How many more years

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Today we saw, we are still so far of the pace it's beyond funny.

I thought by now we would be a competitive middle of the road team at least.
But we clearly still bottom 2 team.

How much longer do we need to endure this.

How many coaches
How man player turn over.

Seriously what the actual fuck is going on

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Things have been up and down (mainly down) since Folkes. We went to Moore, Hasler who got a good year in 2012 and the best out of a group of players in 2014 (we were never winning the GF), des ball, salary cap issues, Pay and now Barrett. Add in changes of board (and bullshit politics). We're getting closer but Gus needs to be brutal if the place is to be successful again -m that's with players and coaching staff.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe this is the new reality for the 'Dogs... a f*+# up club like the Tigers or the Eels of old... just making up the numbers

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently we’re only in the first year of the rebuild according to Gus!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we have TPJ on $700k a year who plays 30 mins a game when we don’t have a decent 7 or 9?
We will have a decent nine next year. In fairness I thought TPJ was actually quite good today with his involvement and offloads. I think we’re also struggling not having an edge back rower who demands attention from the defence.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Depends on how long it takes to fill these gaps

2. Naden
3. Alomati
4. Burns
5. JAC
6. Burton
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
12. Kikau

14. BBO
16. King

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is key. There's nothing to like about our attack since the start of the season. If we scored with those opportunities Melbourne gave us, we wouldn't have 40 plus put on us. Our inability to score killed the confidence in our defense to hold Melbourne out.

Gus needs to make a big decision and remove the captaincy from Jackson and give it to JAC.

Let Jackson know that he isn't part of the future going forward and expect to play less minutes off the bench.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how long it takes to fill these gaps

2. Naden
3. Alomati
4. Burns
5. JAC
6. Burton
9. Mahoney
10. King
12. Kikau
I don’t even mind Dufty at the back but there’s a major issue going on with the halves and backrowers where we never seem to be able to create a 3 on 2 on our set plays. Kikau should help

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got my first son (first child actually) on the way in June. Surely we'll be competitive by the time he actually gives a fuck about footy. Right? I bloody hope so.
Maybe leave it to next season...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t even mind Dufty at the back but there’s a major issue going on with the halves and backrowers where we never seem to be able to create a 3 on 2 on our set plays. Kikau should help
Depends on how our attack structures change...we cannot afford to pay him more than he's on now with the way we are going ... You let him walk and play Creedence. Especially if Thompson, Kikau and TPJ are all on the books, something's gotta give

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is key. There's nothing to like about our attack since the start of the season. If we scored with those opportunities Melbourne gave us, we wouldn't have 40 plus put on us. Our inability to score killed the confidence in our defense to hold Melbourne out.
Agreed.We dominated that first 20 mins and if we score a couple of tries the game is totally different.