Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when you think this administration couldn’t get any worse…. BOOOOM…. What an absolute disgrace! Soon players will be running out with helmets. There’s no doubt if this was one of our players he would be out for at least 6 weeks, but some players are protected and it’s becoming more and more apparent the nrLOL only cares about their revenue!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It makes no sense does it,

So frustrating
This is the reason so many people have turned away from the game.
I get and accept injuries from accidents. Even a high tackle that bounces off the ball or chest can be an accident and can knock someone out and is not necessarily malicious.

Coming in with a raised elbow on the other hand.... from a known grub...... And he gets off in back to back games almost with a $3500 fine.... one hit resulted in a HIA and the other in a badly broken jaw.... Yet someone that comes in contacts someone in the chest and it bounces up and hits them in the jaw and that gets 3+ weeks. I know which one needs to be stamped out..... and its not an accidental hit.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if its good enough for tino to do it, then its good enough for everyone else to lead with the forearm elbow square into tinos face, bloke is getting grubbier every week

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wow just shows Origin is sacrosanct. Having him available for origin more important than the rules of the game. They couldn't even charge him as loading would have meant he missed a game. They also came out straight away as pressure would have built over the weekend to ban him, just ant people to forget it. All tall players just need to lead with their forearms now. If it wasn't for origin surely he gets 1-2 weeks minimum. Surely Haas and co have got the message they can do anything this weekend and it wont matter.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney one was worse than this. You actually see the raised forearm

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Slater and his kung-fu bomb catching technique was also deemed "nothing to see here" although he was studding defenders in the throat.
Favoured player.

No question that sh*t from Slater 100% illegal but they let him get away with it

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Just when you think this administration couldn’t get any worse…. BOOOOM…. What an absolute disgrace! Soon players will be running out with helmets. There’s no doubt if this was one of our players he would be out for at least 6 weeks, but some players are protected and it’s becoming more and more apparent the nrLOL only cares about their revenue!
Yep the administration of "the greatest game of all" continue to surprise ... but not in a good way

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn, I didn’t know the jaw wasn’t part of your head. Thanks for that
Last I checked - I’m not a doctor though - the jaw is part of the head
The upper jaw, but not the lower, is part of the skull

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The upper jaw, but not the lower, is part of the skull

Damn man you should write to the NRL and tell them contact to the lower jaw shouldn’t be deemed high contact.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna see more of this type of contact. They have banned shoulder charges and players are afraid to go around the legs and waist for fear of accidentally being rubbed out for a hip drop. End result is that the defenders head ends up in the wrong place as the defenders are aiming around the ball carrying region.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to be able to raise your forearm, where is needs a closer look is when the attacker extends it into the defender's head with any amount of force. Where it used to get even uglier is when players use to also lead more with an elbow, which is an absolute weapon.

League is a dangerous body contact sport, so there will always be injuries especially when a guy 6ft 5in changes into much shorter players - I'm amazed Mahoney doesn't get concussed more often the way he puts his body on the line with his legs tackles.