Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How would that make sense if KO has been playing halfback in Cup? All he's doing is causing confusion. These selections remind me of Barrett. make wild changes and hope something sticks lol
When Oloapu debuts it makes sense for Burton to be first receiver to not put too much on Oloapu's plate.. It also gets Burton on the move/involved more, which has been a huge issue with his game.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell on an edge……….Yuk
And he’s got useless at 6

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked to see Flanno dropped for KO last minute. KO might have been playing at 7 in NSW Cup but, if we're going to debut him in an understrength squad, might as well be in his favoured position. The week Flanno does get dropped, he'll be listed in the Tuesday announcement regardless, so the media don't have an entire week to run snippets of widdle baby crying.
They can't afford to drop Flano. Completely unfair to ask KO toi fill in at 9 when Reed craps the bed again.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By the looks of nsw cup highlights Casey has improved defensively although had a bit of a shocker in the game we lost but whole team played really poor that day. If Burton is playing the Flanagan role and going from side to side than that i guess that could be interesting. If Burns can’t recover from injury than Skelton will play

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know mate I watch reggies but he also plays wide of the ruck at times like a running 6 and you’ll notice in a lot of his highlights he played 6. Maybe were CC wants him there. Time will tell.
Yeah I wouldn’t mind it. Not sure Burton will be a good 7 though? I guess we’re going for two running halves, but I still think we need a good organiser.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We also have multiple people playing through injuries plus the already outs so lets just hope we show some fight and keep it close. Dogs to win huge over Newtown in the game before hand tho

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If/when Oloapu debuts it makes sense for Burton to be first receiver as he's played halfback for Penrith before and to not put too much on Oloapu's plate. It also gets Burton on the move/involved more, which has been a huge issue with his game.
If that was the plan, why not play KO at 6 from the start? It is just causing uncertainty and confusion over team roles, IMO. Strong Barret vibes.

Burton wore the 7 but didn't really play halfback when Cleary was out. Luai was still at first receiver most of the time.

Anyway, I don't really care if they drop Kyle at this stage....it will prove he's not our only problem.... but this chopping and changing just seems unnecessarily clunky and confusing to me. I don't get it.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters dropped Sam Walker - so how do we measure acceptable performance.

It’s not that hard - if Flanagan can dominate in reserve grade he may come back a more complete player - defence aside he is
not currently playing to the required standard for an NRL halfback.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t mind it. Not sure Burton will be a good 7 though? I guess we’re going for two running halves, but I still think we need a good organiser.
I think most of our points come from Burto or Reed it’s obvious nothing is coming off Flanagan so it might force Burto to play both sides of the ruck and kick and run more. Karl’s job would be simplified that way. All speculation but I like what CC is doing.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isnt much difference mate based on our structure.

- Burton plays left
- Flanagan plays right
- Mahoney controls the middle

That wont change if Burton plays 7

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at swapping numbers between Burton and Kyle as if that will make a difference
It's a masterstroke. He has moved Burton to 7 so Oloapu can come in and play the position he hasn't been playing all season lol