Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly my view is split.

There wasn’t this hype about him for Baz. Baz already flopped at manly.

This could be more like fitzy who is going pretty well and had a bit of hype.

Also kikau and Mahoney with Baz would of been better. So naturally only positive to the roster plus more spuds gone and a lot more $ to spend with Gus there now controlling that (wasn’t when the other spuds were signed)

Then other side is anyone could look good coaching panthers. Ivan in my opinion isn’t a good coach. He’s shown at warriors and panthers before he’s meh (not saying he’s shit) just certainly not someone I rate extremely highly. More his roster is insane when he has been good. Like Trent Robinson. He’s only ever done anything with rosters any serviceable coach could do. He’s flopped without it.
Didn't set the world on fire at the tigers either.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unrealistically, Bellamy in 2024... lol

Realistically, Flanno or Ciraldo.
And Gus has already passed on Flanno. Flanno threw himself at our feet, when the job first became available, and he said no one returned his calls. Otherwise there's no need to delay Flannos announcement

Ciraldo is the only option left

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get Ciraldo I hope Flanagan is appointed as one of his assistants. It would be like an insurance policy and he can then easily take over if Ciraldo turns out to be another Barrett. There's a spot available also with Furner leaving.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And Gus has already passed on Flanno. Flanno threw himself at our feet, when the job first became available, and he said no one returned his calls. Otherwise there's no need to delay Flannos announcement

Something tells me he has signed a Coach that's under contract.

BUT

If Ciraldo is a hard **** then I'd be happy to have him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Flanagan Senior went on a big press one whoring himself out

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Something tells me he has signed a Coach that's under contract.
Just struggle to see how he could persuade a good coach (under contract) to break what they already have and come to us because the good coaches have teams that they have built at the moment.

As I said I like what Potter has done and wouldn't mind another season with him where he gets a fair crack at it

But other than that no one stands out as either attractive or available

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just struggle to see how he could persuade a good coach (under contract) to break what they already have and come to us because the good coaches have teams that they have built at the moment.

As I said I like what Potter has done and wouldn't mind another season with him where he gets a fair crack at it

But other than that no one stands out as either attractive or available
I Just want a hard arsed, old school, "father figure" style of coach.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Initially I didn’t want Ciraldo because I was still butt hurt from what the so called attacking genius Baz gave us

But like I said earlier Gus must think he’s the guy so he’s the guy