Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Proof of it is seen on what just happened today
Robinson drops 20 year old Walker like a bomb after only 2 poor games and the media say nothing.
Crawley was praising Robbo for it yet when Flanno got dropped or when he didn’t get picked early 2022 he was smashing the club player welfare bs ….

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno to not play at all then? In any grade?

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Atleast start with Reynolds and bring KO into the game... You would assume its on the cards in the coming weeks unless Flannagan finally gets a try assist.
Yeah starting Reynolds might be a good idea.
Coming off the bench he is wound up too much and is trying too hard to make an impact.
Start him, get into a rhythm and create some sort of combo with the side

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not just 2 poor games though. He is young and there is plenty in his game he needs to work on. That’s best done in reserves. His biggest issue is that he plays too much off the cuff. Which sounds great but it means players around him have no idea where they need to be.
Not to mention Walkers non existent defence !!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only possible reason that Reynolds is on the bench is that KO will come in for Flanagan. With Reynolds on the bench as cover.

I can’t see both or either of Averillo or Burns to play. Which will also see Skeleton get a run.

I think there is a big chance they both debut this weekend. At least i hope so.
I can't believe you guys cannot see CC's magnificent chess move....

It's not Flanno that will make way for KO leading into the game....it's Burton.

He will be moved to the centres to replace Averillo or Burns.

JR remains on the bench in case our new look halves fail to control the game.

Brilliant from CC!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There isnt much difference mate based on our structure.

- Burton plays left
- Flanagan plays right
- Mahoney controls the middle

That wont change if Burton plays 7
So what’s the point of naming him at 7.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully, if Flanagan is dropped we can start to look to the future and build some combinations for this year but also next year.

It would be so beneficial if we could have a settled 6,7 and 9 by seasons end so that when SC joins we are already on the right track.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Not to mention Walkers non existent defence !!
Reserves isn’t going to fix that though. That takes time. He needs to learn to play smarter and not be such a hero. Going back ti reserves will allow him to see the options a bit easier and allow the right decision to be made. Then rinse and repeat until
It becomes second nature. Cooper Cronk when he started out wasn’t the most talented bloke. But he worked hard on his game to become one of the better readers of a defence and pull that apart.

note that Thurston couldn’t tackle for many years. Nor benji Marshall. That part takes 3-4 yrs for guys to learn if they have poor technique and little size. Maybe he can watch some flanno tackling videos. Won’t learn anything else off him.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not a troll anymore, fam. I am reformed. I know Flano isn't good enough, but it's also not fair to blame him for Mahoney's faults. reed was awful on the weekend and that had little to do with Flano and a lot to do with him not turning up with his head screwed on.
True

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not a troll anymore, fam. I am reformed. I know Flano isn't good enough, but it's also not fair to blame him for Mahoney's faults. reed was awful on the weekend and that had little to do with Flano and a lot to do with him not turning up with his head screwed on.
Thanks Nasheed. I’m not a regular poster here but having read through the forum since 2008 I’ve seen enough posts from this account and your other alias accounts to confirm your one and the same person and just a serious troll.

You find a topic that is controversial (such as race/ethnicity) and/or others are passionate about (such as players and team selections) and become discreetly provocative.

It’s clever but very sad at the same time.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crawley was praising Robbo for it yet when Flanno got dropped or when he didn’t get picked early 2022 he was smashing the club player welfare bs ….
That’s not a surprise. Crawley is a fucking dumb prune looking ****. He has the worst takes of all time, he’s a muppet, he deadset pisses me off to the point where I think if I saw him at a pub I’d slap the ****.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s not a surprise. Crawley is a fucking dumb prune looking ****. He has the worst takes of all time, he’s a muppet, he deadset pisses me off to the point where I think if I saw him at a pub I’d slap the ****.
What if the dumb **** crawley and fox sports wanted us to suffer with playing shit ***** and put out in the papers that the dogs are bad at looking after flanno etc just to shit stir our club

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow

Is Baz still picking the team?

Picking injured players
Picking players out of position
Picking Reynolds

I just hope at least 3-4 of that 17 are there to avoid the media circus on debuting players. And will be swapped out before the game
I think that will be the case, late changes expected - at a minimum, Burns shifting to centre for Avo and Skelton on the wing and maybe, just maybe…KO in for Flange.