Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you haven’t rewatched our last game then do yourself a favour and watch it

Whilst, it’s disappointing to lose, there’s no shame losing when you give it everything

Second time round you will notice the opportunities we created and a better defensive line

There’s so much cause for optimism

TPJ is also a beast very impactful and King the diamond in the rough

I’m not sure why people are giving Manly so much credit when they are prob on par with Tigers as the worst team in the comp at the moment

If you think back to the last time we played, we fielded a shit team and yet still stuck with them more than competitive for 55min

We have a brand new team and enough strike to beat them particularly if our pack aims up again and the backs click

Have some faith Yo
Good post mate

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even though we lost on the weekend we still showed signs of better more structured play than that of the last few years.
Need to keep some consistency with the team each week which is what we have; unfortunately we just happened to be lucky enough to get Ben Cummins again....well at least the NRL are showing some signs of consistency and no doubt he will too.......but not in the way we would like...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking forward to this game on Sunday and winning that slab of beer from a work colleague who is a Manly fan....

If JOK wins us the game by chasing down Turbo Tom about to score the winning try, the beer will taste even better!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im looking forward to this game on Sunday and winning that slab of beer from a work colleague who is a Manly fan....

If JOK wins us the game by chasing down Turbo Tom about to score the winning try, the beer will taste even better!
we need a replica of when we smashed manly a few years back and i think bobcat scored a double or triple that day

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more supporters like you
Guessing he is more of a glass half empty kind of guy lol.

After the past 3 years I am happy with glass 10% full. On many occasions the glass has been as dry as a nuns nasty

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Guessing he is more of a glass half empty kind of guy lol.

After the past 3 years I am happy with glass 10% full. On many occasions the glass has been as dry as a nuns nasty
its embarrassing people bagging people when they dont even understand the game but if it suits their own agenders then thats ok.
Burton is a superstar but facts are he has missed more tackles than any other player, equal with Waddell. If this was Averillo im the stats would have been a post on their own.
We are 2 weeks down, should be 2/2, the team needs time in attack and defence. They need to learn to trust each other on attack and defence.
It doesnt happen over night.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sunday March 27 (6:15pm kick off)
Fortress Sookvale

1. Matt Dufty
2 .Jayden Okunbor
3. Braidon Burns
4. Brent Naden
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Jake Averillo
8. Luke Thompson
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jack Hetherington
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Josh Jackson (C)

Interchange
14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15 .Corey Waddell
16. Max King
17. Ava Seumanufagai

Reserves
19. Chris Patolo
20. Brandon Wakeham
21. Joe Stimson
22. Kyle Flanagan
23. Reece Hoffman
24. Joshua Cook
25. Aaron Schoupp

Referees: Ben Cummins;
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Darian Furner;
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy;
I see the same guy who reffed our Broncos game is running the line. The refereeing ranks must be pretty poor..

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Baz could have worked out a replacement for knockonmore, Manly are going to shread his side to pieces.
You are 100% correct, Baz will regret his choice this week. Okunbor is our weakness and Manly would be crazy not to target him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are 100% correct, Baz will regret his choice this week. Okunbor is our weakness and Manly would be crazy not to target him.
Same as we target Saab, every side has a weakness

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unpopular comment BUT I think at least he deserves a shot. At least for us to show us he is or is not the way forward. We are already gambling in the halfback role. May as well go all in and test them all
He’s a lot better than what he showed last year, I think he only had 6 games with us last year,
He’s a genuine hb and he’s got plenty potential but I think it’s all mental for him

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we need to get tpj to run at dce every time he gets the ball. Scare the shit out of him. Manlys forward pack look unfit asf so we should tear them up in the middle that’s where jmk has to keep timing his runs right. Dufty needs to support more also. But very do able.
Burton also needs to target Saab with his spiral bombs
yeh they been kicking Saab a lot. deep kicks to Saab thank fuck Burton can kick like he can.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Looking at Manly’s forward park wow could be the weakest in the NRL. Keepie starting, Paseeka on the bench, who looks pretty unfit, and Taupau. 2 second rowers on the bench one that only ways 94 kg according to the website. Jake and olakawatu are good but Jake plays that stupid ball playing style. Our forwards should dominate. So if we control the ball we should dominate field position. Just got to ice those chances . Ref as always will give about 5 or 6 bullshit penalties in the first half. If we can keep close at half time should be able to run over them. Yes Manly have some stars but their depth and forwards are looking really weak.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't be a cricket score, whoever wins it will be by 6 points or less.
I hope we can produce a miracle win as someone once said “Miracles DO happen”, but with Cummins assigned as ref our fate is sealed.

Manly don’t need anymore help but they’ve certainly received it by way of him being named ref for our game, yet again.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I see the same guy who reffed our Broncos game is running the line. The refereeing ranks must be pretty poor..
Did you also see he is referee for Tigers v Warriors? Pulling 2 shifts this weekend, as a number of them do.
Some rotate between ref and video, others ref and touchline, as well as double shifts of touch line or ref a game of WNRL.

Vlandys cut back the amount of refs during Covid whilst also removing the two refs on field

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He probably got dropped because he awarded the Dogs the penalities 6 to 3, Ben Cummins will remedy that this week.

Malla

Reaction score
While the focus from all will be on Okunbor, and rightly so, this will be won through the middle. I think we have the edge over the Manly forward pack. We just need to keep punching through the middle, late in the first half and second half it should open up through the middle for Dufty, Burton and JAC.

I am tipping a huge game from TPJ. Dogs by 16.