or is this a dead set G up?

"If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area (Penisinis Body over the try line), it will NOT be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line REGARDLESS of any SUBSEQUENT MOVEMENT of the ball or the arm carrying the ball"

Consider the balls natural possession by a ball carrier and you'll find where you are confused.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes its all the referee's fault, he missed 54 tackles, did a dozen shit kick,s and let in 34 points