Official Karl’s in baby.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the game to debut him. Opposition whose main strength is their physicality and a wild, windy and wet afternoon in the Gong. Better to do it next week at Magic round in Brisbane against Raiders, 6pm Friday game, back home in Brisbane, Raiders are in a mess given Whighton news, and hopefully a dry(er) track. Anyway, let's see how he goes, I am sure he will blow away what Falnno or JR have to offer.
The surface of Suncorp will tear up pretty badly, and likely will cause injuries. I think we're first up, so should be better than the teams who play last.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the game to debut him. Opposition whose main strength is their physicality and a wild, windy and wet afternoon in the Gong. Better to do it next week at Magic round in Brisbane against Raiders, 6pm Friday game, back home in Brisbane, Raiders are in a mess given Whighton news, and hopefully a dry(er) track. Anyway, let's see how he goes, I am sure he will blow away what Falnno or JR have to offer.
Should just wait til the bye to debut him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No his a big boy let him at them now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not ideal to step up during a massive injury crisis. But win lose or draw, I hope he just goes out and gives it his best and has at least a few good moments he can enjoy.

The amount of hype surrounding him is no advantage for him. He's joining a young halves pairing already under some pressure. So I hope he doesn't cop massive amounts of criticism here if he makes some mistakes. His first handful of games might not be great, but hopefully we are seeing the first days of a future NRL star. We've actually thought this way before. Wakeham was rated pretty highly early on just like Mbye before him. Have patience and hope he exceeds the quality they delivered.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the contrary...
He gets this game with plenty of excuses if it all turns to shit, with none really coming his way.

Gives him a taste of first grade in tough conditions.

Then he can go to Brissie feeling he can definitely do better and the improvement will give him the world of confidence.

Following weeks we can start to get some players back and he can look forward to that.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey DD you havent done a video skit for a couple u years.
If he has a bad first game like Alamoti (or was it Casey??) Or a game like Burton did in round 1, I'll give him as much shit as anyone.

....and I hope you all support me on it.

But I'm also all for second chances so he can redeem himself in future games.

But realistically we don't need miracles from him. Just play to his instincts which should be enough to offer more than Flanno ever did. I wish him well.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is good enough and a tough opposition will show that he is.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he has a bad first game like Alamoti (or was it Casey??) Or a game like Burton did in round 1, I'll give him as much shit as anyone.

....and I hope you all support me on it.

But I'm also all for second chances so he can redeem himself in future games.

But realistically we don't need miracles from him. Just play to his instincts which should be enough to offer more than Flanno ever did. I wish him well.
Casey’s first game wasn’t bad… it stunk up the joint. It was putrid. Worst debut I’ve ever seen…in any sport…at any level.
I don’t think KO has a game like that in him.